Week 2 2012/playbooks

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 2 2012/playbooks

adv again Monday late night.

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles will host Northwestern (0-1).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Vandals were idle.
    This week, the Vandals will host Colorado (0-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Morgantown to face the West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Hilltoppers were idle.
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Pittsburgh to face the #9 Pittsburgh Panthers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Jay Hawk has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) RT Lee Walter has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blazers were idle.
    This week, the Blazers will host Southern Miss (0-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Warhawks were idle.
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (0-0).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Broncos were idle.
    This week, the Broncos travel to Columbus to face the #18 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Red Wolves were idle.
    This week, the Red Wolves will host North Texas (0-1).

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies will host BYU (1-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Columbia to face the #22 South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Ragin' Cajuns were idle.
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Baton Rouge to face the #8 LSU Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Chad Newton has committed to UL Lafayette

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

WMU 21
    #18 Ohio State 19

Western Michigan goes into the Horseshoe and holds on for a 21-19 win over the #18 Buckeyes.

Field Goal kicking plagued both teams as Ohio State missed an extra point and was later forced to go for 2 and failed which ended up being the difference in the game. Both teams were forced to go for it on 4th down 2 times a piece due to the shaky kicking game and Ohio State had good FG position as most kickoff returns were taken past the 35.

The player of the game was true freshman :3stars: athlete/FS Walter Battle who recorded 12 tackles and a momentum swinging 3rd quarter 29 yard pick six. FB James Brooks scored both of the Broncos offensive TD's on 1 yard run and a 11 yard pass.

The Buckeyes did score with 2:47 to go in the 4th quarter to narrow the gap to two points but freshmen RB Cameron King was able to ice the game picking up 3 first downs on the ground while filling in for the injured Tevin Drake.

3. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

ULL 38
    #8 LSU 35

UL-Lafayette goes into Death Valley and emerges as the best team in Louisiana.

It was a slow start for the Ragin' Cajuns who trailed 10-21 going into the first half. It was a messy half as ULL forced and gave up turnovers. With just 58 seconds left Senior Blaine Gautier, recording his first start for the Ragin' Cajuns, led an impressive drive to bring the Cajuns withink 11 of the vaunted LSU tigers.

Coach Snoopy made the half time adjustments necessary sending the offense back out purely focused on the passing game. Receivers then began to step it up. LSU secondary was ridiculous shutting down the top two WR for ULL for most of the game, I say most because when needed most ULL's #1 wideout Javone Lawson made the play of the game on a crucial play with 30 seconds left. Giving a giant middle finger to "SEC speed" he outran his cornerback bringing in a beautiful Gautier pass for a 63 yard TD to put the Cajun's two down. After Parham made the 2pt Conversion the Tigers had enough time to complete 3-4 plays. After a very long reception to put the Tigers just outside FG range the Cajuns D stepped up to close out regulation and force OT. The D stepped up once again following a clipping call and forced LSU to try a FG which they ultimately missed. All it took was a 42 yd FG by Baer which put ULL over the top for the victory

POTG: QB Blaine Gautier 30/48 483yds 2 TDs 3 INTs 62 comp%
    Honorable mention: WR Michael Jackson 9 rec 150 yds
    WR/RB Sean Parham 5 rec 91 yds 1 TD 1 2pt
    CB Melvin White 5 tak 3 defl

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I just got curb stomped by West Virginia...My running game couldn't get going without JacQuise Terry...

And my defense was pitiful. They couldn't make any tackles. Plus, playing my safeties at corner doesn't look so good now. My team is in trouble.

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eagles blow 17 point first quarter lead in 39-25 loss:

Ypsilanti, Michigan - The debut of James Jackson and the Eagles looked as if it was going to be a promising one as the Eagles came out on a mission in the first quarter scoring 17 points, thanks to Northwestern's four interceptions in the first half. Then the EMU defense showed up.

