Week 2.1, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

And we're back! Good luck, great pace last week. That was a horrible weekend for CL but I'm confident the worst is behind us, and more importantly, the best is ahead. Let's keep it rolling.

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 55-6 against Buffalo (0-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host San Diego State (0-1).

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 69-14 against Utah State (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (0-1).

=============== #10 LSU Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 37-34 against TCU (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host UAB (1-0).

=============== #5 Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 49-13 against Rice (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host Texas Tech (1-0).

=============== #8 Florida Gators (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 26-14 against Toledo (0-1).
    This week, the Gators travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (1-0).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 24-21 against UL Lafayette (0-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host Georgia State (0-1).

=============== #20 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 37-10 against Texas State (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host SMU (0-1).

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 14-10 against Nevada (1-0).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #4 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Cardinal were idle.
    This week, the Cardinal will host San Jose State (1-0).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 31-7 against Syracuse (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Eastern Michigan (1-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 21-10 against UMass (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host Miami University (1-0).

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

[​IMG]
    Wisconsin Barely gets by 29-20​
    Once again the Wisconsin Badgers rode the back of Senior RB James White. While this week only one TD came from the ground game, White still had a lasting impact on the game to the tune of 159 yards. Stave had a bounce back performance although throwing 2 INT he looked much more comfortable in the pocket. Not satisfied with his performance Stave recognized after the game Tanner McEvoy is once play away from being the starting QB and admittedly that has been in the back of his mind. "We have a chance to continue making school history by winning our 4th consecutive B1G title, and I want to be the QB that gets it done all I can do is go to work everyday and perfect my craft and everything will fall into place."​
    Joel Stave 16/23 191 2TD 2INT​
    James White 19-159-1​
    Melvin Gordon 4-20​
    Jared Abbrederis 7-92-1​
    Jeff Duckworth 4-49-1​
    Michael Trotter 10 TKL - 2 TFL - 1 FF​

• Like Like x 2
  3. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG]
    DUCKS ROLL, BEAT VIRGINIA 51-14​
    De'Anthony Thomas took the opening kickoff 105 yards to the house, and Oregon never looked back. The defense played great, shutting out the Cavaliers in the first half. The run game led the Ducks to victory, as both Marcus Mariota and DAT rushed for over 100 yards. ​
    Notable Oregon stats:​
    • QB Marcus Mariota - 12-20 for 137 yards; 13 carries, 103 yards, 2 TD​
    • HB De'Anthony Thomas - 13 carries, 119 yards, 3 TD; 5 catches, 40 yards​

4. jandy

jandy Walk On

An updated look at Chompions League week 2 Top 25

s1w2 cl top 25.PNG

I got a scoring update that said Georgia lost this week, so it looks like everyone will be moving up with a win

Also, a big shoutout to our newest member and a fellow PAC 12-er, KNICKSFAN_84. He will be taking over USC

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG]
    SILVER BULLETS SAVE ANEMIC OFFENSE, BUCKS WIN 14-10​
    A week after putting up jaw-dropping numbers, the Ohio State offense sputtered against a surprisingly stingy San Diego State defense. The Buckeyes threw for less than 100 yards on the day and were held scoreless for much of the first half, until Carlos Hyde found the end zone on a 4-yard scamper right before halftime. Ohio State was able to extend the lead to 14-3 on the opening possession of the second half, but San Diego State answered with a touchdown of its own shortly after. Then in the fourth quarter OSU had a chance to put the game away, but Braxton Miller threw an interception in the end zone squandering at least three points and likely seven. The Aztecs had two more shots to pull off the upset, but the Silver Bullets held strong and forced an interception and then a turnover on downs to ice the game.​
    [​IMG]
    Helmet Stickers
    -- Braxton Miller: 11/17 for 88 yards, INT. 15 carries for 132 yards including a 42-yard scamper on a QB draw. TD​
    -- Carlos Hyde: 10 carries for 43 yards, TD​
    -- Curtis Grant: 6 tackles, Sack, FF​

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    17 - 42
    Tech throws everything they have at aTm, but not enough!
    Sometimes you wonder why Tech even brings running back with them on Road Trips. They aren't going to actually run the ball. Heck, they could use their schollies for more QBs and WRs. Tech starting half back Kenny Williams did end up with the most catches on screens and when split out. The Red Raider ran a total of 12 times, including three sacks, for a whopping 4 yards. The passed the ball 49 times for 292 yards but could only score 3 times.
    Manziel and the offense struck first with a solid drive in the first. They would go up by 14 early in the second but were immediately answered by the Red Raiders own TD. The Aggies really made Tech pay in the last few minutes of the first half by scoring 3 straight TDs. Manziel showed some precision passing and mixed in som eeffective running including a 50 yard scamper by Ben Malena all the way down to the 4 yard line. The third TD was the result of an efficient passing drive with under a minute on the clock and 3 TOs. Manziel only completed one pass over 20 yards but was able to use TOs and lead Wideouts out of bounds to stop the clock.

