Week 2 2011

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 2 2011

Good job of getting your games in last week guys. Still no user games so let's advance again in 24 hours. Dyl Steele coming soon...

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 24-12 against Purdue (1-0).
    This week, the Eagles will host Central Michigan (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Scott Hill has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 35-14 against Colorado (1-0).
    This week, the Vandals will host Washington State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Tim Graves has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 10-3 against Ohio State (1-0).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Akron (0-1).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 43-42 against Cincinnati (0-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Norman to face the #3 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG Mike Pittman has committed to Bowling Green

=============== UAB Blazers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 31-24 against Arizona (1-0).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (1-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 35-7 against Texas (1-0).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (0-0).

=============== #22 Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 38-37 against Wisconsin (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Brandon Powers has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) LE Ben McFarland has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) MLB Scott Hill has committed to Western Michigan
    - (****) LT Steve Miller has committed to Michigan
    - (****) HB Joe Tatum has committed to Michigan State

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 33-21 against Arkansas (1-0).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Bobby Ridgeway has committed to New Mexico
    - (**) C Daniel Wright has committed to Vanderbilt
    - (*) WR Jeff Jackson has committed to Arkansas State

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 38-26 against Fresno State (1-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Fort Worth to face the #11 TCU Horned Frogs (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Eric Lane has committed to Florida

=============== Army Black Knights (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 28-9 against Pittsburgh (1-0).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Gainesville to face the #12 Florida Gators (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Michael Stegall has committed to Temple

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 63-42 against LSU (1-0).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Louisiana Tech (0-1).

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arkansas State 30, Arizona State 26

Red Wolves hold off late Sun Devil rally for 1st win of season

[​IMG]

Tempe, AZ -- On a hot September night, Arkansas State came to play. Their defense was dominant in the first half, not allowing a score by the Sun Devils (who did score on an interception return for a TD), and intercepting Steven Threet on four separate ocassions. And the offense was explosive, led by the arm of Aplin. He went 12-24 for 140 yards and a TD with no turnovers. Lawson carried the ball 23 times for 108 yards with a TD, and had some key runs throughout the course of the night.

Down 27-13 heading into the fourth, ASU's offense started clicking. Threet, who had been unsuccessful all night, started making throws, and finished 21-37 for 268 yards, 2TDs, 4INTs. The rushing attack for the Sun Devils was absolutely shut down, with their leading rusher, Cameron Marshall, getting only 17 yards on 10 carries.

It was Arizona State's defense, however, that couldn't keep them in the game, allowing Arkansas State a late drive into the red zone to kick a field goal and seal the game. The Sun Devils scored in the closing moments, but it was too little too late as they had no time outs.

Other players of note were Greg McCall, DT for the Red Wolves. He had 4 tackles, 3 sacks, and a forced fumble for a beast of a game. LeAngelo Albright, OLB, had 6 tackles and an interception for a TD, which was the game's highlight.

Arkansas State looks to take another step forward after this huge win on the road against a Pac-10 school.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I missed the Dyl Steele....

Good win Ark State!

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2011 Week 2
    UAB – 27
    UCLA - 34​

Pasadena, CA – The Blazers West Coast Road Show continued this Saturday, taking on another Pac-10 team, the UCLA Bruins. The Bruins prevailed in another close loss for UAB, 34-27. For the third game in a row, the Blazer fell behind early, having to abandon their running game and play catch up through out. QB David Isabelle, who is getting accustomed to leading his team from behind, had another 300 yard passing day. However, the Bruins D-Line brought David to the turf 10 times, forcing a fumble as well that went for 6. Isabelle has been sacked 16 times in the first 2 games of the season. The Blazers had their usual chance to tie the game but couldn’t force the UCLA Bruin offense off the field in the final 2 minutes of the game. The rich get richer as the Blazers lick their wounds and at least get to play a game in their home state…to bad its against #2 ranked Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    UAB 7 3 3 14 27
    UCLA 13 14 0 7 34

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UAB UCLA
    First Downs 14 12
    Total Yards 382 410
    Rushes-Yards-TD 24-61-1 23-75-0
    Comp-Att-TD 19-29-2 16-23-4
    Passing Yards 321 335
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fum 1 0
    Int 0 0

