Week 17 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by _MG_, Feb 4, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Jul 21, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Bears 30 Redskins 24
    Trailing at home 24-0 in the 4th quarter, it seemed the Bears were content escaping the beating the Redskins were giving them without any injuries. The offense wasn't even putting up a fight, running the ball on first and second down every series and rarely putting the ball in the air. Nathan Enderle entered the 4th quarter with only 5 pass attempts, and really was only allowed to throw it on 3rd and long.​
    That all changed quickly, as the Bears backup QB, dubbed in Chicago "Week 17 Hall of Famer" Nathan Enderle did it again. Just three seasons ago in a week 17 game against the rival Vikings, Enderle was in a similar situation playing in a meaningless game (the Bears had clinched the NFC North the week before) and was amazing, throwing for over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns. This performance definately wasnt amazing, but the timing sure was. "Coach finally gave me the go ahead in the 4th quarter to throw it. The gameplan going in was just to rest the starters for the playoffs and try and stay healthy, but when Coach finally gave us the go ahead to stretch the field, our eyes all light up like the 4th of July, man. It was beautiful" said Enderle, adding "This was a great moment for all the guys who usually don't get a chance to play most Sundays. Guys like Deandre Brown and Rashard Crayton making big plays in the 4th was just awesome to see. I am proud of the Bench Mob."​
    The Bears would score 3 touchdowns and 3 2-point conversions in the 4th, as well as recover an onside kick to put the game to overtime.​
    In overtime, Mark Sanchez and the Redskins won the toss and began their drive at the 20. After getting sacked and pushed back, third and long came and Sanchez did what he has done a lot of this season, throw a timely interception (the 36th of his season). Rookie Malcome Manning returned it for a touchdown and the Soldier Field faithful couldn't believe their eyes. Trailing 24-0 in the 4th quarter with their bench in, the Chicago Bears came back. Unbelievable.​
    I'd call it Tom Brady Magic...but he was on the bench.​
    Great game SteamboatReb I hope you had as much fun as I did. You played a great game, I got very lucky.​

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sep 22, 2010
    Freeman Shatters Record as CJ2K watches from the Sidelines
    Rams beat Titans backups 21-14​
    Freeman rushes into the record books​
    St Louis, Missouri
    Coming into this week's game against the Titans the Rams were still fighting for that #2 seed, as a loss would have left them tied with the Saints. So while the Titans decided to rest their starters, the Rams only left Vincent Jackson and Jacob Tamme on the bench today as the home fans filled up the Edward Jones Dome in hopes of watching Freeman break Chris Johnson's record for rushing yards in a season, set last year. Needing only 5 yards to do so, Sterlin talked with the coaching staff earlier in the day and asked them if they could keep him in for the majority of the game, as he felt he needed all the reps he could get this week if they were to indeed get the week off next week with the bye. Reluctantly, the coaching staff decided to listen to Freeman and allowed him to play the majority of the game, as he ended up with 132 yards on 18 carries and 2 TDs. While Sam Bradford did throw 2 INTs, (5 in his last 2 games), the Rams were still able to do just enough to beat the Titans 21-14 and clinch the 2 seed. The Rams will now wait to see who they will be playing in the next round.​
    Sterlin Freeman season stats: 291 carries, 2658 yards, 9.1 yards per carry, 30 TDs.​
    • Like Like x 1