week 17 Titans(23) -Colts(10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Feb 9, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The colts stood in the way of the titans and a possible playoff birth in the final game of the 5th OMFL season. After failing to put away "must wins" in games against the bills and the panthers, the titans knew that if they didnt make the playoffs this season, it would be on them. Coach ox said in a press conference before the game.
    "Yes i would love to go the postseason but if we lose the tiebreaker to the jets then its all on me. Poor discions by me put us in the tiebreaker position and you wont hear me complain if we dont make it."

This game started out all Titans, more accurately, all chris johnson. 2 FGs by bironas and 2 TDs by CJ where the only scoring in the first half. The titans lead at halftime in the blowout 20-0.

It seemed the titans slowed down a bit in the second half, and ran the ball with CJ for the rest of the game. The colts responded after a couple punts by the Titans but couldnt get closer than 10 points behind. By the final whisle, CJ had 260 yards rushing with 2 scores but also and more important if a playoff spot was won, a torn tendon in his shoulder. Final score 23-10 Titans.
    MRI revealed that CJ would miss about 2 weeks but that was wasnt as big a problem as expected. The jets won in the game after the titans/colts game to secure the final playoff spot. GL next year CJ