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    David Isabelle, UAB 181.2 19 29 321 2 0
    Kevin Prince, UCLA 249.3 16 23 335 4 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Jae Fitzgerald, UAB 9 102 11.3 1
    Johnathan Franklin, UCLA 22 78 3.5 0

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Nick Adams, WR, UAB 4 78 19.5 1
    Nelson Rosario, UCLA 6 192 32.0 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Connor Boyette, RE, UAB 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Damien Holmes, DE, UCLA 5 3 3 0 0 0 0

5. nikpin

#22 Western Michigan 33
    Texas Tech 17

This one wasn't near as thrilling as week 1's game against #5 Wisconsin. Neither team was able to run the ball at all with WMU HB Aaron Winchester running 19 times for 25 yards and TTU HB Eric Stephens running 3 times for 14 yards along with a group of other WR's getting carries for tech.

The air was where both offenses excelled but it was a double edged sword as TTU threw 3 picks all to FS and Thorpe Runner Up Doug Wiggins, 1 of which was returned for a TD. Last weeks POTW came through huge again as Alex Carder went 20/30 for 352 yards but along with that came 2 picks. Robert Arnheim also continues to flourish catching 8 balls for 146 yards.

The Broncos look forward to traveling to Illinois to take on the Illini next week.

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

CMU 31- EMU 9

Really not a ton to say about this contest. The Eagles offense moved the ball decently throughout the contest and didn't know how to complete possessions. CMU's offense moved the ball pretty much at will through the air. It's hard to win contests when you're exchanging TD's for FG's. Still though, there are little things that I'm seeing that are decent signs but it's a lot of moral victories right now in Ypsilanti. This is especially true with looming trips to Happy Valley and Ann Arbor.

Must be nice having those flashy Running Backs and WR's. Perhaps next year I'll finally see how that is with that transfer from Ohio State.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You need to spice up your stories a bit...

8. nikpin

[​IMG]

Doug Wiggins says you need to go fuck yourself.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

OU recruited him...

10. nikpin

I know, he told me "yall weren't nothin but a bunch o bitch made niggas"

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I also believe I actually interviewed him back in the day...

12. DirtycashDylan

They are who we thought they were.

OU-40
    WKU-10

For the second straight week, Bobby Rainey was knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter (on the bright side, that meant OU couldn't knock him out for the season) and JQwon's arm didn't stand up to OU as well as it did to Cincinnati. He went 17 of 38 on the day for 250 yards, 1 TD and 4 pics. Most of the pics were caused by overfed linemen who couldn't keep up with the DEs and LBs of Oklahoma.

First Quarter
    06:18 TD Oklahoma Kenny Stills WR #4 15 yard pass from Landry Jones QB #12
    04:53 TD Oklahoma Jermie Calhoun HB #23 55 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    03:42 FG Western Kentucky Monte Merrick K #11 24 yard field goal
    01:19 TD Western Kentucky Jack Doyle TE #82 7 yard pass from Kawaun Jakes QB #6
    01:03 TD Oklahoma Brad Dean TE #83 54 yard pass from Landry Jones QB #12
    00:01 FG Oklahoma Patrick OHara K #43 40 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    02:57 FG Oklahoma Patrick OHara K #43 22 yard field goal
    02:09 TD Oklahoma Roy Finch HB #22 1 yard rush
    00:41 TD Oklahoma Brennan Clay HB #25 7 yard rush

13. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Just upset #11 TCU. I'll write up when I get home from work. Just waiting on 2 ppl now.

14. DirtycashDylan

Too bad no one cares about a 1 star team...;)

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Thats still BS lol, cant wait to "upset" 2 star powerhouse WKU

16. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Lmao. My team graduated everybody worth a damn. I'm terrible. I'll probably get raped against wazoo. I'll play it tonight about 1030 central.

17. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Missed the write-up last week so two for one here:

Texas two-fer

Week 1: Texas 35 - ULM 7

The season started off with a bang for ULM as the Warhawks actually took an early 7-0 lead against the #11 ranked Longhorns in this game. Unfortunately it went downhill from there as Texas rattled off 35 unanswered points to put the smackdown on the lowly Warhawks. The game was fairly close (by ULM standards) into the 4th quarter before UT put them away with 14 points in the last quarter. The Warhawks passing game looked better than last year as Wells has improved at QB as have the WR and TE. Wells completed 13 of 28 passes for 180 yards. New HB starter Newsome added 121 yards on 22 carries.

