Week 2: 2 Minute Drill with Chris Berman

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by sawemoff, Apr 25, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Week 2's edition of the 2 Miunte Drill with your host me Chris Berman. After an exciting week the TMFL Season 2 kicked off and boy did it ever come with surprises. The biggest surprise was when the St. Louis Rams knocked off the would be presumed Superbowl contender New York Giants, 34-31 in OT. In a game where the GGGGGGGmen dominated the first quarter and looked like they would cruise to a 1-0 start, but they were stopped dead in their tracks by the St Louis Rams. The Rams would pick off Eli twice in the quarter which both lead to points. Stephen Jackson used his massive tree trunks to plow his way into the endzone. Who would have thought when the Giants were up 14-0, they would allow 24 straight unanswered points. You don't have to really go back too far to see the Giants blow any lead. Back in 2010 the Giants were up 31-10 in the 4th Quarter with less than 8 minutes on the clock. Philadelphia would then score 28 points to win it 38-31 in the Meadowlands. ​
    The Rams however know about attempting to comeback but have fallen short numerous times. Back in the playoffs in 2000 the Saints went up 31-7 but fell short despite scoring three touchdowns in a row. Last year when they played the 49ers down 34-13 with just under 5 minutes left in the game Bradford tried pulling it off, but fell short yet again 34-27. In all honesty it has been a rough few years for Rams fans and it was nice to see them pull one out against a very talented team. I'm sure Coach abolishthefed will do a great job turning the Rams around.​
    In other big news big time wideout Calvin Johnson went down with a season ending injury. Calvin Johnson had beat the double team by the Buccaneers but Matt Stafford was under heavy forcing him to throw a weak deep ball. Johnson did what he does best by coming back and jumping over two defenders but once coming down a third Buc hit him square in shoulder dislodging it from its socket. Reports are saying that he tore most of the ligaments holding the shoulder together and should be able to come back next year. ​
    Johnson has definitely lit up the scoreboard ever since being in the lead and as you see in the clip has been unstoppable. Last year he had 1,824 yards on 82 receptions and was able to get into the endzone 17 times. The Pro Bowler will definitely be missed but I am sure Coach HovaTheGodMC and staff will take a look at signing or trading to get another quality WR in Detroit. We at ESPN hope he makes a speedy recovery and wish him well.​
    Now lets see what the Swami can do with this weeks pick 'em!​
    [​IMG] 17
    [​IMG] 23 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 12
    [​IMG] 15[​IMG]

[​IMG] 28[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 26
    [​IMG] 19
    [​IMG] 23[​IMG]

[​IMG] 19[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 15
    [​IMG] 21[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 16
    This wraps up another edition the 2 Minute Drill! ​

• Like Like x 1
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Great work!

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are in cap hell, with 0 cap. We will be forced to use 3 WRs the rest of the season and have trouble resigning CJ next year.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Scuse me?:eek: I guess it is time to clear up $30 million in cap space

• Like Like x 1
  5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Gonna cost more than 30 million to sign Calvin, if Ngata got 94 million Johnson would go for more than 100 million.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I meant per year so that could mean $120 in total for over four years. Would only have to open up $30 million in cap per year...

The lions are in pretty bad cap situation, but i think it it can be fixed next year....i dont see CJ hitting the market...

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Hova would sell his mother before he let Calvo go

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ya, if i had CJ, i'd probably sell his mother before letting him go FA as well.

9. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I could see a trade of Calvin. Maybe to Miami for Baldwin and a 1st :) if take him even of he is out for the season

10. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Maybe it was a Sign that i didn't get Ngata. CJ is mine if Hova cannot resign him

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think CJ will ever leave Detroit

12. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

You never know
    Hova's Cap situation is horrible right now lol

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Naw, Hova has other guys he can cut. Fuzzy is the one in deep doo-doo.

14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

If he wanted to clear up cap room this season, he could..There are some guys with big salaries with no bonus so trading them for picks/release would result in no additional cap cost..

His cap room will also significantly increase next year as well, he should have close to $40 million before signing anybody. Cj not going no where..he will get a hometown discount since there wont be a bid for him..