Week 17: Jaguars (38), Raiders (20)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Week 17: Jaguars (38), Raiders (20)

In a game meaningless to the playoff picture, Oakland came to Jacksonville and were dominated from start to finish. The Raiders played most of their second team, but still threw the ball all over the field and definately played hard.

Coach Dunlap seemed more agitated than usual after the game. "Look, let's not kid ourselves," he said. "When you go 10-6 and finish last in your division I'm not sure you can say you had a disappointing season. At the start of the season when I saw our brutal schedule I told the guys our first goal was to play .500 football. Well we accomplished that and then some. If we are in any other division in the OMFL we are playoff bound. I am proud of our guys. 10-6 is a HELL of an accomplishment when 12 of your 16 games are against playoff teams."

There was some unrest in the Raiders locker room after the game. Coach Joeseph didn't speak to the media, but did mention he was irritated about a late passing touchdown to Steve Smith when the game was in hand.

When asked about this Coach Dunlap got straight to the point. "Listen you all have driven me up the wall this year. I take it as a disrespect to our football team when another owner sits all of his starters and comes in expecting to win. You know what, I'm not going to tell my guys to go easy just because they are playing your second team. Coach Joeseph is one hell of an owner and his football team has a great shot at winning an OMFL Championship and I wish him nothing but luck in the postseason. If he's upset about something that transpired this game then he should take it up with our league Ombudsman. I am happy to take whatever punishment they would see fit."

"As for our football team, we'll be back next year. With a much more equitable schedule you can expect to see us in the playoffs in Season 3. If that doesn't happen, I will resign as coach of this franchise and look for opportunities elsewhere in the OMFL."

2. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

I think he means by domnated is that there is a reason J.R. backs up Kurt Warner. Look at the numbers they dont lie. J.R. threw a bad pick in the redzone and he got a special teams TD. The last TD wow!!!