Week 2: #17 Arkansas 38 - #9 Iowa 35

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 28, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Week 2: #17 Arkansas 38 - #9 Iowa 35

By A Razor's Edge...Hawkeyes bow out at the end to Arkansas 38-35

What a game!!!

Arkansas was able to overcome 4 interceptions by Ryan Mallet and the unstoppable 1-2 bunch of Iowa's RBs and barely escape with a 38-35 win over #9 ranked Iowa.

Ryan Mallett threw 4 interceptions, 2 which were very ugly...but still was able to lead the Razorbacks to a big victory. He finished with 310 passing yards and 3 TDs, rushed for another, and connected with star WR Childs on the GW TD pass late in the 4th (video posted)

Iowa scored with 2 mins to go, but Arkansas was able to run out the clock and get the W.

The 1-2 RB punch of Jewel Hampton and Aaron Robinson dominated for Iowa. The 2 combined for 209 rush yds and 3 td on only 20 carries and 68 rec yards on 4 rec and another TD. But the sick part was the number of tackles they broke...easily 15 combined. Their last score came on an 82 yard run by Hampton which he broke the ankles of an Arkansas LB and then proceeded to pull a Chirstian Okoye aka Tecmo Bowl as he ran for the scoe (video posted).

Player of the Game went to Arkansas DE Jake Bequette. The All-American DE finished with 7 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, and seemed to be the only player in the Backs front 7 to be able to take down an Iowa RB.

This win should move Arkansas into the top 15 with their SEC opener looming next week as they travel to Georgia

2. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Man that sounds like it was fun. Get ready for Georgia, their HB is really quick but will truck you too. The QB also gets the ball out quick. I was lucky though since I had them at home.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah my defense is not exactly thrilling me so far