In a game of two huge runs, the Northwestern Wildcats defeated the EMU Eagles 39-25 at Rynearson Stadium. The first quarter was the best quarter in Crumb's career as the Eagles could do no wrong and Northwestern could do no right. The first possession of the contest for the Eagles was a good, solid drive that ended in a field goal to make it 3-0. After a Northwestern Interception, the Eagles offense scored on a 2 yard run to make it 10-0. After a second Northwestern Interception, this time returned for a TD, the score became 17-0 and the Eagles looked as if they were in good shape. Not so fast.

Northwestern then took control with their spread attack and picked apart the EMU defense. Northwestern would score twice in the second to make the game 17-14 at halftime.

The third quarter was all Northwestern as Northwestern pushed the score up to 33-17 in their favor with a series of touchdowns, including a critical interception for TD with the score at 20-17 Northwestern(Northwestern's kicker struggled with Extra Points). EMU was driving and Payne throws a critical INT which made the score 27-17. Northwestern would tack on an additional TD going into the fourth at 33-17.

EMU would not give up though and on the next possession responded with a nice touchdown drive of their own and with the successful two point conversion, EMU was back into the contest at 33-25. However, the Eagles were stifled on their next two tries to tie the game and Northwestern would add a garbage TD with 10 seconds left to conclude your score at 39-25.

Jackson in his debut at EMU caught 6 passes for 101 yards. Payne went 15/36 for 208 yards, 1 TD and 2 critical INT's. The Eagles running attack was inexistent, but the coaching staff is looking forward to at least having a diverse set of weapons, with two good WR's, and a solid TE.

EMU stays at home to take on Akron next week.

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army and new coach Hammerhead have some kinks to work out this season. First and foremost the coach will have to decide what type of offensive identity he wishes to pursue. They saw mild success in their first game with the option but without sufficient practice fumbles and bad reads were inevitable.

The offense has some promise with senior QB Trent Steelman at the helm. Steelman however can't do it all on his own this year and will have to have others around him step up.

The Black Knights go down 25-7 to Clemson in Wk 1 and look face fellow armed forces foe Air Force in Wk 2 and form their offensive identity a little more.

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State Smashes Rival BYU 45-16

Logan, UT. It was a freshman coming out party in week one for the Aggies as a new group of players filled in. True Freshman QB Dennis Brewster did not let Coach Steamer down in his choice of replacing the veteren Jeff Fischer this season. Brewster led the offense going 15/25 for 278 yards and 2 TDs, along with 6 carries for a net 51 yards and 1 TD. Brewster was not the only freshman to shine, as Freshman WR Joseph Jones caught 6 passes for 105 yards and a TD. And perhaps the most impressive play of the game occured when RS Freshman Kenneth Hancock intercepted a pass in the end zone and took it for a 105 yd TD return. Utah State Defeats YBU for the 2nd consecutive year. Next week, the Aggies travel to rival Utah and face Heisman Candidate leader Jordan Wynn.

First Quarter
    05:06 TD Utah State Keegan Andersen WR #18 8 yard pass from Jeff Fischer QB #7
    01:05 TD BYU Steve Williams WR #88 16 yard pass from Jake Heaps QB #9
    00:06 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 2 yard rush

Second Quarter
    04:09 FG Utah State Josh Thompson K #12 50 yard field goal
    01:21 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 29 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

Third Quarter
    06:29 TD Utah State Dennis Brewster QB #11 1 yard rush
    03:23 FG BYU Gary Riley K #7 22 yard field goal
    02:34 TD Utah State Keegan Andersen WR #18 57 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11
    00:38 TD Utah State Kenneth Hancock ROLB #58 105 yard interception

Forth Quarter
    05:20 TD BYU Ross Apo WR #11 8 yard pass from Jake Heaps QB #9

8. DirtycashDylan

Everyone make sure your playbook info is still accurate.

