Week 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Nov 18, 2009.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jul 8, 2009
    Week 17

Titans @ Seahawks

The Titans had already wrapped up home field advantage throughout the playoffs by the time this week 17 matchup got underway. Coach Jeff Fisher decided to play things safe and sit down K.Collins, C.Johnson, C. Finnegan, K.Bullock, and M.Griffin to ensure a healthy team come playoff time. The Seahawks were holding on to playoff hopes of their own.

The first score of the game came on a Seahawk FG in the first quarter. Tennessee followed up with a time consuming drive only to fumble the ball away in the redzone. Luckily for the Titans the rookie Ryan Mouton came through with a clutch pick 6 on 3rd and 2. 7-3 Titans. The Seahawks ended the first half with a TD of their own to go up 10-7.

On to the second half now. Seattle extended their lead to 13-7 with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd. Tennessee had to answer back and VY led them to a Fg of their own to keep pace at 13-10 Seattle. With the fourth quarter coming up you could tell this one would go down to the wire and indeed it did. After a defensive stop Tennessee tied the game at 13 a piece. Following another huuuuge defensive stand the Titans got the ball back and drove all the way into the Seattle redzone. on 3rd & about 9 the Titans surprised the Seahawk defense with a screen pass to N.Washington who made a couple guys missed and went in for what wound up being the game winning TD as the Titans stopped Seattle on 4th down in Titan territory to preserve the win and a 15-1 season.
  2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    I don't know what you mean by the connection getting lost after the GW pick. . . I played through to the end. I think there were 15 secs left and you kneeled the ball down. I saw the game end screen and logged off.

GG and GL in the playoffs. Tough D and patient O. You will be tough in the playoffs.
  3. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Sep 2, 2009
    Kansas City @ Denver

The Broncos looked to end their up and down season with a win and a shot at the last wild card spot in the AFC welcoming Kansas City to Invesco Field.

Hoping to avoid another last minute shoot out with the red hot CPU coach the Broncos took control early on a 53 yard screen pass and score to K. Moreno and held a 27-14 lead at the break.

Worried about the possibility of a late injury the Broncos opened up the second half very conservative and ate up most of the 3rd quarter with a carousel of feature backs as they added one last score to make the final 35-14.

Alex Smith continued to impress going 14/18 for 269 yards, a pair of touchdown passes and a 1 yard plunge in the victory. "Hey, whomever we play, we'll play our game and continue to do what we can to win football games", said Smith after the win.

Coach Ross was a little more direct when asked about the possibility of the next round. "In the end the road to the SuperBowl will go through Tennessee" said Ross. "Anyone who tells you they haven't noticed isn't being truthful". When asked about a possible rematch with the Ravens Ross smiled. "Hey, we played our worst game that night, we didn't tackle well and we let things get way out of hand. We've played much better, made adjustments and we'll play who we play".

When asked about the "Lazy AFC" comment made to the media by an unnamed NFC coach Ross laughed. "Lazy? We'll see come playoff time won't we?. To think any team is able to stop Chris Johnson come crunch time makes me smile. He's up over 2,000 yards, more than 700 after the first pop and scored 30 times! Those numbers are mind boggling ... I say its already over, just give the hardware to Johnson".

Denver awaits the rest of week 17's match-ups to see where they will end up playing Wild Card weekend.

gg cpu ... you're long bombs to Bradley still worked .... and Larry was tough to bring down ... you just couldn't be me ;)
  4. Kan

Kan Walk On

Jul 24, 2009
    The Chargers would SHOCK the Skins with a win in week 17....

okay, thats a lie....

Skins win 24-16...cpu blah blah blah cpu.
  5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jul 8, 2009

