Week 2 2010 Now Open - Deadline 8.7.10 7:00 A.M. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Aug 4, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 2 2010 Now Open - Deadline 8.7.10 7:00 A.M. EST

Week 2 Now Open.

Deadline August 7, 2010 7:00 A.M. EST

A never before seen video in the GBN:

[YOUTUBE]n94URvpQOAc[/YOUTUBE]​

Enjoy! (y)

FYI - I'm starting scheduling threads in the scheduling threads area above for the User v. User games.

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI - it looks like we only have 1 GBN matchup this week as BDawg takes his 1-0 CMU squad into Philadelphia to take on Radio's 1-0 Temple club.

I started a thread for you guys in the scheduling thread. Please use that to schedule your game.

Thanks!

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Kent State shocks the world with a 38-35 upset victory over BC. After building a 31-19 lead headed into the 4th quarter Coach CLW's squad nearly choked the damn thing away with 3 costly 4th quarter interceptions allowing BC to take the lead with just under 2 minutes remaining 31-35. However, Keith would manufacture "The Drive" going 80 yards in 8 plays capped off with a 3 yard Jarvis touchdown run with 16 seconds remaining to retake a 38-35 lead. BC got in position for one last hail marry but it was knocked down and Kent State held up to a 38-35 victory that will surely help Coach CLW on the recruiting trail.

4. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

Nice video.

Can we get some "Forgot About Dre" on this piece soon? (y)

5. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

Nice win.

Also worries me that some of our better players will almost never lose to the CPU.

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I had to absolutely play my best game to date in NCAA 11 (and possibly ever in the series) to pull of that W. I could not run the ball at all to save my life so it was spread em out and throw. Despite playing practically flawless for three quarters I only lead by 12 and it should have been by 10 (missed PAT and failed 1 Pt Conv by BC in 1st half) and I nearly choked the damn game away with 3 4th quarter picks.

I'd be shocked if I pull another non-conference win this year.

7. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

Sounds cool then.

Missed a PAT? That's encouraging. I know that mine kept sneaking inside the left upright. I started lowering the trajectory, figuring it would cause fewer "wide lefts."

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Toledo loses 36-22 my backup qb is horrible. This is going to be a very long 7 weeks without my qb. my qb threw 6 ints. 4 in the redzone since i wasnt able to run and was down so bad so early. was down 29-0

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Goold Lord Colts I just noticed you are in 4 ODs. Thats insane! Just sayin'

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol yeah I know I'm in 4 and getting ready to run one. I'm still bored sitting around waiting for advances lol

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Miami's Homecoming Game is ruined as they get blown out, by Eastern Michigan 44-26. There are serious skill issues to be discussed in Oxford as the Redhawks certainly expeccted this game to have a very different outcome.

The game started well for Dat U. After a 3 & out, the Redhawks went the length of the field and settled for a short FG to take quick lead. EMU then got hot for a drive, and cruised to a 7-3 lead. A confident U returned took the kickoff and got ready to regain the lead. Unfortunatley, there was an outbreak of fumblitis. A loose ball set up a short score and they had a 14-3 lead.

Miami settled down as Zac Dysert started to attack the weak secondary to return to the red zone. We had to settle for another 3 points as two consecutive passes were deflected by lineman. Miami forced another punt, and we thought we could make a game out of it. This time, a screen play was intercepted and returned over 50 yards to set up an easy score.

At the half EMU wass up 34-6. They missed an XP, too, second straight game where the CPU shanked one. Miami chucks and ducks like mad but can't overcome the huge deficit. We got a late scores, but the game was so out of reach at that time. EMU took full advantage of Miami's 5 unanswered turnovers to bury us. I think we're already mathematically eliminated from competition, and the schedule goes from bad to worse.

Next week Colorado State comes to town, and then we travel to Cincinnati, followed by our first USER game vs. the powerhouse of CLW. :(:(:( It will get ugly fast.

So the good news was the catch settings made a huge difference. Only 2 drop. The bad news is I can't get a ball to my receivers. I swear every other pass is batted down at the LOS. Oh well. It's what I expected when I took the 114th ranked team.

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Don't worry Roady. Once you get your Famous Rappers at Miami things will turn around quickly.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

We are moving along nicely fellas. Week hasn't even been open 24 hours and we just need 3 games to be played before moving on.

Rags v. CPU

Duggan v. CPU

BDawg v. Radio

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo got blown out of Waco by Baylor 69-35.

Buffalo outgains Baylor 571-337 but 5 giveaways and 2 returns for TDs killed the effort. One was an Int and the other was a kickoff. Buffalo had a 7-0 lead but ay half was down 21-7. Second half saw 76 total points scored. Baylor missed an XP near end of game. Buffalo did recover an onside kick during game as well.

Side note:

This is not a comment on sliders this is a comment on EA programming. I really wish EA would fix the CPU ball control logic. Final score should have been 56-21 or 28 but Baylor was in no huddle until last 2 min of game and they were still throwing until under 2 min of game. Score after 3 was 49-21.

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I did see that vs. the Gators last week. Even the back up was chucking like he was being scouted.

My big gripe is the tipped ball thing. The drops I think are controlable between personal settings and a decent CTH rating. But I'm getting every other throw swatted. Phew. It's like my QB is 5'6.

16. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Outkast-The Whole World

17. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I'm hoping I have that option again this year...(y)