Week 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by redlishus, Oct 18, 2010.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

WEEK 17

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

The battle of the division may be up for grabs in this NFC South matchup (I think. Haven't broke down the tie breakers but I know head to head would be 1 apiece if Tampa wins.) Question is does it really matter. Both teams are in and don't want to tip their hand to each other in case they face each other in the playoffs. I expect to see a bunch of backups playing as both teams try to come out unscathed. However, Brees is in just long enough to throw for 2 TD's and the Saints clinch the division going away.

Bucs 17 @ Saints 31

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

San Diego needs to win to get in. Denver has the divison all wrapped and can rest their starters (in past Madden's injuries weren't an issue, but with this years you better sit some people.). San Diego is going to pound the rock all game long. Denver will do their best to try and stop them but this isn't the priority in this game. Getting out healthy is. Can San Diego show that they belong? I believe they will.

Chargers 35 @ Broncos 13

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

The Titans have an outside shot at making the playoffs. A San Diego loss and a win by them and they are in. The Colts are coming off their first loss of the season and are looking to get back in the win column. A loss in the regular season could be a wakeup call for the Colts in the playoffs that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. The Titans have a lot to play for and have been running the ball with Ronnie Brown. They will need a big day by Brown if they want a shot. Control the clock and keep the Colts offense off the field and you will have a shot at beating them. I think they will do just that and sneak by the Colts but will still be short of making the playoffs.

Titans 27 @ Colts 20

EL GUESSER SPECIAL OF THE WEEK

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

The Raiders have been running their mouth all season. Quite frankly, most of the league is sick of it, especially the Chiefs. The Chiefs are starting to show promise and have vowed to make changes this offseason. Everyone is available except Berry and Flowers. Both those names sure sound like hell raisers on defense. The Raiders have been running their gums all season to an impressive 7-8 record. I for one have been on the receiving end of one of their beatdowns and still can't figure out how that happened. Chiefs are playing with pride and want to finish strong. That will be enough for them to upset and end the season on a high note.

Raiders 24 @ Chiefs 32

2. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

good picks, i seem to always do what you predict when you pick 1 of my games. should be fun watching this last week of season 1 shake down

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Please mail me what u r drinking

4. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Please change your prediction then ;)

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

nice read. You got 1 thing right, my primary objective is to make it to the playoffs healthy.

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice article, Troy. Always a fun read, especially after a short, well deserved hiatus. :) The Saints already have the NFC South wrapped up. Even with a loss to the Bucs in week 17, the Saints would win the tie-break with the best record for games played within the division (current standings are Saints 5-0; Bucs 3-2). The key is if the Bucs win, they face the Vikings in the Wild Card round and if the Bucs lose AND the Seahawks win the Bucs will face the Saints in the Wild Card round. It makes things interesting, but I will most likely risk playing my starters so that I don't have to risk facing Tony two weeks in a row...

7. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Wow some interesting games as we wind down, will definitely be interesting

8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Not to be left out of the big games was the AFC North battles; Bengals vs. Ravens & Steelers vs. Browns. The Bengals needed a win and a Steelers loss to win the division, and that's exactly what happened. Congrats to the Bengals and GG Steelers, it was a hard fought battle.

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Yes. That was a HUGE turn of events! It makes this part of the season that much more fun to watch!