Week 2: Texas A&M 48 - ULM 13

This game was ugly from the start as the ULM defense couldn't do anything to stop the run-pass combination of A&M. In a classless move, the A&M offense ran the hurry-up for almost the entire game with their starters. On the last play of the game they slowed it down to tack on an extra TD with one minute remaining in the game. Warhawks QB Wells was consistant with last game, completing 13 of 30 passes for 184 yards, this time with 3 costly interceptions. HB Newsome had 82 yards on 21 carries along with a fumble lost.

Overall, unbelievably, ULM looks worse than the 3-9 team of last year. Shaping up to be another long season. I need to pray for some decent recruits to come my way. In a shocking turn of events though, two 4* recruits have "some" interest in joining the Warhawks next season.

18. Full Moon Fever

Good job I hate TCU. But a big middle finger to Nikpin for beating Tech. You're lucky you don't make the return trip to Moscow this season.

19. Full Moon Fever

-"Well, I figured if neither of those freshman were going to produce, I might as well go with the senior who's been here the longest. He was able to make some throws and do some things that probably locked up the starting spot. I was real happy with his play." said Coach CenTechsan in the postgame presser.

But perhaps the biggest impact on the game came from the Vandal defense, which produced 3 touchdowns of their own in addition to KTFO of several key Cougar players. On the Cougars' opening drive of the game, Jr QB Jeff Tuel went 6-6 for 5 first downs and a touchdown. He looked unstoppable until a hit he took on his touchdown strike left him hobbled with an ankle sprain. He will miss two weeks. Later in the first quarter, it got worse when star receiver and captain Jared Karstetter was injured. His torn vag will mean he's going to miss the next 11 weeks. Without the deadly QB/WR combo, the Vandals were able to shut down an impotent WSU attack for most of the game. WSU's next points came after the Vandals had pulled starters.

After the first quarter of play, the teams were tied at 14-14. Idaho's two scores came on a 21 yard out route, and a defensive score when a WSU option pitch was intercepted and run back for a Vandal touchdown.

[YOUTUBE]hSAbAGfLYJw[/YOUTUBE]

The game was broken open, however, when freshman strong safety Darryl Johnson set an NCAA record with a 105 yard INT return for a touchdown, though it looked like 107 to most.

[YOUTUBE]zKjNqfapiXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Later in the game, Vandal defensive tackle Brian Cosgrove added the defense's 3rd TD of the day when he scarfed up a Cougar fumble like a barbecued pork sandwich and rumbled into the endzone.

[YOUTUBE]9hV1OPhQx-I[/YOUTUBE]

Idaho's offensive touchdowns included two touchdown strikes to senior WR Armauni Johnson, who finished with 8 catches for 136 yards and 2 touchdowns.

[YOUTUBE]A_O7DSRV2zg[/YOUTUBE]

The offense's final touchdown of the game came in the 3rd quarter when backup RB Corey White found the endzone from 20 yards out to put the Vandals up 45-14.

After watching the much celebrated freshman quarterbacks play futily in Boulder last week, Reader was happy to get his chance to lead the offense.

"I'm just trying to come out here and do the best that I can do. I'm gonna give my heart and soul to Vandal football. If I'm the player that gives us the best chance to win, Coach is going to put me in the game. If not, he won't. It's as simple as that. I've got to continue to work hard and improve as the season progresses. And I've got to be a good leader. There are a lot of other players, like the thugs at Kent State and the JQwon kid in Kentucky, that give our conference a bad reputation. I think it's embarrassing some of the things that come out of their mouths. I'm glad that here at Idaho, we don't put up with that. We are strong men of character and dignity, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The Vandals (1-1) will travel to Boise next week for another rivalry game. Last season, the Vandals upset then #2 Boise State.

I'm going to post highlights on here in just a second, let me upload them to youtube first.

20. nikpin

BBQ Pork Sandwich....Yummmmm