Week 17: Raiders 41 Chiefs 38

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Nov 6, 2010.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    Good ol' AFC West shootout this week in KC.

Chiefs jump out to an early 14-0 lead on an 8 yd TD run from RB T.Jones and an 8 yd TD catch by WR D.Bowe. Raiders cut the lead in half with a 3 yd run by RB D.McFadden only to watch KC's kick returner B.Banks bust one for a 101 yd TD. Raiders come right back though, as McFadden broke a 79 yarder to cut the Chiefs lead back to 7. Chiefs defense put KC up by 14 on a pick 6 from LB D.Williams. Raiders would answer that with a 21 yd TD cach by WR C.Schilens. With only seconds left, the Chiefs were looking for more points at the end of the half. Rosenfels would drop back, as the Raiders pressured him he dropped all the way back to the endzone were the Raider defender hits him, Rosenfels tried to through the ball but M.Shaughnessy picked it off in the endzone for a Raiders score. Game tied 28 all at halftime.

Amazingly, after 56 1st half points the Raiders and Chiefs combined for Zero points in the 3rd quarter. The Chiefs would end the drought with a 36 yd FG to take the slim lead. Raiders would not go away, and found a way to get into FG range to tie the game again with a 28 yarder from Janikowski. Chiefs would go deep as Rosenfels found C.Chambers for a 77 yd TD score. The Raiders would answer that with a 78 yd TD catch by D.Heyward-Bey to tie the game yet again. Chiefs had another chance but CB S.Routte would pick off Rosenfels to give the Raiders the ball at the Chiefs 40 yard line. After 3 plays that netted zero yards the Raiders were forced into a 57 yard attempt into the wind. Jano nailed it to lift the Raiders to victory.

GG Jason See ya next season
  2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Jul 16, 2010
    Nice win Savaunte - your boys finished the season strong and will no doubt be a force to be reckoned with next season...
  3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Oct 8, 2009
    Savunte is a good player. I AFC West could be very interesting to watch over the next couple of seasons. You got Sav whos can ball and did well with the Raiders in Madden 10. Then you got the Chargers who are good team and suprgmr will probably have them improved after the offseason. Ofcourse you got BlueBean, who is the current AFC west champion. Then theres BadaBing another great owner. I hope all 4 these guys stay with their teams. I going to enjoy watching that division.
  4. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Mar 5, 2010
    What happened to Jamaal Charles BlueBean????
  5. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Oct 8, 2009
    Matt Cassel and Jamaal Charles did not play due to risk of injury. Antoine Winnfield played in the Dime Package only. Savaunte is an old veteran of the game and I knew he would beat me if I made mistakes. He made me pay everytime I made a foolish decision. 4 INT's and some foolish defensive playcalling on my part. Great Division, I split against all 3 teams.