haha. thanks for the praise. i mean the guy is 99 speed so i feel i have to get him the ball. i just hope i dont't play like my real titans do and choke in the playoffs. with the exception of our superbowl loss we always do! NFC watch out though because im sure the AFC has some firepower that you will see shortly regardless of our superbowl representitive.
  6. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Jul 24, 2009
    The Eagles would travel to the Jerry's World in week 17 with heavy rain in the forecast. The game would be filled with mistakes by both teams because of the rain and good defense by both teams even though the points wouldn't show it. The game would start with the Eagles getting the ball first and the Boys defense forcing a 3 and out. The only problem would be Felix Jones would muff the ensuing punt and give the Eagles the ball right back. Vick would be starting at Qb for an injuried Mcnabb and he would go right to work after the turnover. Vick would find his Te Celek for a 16 yd Td pass to give the Eagles an early 7-0 lead. Felix Jones would redeem himself on the following kickoff by taking the kick back for 87 yd Td return. The Cowboys defense would give the Cowboys the lead on the Eagles next drive when Ratliff would hit Vick and cause him to throw the ball directly to Ware who would sprint 25 yds for a Td to give the Boys a 14-7 lead. The Eagles would look to close the Cowbosy down on the Boys next drive and they would when Marion Barber would fumble the ball and the Eagles would recover. Vick once again wouldn't waste much time and throw another Td pass this time to Wr Reggie Brown to tie the game up at 14 after 1 qtr. After that the Scoring would slow with both teams missing a Fg each in the rain. The Cowboys would be able to get 1 Fg before halftime to take a 17-14 halftime lead. In the 3rd the Cowboys would expand their lead to 24-14 after a Felix Jones 1 yd Td run. In the 4th qtr the Eagles would get back into the game after a couple Romo interceptions. Vick would throw his 3rd td pass of the game this one to Te Celek once again with 6 mins left in the game to get them within a fg 24-21. The Eagles would have a couple more chances after that but fail to put any points on the board and the Cowboys would leave the field with a tight 24-21 win.

gg styk your Te and the wildcat was killing me
  7. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Jul 26, 2009
    Good One GT.

1st off, I saw the roof closed. It was RAINING INSIDE A DOME!!!!

If it leaks that bad? Jerry should call the builder.

As far as the ball goes, it was like trying to kick a Nerf that had spent all day in the pool.

Good Luck in the playoffs.
  8. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Jul 27, 2009
    Steelers @ Dolphins

Miami host the Steelers and vetaren and x-Steeler Joey Porter trash talks and backs it up. Phins moved the ball and Carpenter kicked 4 FG's and the defense kept the steelers out of the endzone and only allowing a FG all game. Pinnington was suffering from flu symptoms which effected his play by throwing 3 picks.

steelers 3
    Dolphins 26

GG Hoyt, your D played tough all game!
  9. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Jul 24, 2009
    GG Irod GL in the playoffs.
  10. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Aug 20, 2009
    New Orleans visited Carolina for the final week of the season. This would be a quiet affair (by regular season standards) with a lot of back and forth, but little scoring - until the second quarter. CB Marshall would pick off Brees for a pick six, but then the Saints would answer right back on a 6-yard pass to Bush. Then late in the half, backup Panthers QB Josh McCown would scramble past the first line of defenders enroute to a 56 yard touchdown. The score would stay 14-7 at the half.

In the second not a lot would happen, with Carolina playing backups at almost every position, and the Saints playing their regular selves. Still, the visiting team would score a FG to make it 14-10, but then Carolina would kill off a lot of clock time capped with a 1-yard run by McCown. New Orleans would rally late in the fourth, but would miss the 2pt conversion AND the onside kick..

Final Score
    New Orleans 16
    Carolina 21

gg Scholt
  11. scarface

scarface Walk On

Jul 24, 2009
    Bears win in the motor city.

The Bears would start fast scoring 21- points in the first qtr and a half the Lions would score 10 in the first half but the Bears would try and just hold the lead as the Lions would come back and get within 8 points in the 4th but the Bears would add a FG to get it back to 11 points and would take the win.

GG scared.
  12. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    Wk 17: Ravens 22 Raiders 38

Raiders "D" stepped up huge today. We forced 6 turnovers, returning 4 of them for defensive TDs and setting up a TD run by Russell and setting up a FG by Janokowski. Ravens fought till the end though, scoring twice in the 4th to make it look more respectable.

GG Mags, GL in the Playoffs
  13. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Feb 20, 2009
    GG Sav, not the tune-up we were looking for going into the playoffs. I need to check, but Flacco must have about 15 INTs returned for TDs this year. I seriously think my defense has given up 1/2 of all the points scored... UGH.

Hopefully we'll see ya again.
  14. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Aug 16, 2009
    GG to you ther scarface. I know I have a lot to work to do with my DL as you ran over us and through us as well. If I didn't bring 2-3 blitzers as well I think you would have had 300yds on the ground. GL in the playoffs ..see ya next season.