Week 17: Cowboys(26)vs.Titans(38)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Apr 18, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 17: Cowboys(26)vs.Titans(38)

TITANS WIN AFC SOUTH!​

[​IMG]
    Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt, and Nate Washington celebrate after long CJ TD rush.

The Dallas Cowboys visited the Tennessee Titans to close the regular season of the 2011 Online Football League. One of the teams in this game was in the playoffs with a win and a loss meant that a couple other teams had to lose to get a shot at a birth. The titans game came in red hot, with a win over divisional rival Colts last week and a 6 game winning streak going into the last game of the season. The cowboys were 9-6 and on a 2 game winning streak and needed a win to force a tiebreaker that it looked like they would win and get in the playoffs. After a couple restarts in the first due to the EA servers sucking, on the 3rd restart we got it going pretty smoothly and managed to finish the game.

Titans got the ball first in the game and drove down the field with big runs by CJ and getting good support by fullback Hall when he needed a breather. Deep in cowboys territory, a great PA fake by QB young had FB Hall wide open in the flat and he scored from 6 yards out to make it 7-0. Cowboys drove well on their first possession, but stalled around the titans 30 with Romo throwing a couple incompletes. The cowboys could have went for it on 4-1, but decided to take the 3 points early to make it 7-3 Titans. On the first play after the kickoff, CJ took the ball and ran it 80 yards up the gut untouched for the huge TD to take the big lead all the momentum going into the 2nd quarter shown here.

[YOUTUBE]X___dDLZc30[/YOUTUBE]

The Dallas Cowboys got the ball again but this time the titans forced a turnover in a couple plays and the titans got the ball at midfield looking to score again. CJ was doing more inside work this game than ever due to the fact that Ware was patrolling the corner and outside runs. The offensive line showed up big time and CJ responded with a great day on the ground. On the titans drive, Vince Young once again set up a great play action off CJ runs and found CJ on a screen and broke containment and went the distance again for a 53 yard TD to make it 21-3 midway through the second quarter. Dallas finally got a little bit of momentum late in the second with a nice drive that ended in a 3 yard touchdown by RB Barber to make to 21-10. The titans responded nicely with what they do best, Run the ball, and once again the cowboys were too aggressive and vince young found TE Cook jr. wide open for the 38 yard TD pass. Safety Ken Hamlin thought he was gonna take the big TE down but found out the hard way that its not good to be on the small end of a 260 lb to 200 lb battle.

[YOUTUBE]PmYxYNFj0qk[/YOUTUBE]​

Dallas added a FG with 30 secs left in the half to make the halftime score 28-13 Titans.

The Cowboys rallied during halftime and everyone could tell when the came back onto the field in the third quarter. They got many yards with ease on both rushes and passes. At mid field, one of the best plays that the cowboys got all game, slot receiver Thomas caught a bullet and slashed his way across the field and scored to make it 28-20 and make it a game again. The Cowboys defense also responded well, keeping the titans out of the end zone for most of the second half. The question was wither they could hold CJ and company down long enough for the offense to catch up. The titans kicked a FG to end scoring in the third with a score of 31-20 Titans.

Early in the forth, Dallas once again looked good with the barber/jones RB combo and Romo was finding the holes in the zone to throw too. With 7 mins left in the game, RB Barber scored again to make it 31-27 titans and the cowboys went for the 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game but were stopped after a great play by FS griffen in coverage. With the 4 point lead, the titans couldnt get much on the ground on the next possession and were forced again to punt it too the cowboys. The Cowboys drove and had two different series to take the lead or get it closer but ultimately romo threw a pick to CB finnagan to give the ball back to the titans in "run down the clock" mode. When the titans got the ball back, they ran the clock down with decent runs for good gains to keep the drive going. CJ found the endzone for the 3rd time on the day when he ran 4 yards right up the middle to end all scoring for the game. The titans win the hard fought one and clinch a playoff birth and a probable AFC south crown with a score of 38-26.

The titans end the season on a league leading 7 game winning streak and arguable are the hottest team going into the playoffs next week. They finish the season 11-5 after starting 4-5 and went from 4th place to the lead in that streak. Even though Madden may screw the titans again with the tiebreaking rule, The Titans deserve to be named the AFC South Champions with two victories by big margins over the Houston Texans during this season and will be called that the champions. Chris Johnson ends the season averaging 140 yards per game and 1.5 TDs during the 7 game streak scored and should be leading the voting in OMFL POY this season.

Game Stats:

V. Young- 10-17 248yds 3TD1INT
    A. Hall- 8rush 45yds, 1rec 6yds 1TD
    CJ2K- 25rec 164yds 2TD, 2rec 66yds 1TD
    J. Manning- 2rec 73yds
    J. Cook Jr.- 4rec 93yds 1TD

T. Romo- 22-38 344yds 1TD3INT
    M. Barber- 7att 6yds 2TD, 3rec 16yds
    R. Williams- 5rec 105yds
    D. Thomas- 5rec 95yds 1TD

GG wayj, you had all the momentum for a while in second and almost caught up with me. Hope you make the playoffs and if you dont, i hope you have a great offseason!

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

GG guys, looks like a battle...what seems to be the last wildcard spot available in the NFC is now in my hands against Seattle, which is to be played tomorrow night..Monday Night Football...

I just got a chub...

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Watch out for them Titans! My personal pick to win the AFC.

4. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

GG Ox I gave the damn game away with that late pic, I don't know why I threw it to Austin he was perfectly covered. Should have hit Williams coming across the middle he was wide and thats the season.

PS Good luck rest o' the way Ox

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yeah, i saw it coming though as it happened twice before to win games for the other teams.... Finnegan breaks coverage and goes for the wide open interception and misses it completely and it goes right to the wr for the game winning touchdown for the other team.

Anyways if you scored that TD i strongly believed that you would have won, i dont think i could have got into FG range with the way my offense was struggling in the second half.

I think it came down to how much cowboys gear you had on? I had my young jersey, my adidas titan jacket and my ball cap on... it must have pulled the advantage to my side:)

Anyone thinking im crazy...... well it could have been better... my roommate has a replica titans helmet that someone wears to the games each year.

Also props to you waji for changing your jersey every time we started, if you didnt i would have because the titans home jersey and the cowboys away jerseys are VERY similar, and thats a huge pet peeve of mine... thx again, GL this offseason.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Wow how 16 weeks can change your opinion... Went from blasting me to personal favorite to win. If you need some madden help or anything like that just send me PM web.

7. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

LOL your right Ox since the NFL season ended I havent been rocking my gear as much. Should have geared up, should have geared up.
    (n)

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

lol, you arnt wearing any gear this week? draft baby, i broke out all the titans stuff this weekend and got it rewashed and ready to go.