Week 17 Dolphins v. Patriots

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by yogibear, Nov 14, 2012.

1. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

The Dolphins and the Patriots met in Foxboro for a critical week 17 matchup to determine the winner of the division.

The Dolphins received the opening kickoff and proceeded to drive down the field and score a touchdown on a Slaton 2yd run. Any jubiliation they might have felt for scoring early was quickly squashed as the Patriots returned the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown to tie the game up at 7-7 in the first quarter.

Miami once again took the lead in the second quarter with a 15yd touchdown pass to Jones, but after that, they were completely shutdown. New England took the lead in the 2nd quater when they kicked a 53yd fieldgoal, and later on a 1yd run by Lorig with 7 seconds left in the half. Halftime score 17-14 Patriots.

In the 3rd quarter Miami's defense was re-energized and held New England scorless; while taking a 21-17 lead on another Slaton run.

In the 4th quarter New England's defense was dominant. Time and time again making huge stops, forcing a fumble and 2 interceptions. It seemed as if New England spent the entire 4th qtr on Miami's side of the field. Unfortunately for Brady, the only thing his receivers caught was a bad case of the dropsies. Consistently dropping crucial 3rd and 4th down receptions. Even with all the drops, the game was still in reach as Miami was constantly forced to punt from deep in its own territory. With 1:58 left in the game, Miami was pinned on its 8yd line on a third and three; New England was crowding the line looking to stop another Maimi run attempt (which seemed to be the only success they had in moving the ball all quarter). It looked as if New England would get one more chance to get the ball in Miami territory with plenty of time left for Tom Terrific to make another game winning drive. Fortunately, for Miami, Tannehill hit Jones on a quick slant over the middle. With nothing but daylight between Jones and the Endzone, it was a foot race for 84yds to score the game sealing touchdown. Final Score Miami 28 New England 17.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

How was Reggie Bush and the Dolphins running game?

3. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Reggie had 73 yds on 15 carries; averaging 4.9 yds a carry. In all Miami rushed 28 times for 127yds.. Tannehill actually had a 116.6 passer rating throwing 12 for 20, 250yds, 2tds, 1int. Since I haven't named a player of the game, I think it should go to Tannehill.

4. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Reggie had 73 yds on 15 carries; averaging 4.9 yds a carry. In all Miami rushed 28 times for 127yds.. Tannehill actually had a 116.6 passer rating throwing 12 for 20, 250yds, 2tds, 1int. Since I haven't named a player of the game, I think it should go to Tannehill.

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Woozy is still in denial about this one....Should get a response soon but I know this one hurt....I told him that there could be a fine coming from Roger Goodell if he doesnt write his post game report soon but I think the delay is understandable after a tough loss. It makes you think about the real NFL coaches in a new light. Think about how hard would it be to have to talk to the media right after a huge loss?

• Like Like x 1
  6. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

I definitely didn't see this one coming. The Patriots passing attack never got any kind of flow what so ever. Nor have I seen that many drops by the receivers. Regardless, it was a very balanced offense by the Dolphins and a good defensive showing that ultimately came out victorious in this match-up.

Good game yogibear and good luck going forward. Represent the AFC east for Randiesel75 and I.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1