Team User Gamertag Offense Defense Prestige Ratings H4Y Fantasy Football
    Eastern Division:
    Western Kentucky DirtycashDylan DirtycashDylan Multiple 4-3 :3stars: D,C-,D Sleep Creepers
    Western Michigan Nikpin Nikpin Syracuse 4-3 :3stars: C,C+,C- Dez's Whore House
    Kent State JQwon13 JQwon13 Kent State 4-3 :2stars: D,D+,D+ Slim Roethlisberger
    Eastern Michigan TheCrumbIsHere TheCrumbIsHere Eastern Michigan 4-3 :1stars: D-,D,D- The Crumb's Kings
    Army Hammerhead1010 Hammerhead1010 :2stars: D,C-,D
    Middle Tennessee timroy85 timroy85 :1stars: D,D,D+
    Western Division:
    UL Lafayette Xtreme Snoopy Xtreme Snoopy Oklahoma State 3-4 :2stars: D+,C-,D+ Ragin' Cajuns
    Arkansas State thedeafpoliceman bl0ndeRedhead Arkansas State 4-3 :2stars: D,C,D TheDeafPolicemen
    UAB recchem2000 recchem2000 UCLA 3-4 :3stars: D+,C,C-
    Utah State Steamer43 Steamer43 Syracuse 4-3 :2stars: D,D+,D Steamers
    Idaho CenTechsan Full Moon Fever Penn State Multiple :3stars: D,D,D+
    UL Monroe ajspeck AJ54411 :1stars: D,C-,D

9. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

So that's what it feels like to be raped by a Buffalo.

Moscow- Aww hell. I couldn't stop them. Nobody was open. Ever. They played with like 14 people on defense. I got beat 63-14, and it was that bad in the 3rd quarter before they had mercy. I couldn't do a damn thing and I never want to play them again.

10. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I am gonna go with Dukes play book and the 4-3 Defense.

11. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'm going with Florida State's playbook this year. and 4-3 still

12. Full Moon Fever

playbooks are good for me

13. DirtycashDylan

+1

I was totally dominated in every way. 45-7 at halftime. 62-23 final.

10 total turnovers-5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles. None of the fumbles were by a RB.

I'll be getting a return trip from Pitt in a few years and then we'll see what's what.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Fuck me...my xbox just froze during my game against North Texas. What's the procedure here? I was up 35-14 at the end of the 3rd, this wasn't a purposeful quit or anything I was kicking their ass and want this win...what do I do, other than restart the game?

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Fuck this, happened again with me up 14-0 in the first. it's 2am, I'm tired and going to bed. Go ahead and advance without me if need be

When I wake up tomorrow I'll hop on and try and play again tomorrow if we haven't advanced

16. DirtycashDylan

I can probably give you another 10 hours this once.

Now I don't usually do this, new guys, so don't get the wrong idea.

Tech, your game results didn't save or something. It still shows that you haven't played.

17. Full Moon Fever

Seriously? Weird. I waited until it said the upload was complete. If it doesn't show up, I'm sure I will get raped again in a sim. Don't really know why that would've happened.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Southern Miss - 21
    UAB - 37

Full write up later as I forgot to bring my stats to work with me.

As far as playbooks go, UAB is going to the singleback playbook as my FB suck and my best runner is my QB so UAB is going with a different offensive look this season and changing to the 4-3 defense.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

This has seriously crapped on my entertainment for work this morning...Because of you, I'm bored...Dick

20. xtreme snoopy

+1

21. xtreme snoopy

Also I'm going with the generic air raid playbook this season

22. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I concur.

23. xtreme snoopy

you could pass the time by posting your RB rankings (y)

24. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Hey guys, I got back home from my Grandfathers funeral in Maine last night and played my game. Lost big to South Carolina 33-10. As if recruiting isnt hard enough with Middle Tennessee State, I missed week one.

Oh well, I'm digging the challenge already. I'm catching up on work right now so I don't have time for a write up. I will start doing them week 3 and will start on the recruiting rankings soon. It's been a crazy up and down week.

Also, I will be using NC State's playbook and using a 4-3 defense.

25. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I switched to the standard Pro Style Offense playbook.