During the second half A&M was content to control the clock and only scored one more TD in the 3rd. Tech would get 10 second half points but were never in the game after the 2nd quarter barage.
    The defense did what the could to contain Tech but there's only so much you can do when they never stop passing. They may have been able to pitch a shutout if they didn't come down with a case of STONE HANDS! They had 3 dropped picks, one on each eventual scoring drive.​
    [​IMG]
    Nice catch Hot Hands! You're the best player on our team!​

STATS
    Johnny Manziel: 20/26 for 260 yards, 2 TDs. 95 rushing yards and 2 TDs
    Ben Malena: 14 carries for 119 and 2 TDs
    Mike Evans: 9 receptions for 127 yards and 1 TD

7. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

[​IMG]
    TROJANS RALLY LATE BEAT WASHINGTON STATE 42-31
    The game started off like a nightmare for the Trojans as they quickly found themselves down 16-0 late in the 3rd quarter before the Trojan Offense would find their rhythm scoring 14 points in the final 1:30 of the 3rd followed by an air assault that would put up 28pts in the 4th to give the Trojans the victory as they open up their PAC-12 schedule (1-0)​
    USC Notables:​
    QB Max Wittek 21/38 for 458 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT​

• Like Like x 2
  8. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

The Huskers opened against a Texas State that came into Lincoln just looking to compete. As a team we played really well and offensively we had 0 Turnovers. That in my opinion is the biggest indicator of success. The Huskers ran for 155 yards on 35 carries, and threw for 3 touchdowns. Overall I think we have some room for improvement, but I thought we really competed well and gave ourselves a chance to do some good things this season.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Wrong week bud

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I will be getting mine in tonight.

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

CJTHA1 and ssuwr86

I hope to be out of this week by tomorrow morning at the latest. The two of you play next week, please try to schedule in advance so that we're not stuck in week three for too long

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

MrWitness36 Boraby ssuwr86

It's you 3 and H22APWRD94 on the clock. H22 is playing tonight, so if the rest of you can fit it in to your schedule, it would be great to get to week 3 tonight

• Like Like x 1
  13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Week 3 soon. Need to see if I finally understand this recruiting thing. That is what I get for not reading a single thing about the release of this game other than when it was coming out. Oh well, fast learner...LOL

Spayer419 - I will probably be kicking off around 9pm CT. Just to give you a frame of reference.

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think it helps a lot to do a trial run in an offline dynasty and just recruit. I appreciate the heads up on when you'll play. This is something everyone should consider doing if you extend past the 24-hour mark because I don't like hassling people to play their games

• Like Like x 1
  15. jandy

jandy Walk On

cmassey13 That TD run with Collins was something else. He straight punched that dude in the face and then ran it in for six. Great play(y)

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I've got Carlos Hyde punching girls and the face and you've got Alex Collins making dudes look like girls by punching them in the face. Hell of a run and the play of the year so far in Chompions League!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I'll be playing my game in 30 minutes sorry about that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jandy

jandy Walk On

It's too bad these aren't in the game...Quack

[​IMG]

19. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Now that's going a little too crazy with the custom uniforms lol

20. jandy

jandy Walk On

I think they're a little too literal with the Duck theme too haha. But wow, wouldn't those get people talking

21. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I do like the helmet though that's pretty sic

• Like Like x 1
  22. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Those are hideous. No one does uniforms like the B1G. Home Jersey. Away jersey.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jandy

jandy Walk On

I think you mean no one does boring like the Big Ten

24. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

LSU stomps UAB 41-9 shutting down anything the blazers had in there bag of tricks. The tigers was playing right on all cylinders stacking up 27 first downs. 465 total offensive yards with 266 of that in the air behind Mettenberger strong arm and Senior leadership. 199 yards on the ground majority of it coming from J. Hill 148 yards Blazers just couldnt stop this SEC football.

stats:

Mettenberger 22/35 261 yards 1 td

Hill 30 att 148 yards 2 td

Landry 6 rec 72 yards 1 td

next week Kent St rolls in town for a noon kick off time.

• Like Like x 1
  25. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Thanks man, I've got it captured and was planning to upload it to YouTube and post it here (just haven't had time to do video editing with the unpacking). Collins has been a beast so far and that stiff arm made me jump up and yell/laugh.