Week 2 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Week 2 2012

We are now advanced to Week 2. The first week of conference challenge is upon us. We have 4 big user matchups this week so let's get them scheduled and in. Report all signings and games to the boards. Next advance will be no later than monday night at 9 PM EST.

Games of the Week:

#1 Texas (cnic75) @ #2 Penn St (hokie effect)
    #5 USC (hovathegodmc) vs #8 Florida St (the vredesbyrd)
    #16 Virginia Tech @ UCLA (recchem200)

Red = Conference Challenge

Good luck everyone

One more note for the league:
    - With all the things I have implemented (awards, hof, hiesman) i do not want to see any Stat Whoring of players to win these awards. If i see insane stats you will be forced to sit that player out for a game or 2 depending on how bad it was. You guys know what is sim so I don't think it will be a problem, but just a reminder to all.

2. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

If my QB throws 30 pics this year, would that be Stat Whoring? I couldn't help myself, i had to ask.

3. Hova

Haha nope

4. Hova

USC 28
    FSU 44

The ACC takes a commanding lead in the conference challenge after FSU runs all over the USC defense going 249 yards on the ground, very reminiscent of last years national champ game. However that was not the only factor in this loss, within the first half Hova lost his Star HB McNeal for the entire season due to injury. Maybe three plays later he loses his starting QB Barkely for the entire game. On the next series Coach Hova loses his Star 99 OVR Wr Butler for 4 weeks with an injury, so by the second half the USC offense was basically the 2nd team. USC had success through the air but could not find their run game at all with the absence of Mcneal. FSU shredded my D on the ground and gets the big W. GG Joe

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State - 44
    USC - 28

All the hype leading up to the game was about how first year starting QB Wil Secord couldn't handle the pressure of going into the Colliseum and how he would crumble under the pressure.

Turns out that that wasn't even an issue as the Florida State ground game dominated with 43 rushes for 249 yards and three touchdowns. Lonnie Pryor again had a field day with 192 of those yards on 29 carries and two touchdowns. The coaching game plan worked to perfection as Wil Secord was only there to manage the game. Secord finished 10-14 for 168 yards and a touchdown with no picks.

The story of the game however was the Seminole defense. The vaunted USC running game was met with an impenetrable wall up front as DT Everette Dawkins controlled the USC Oline by himself limiting the Trojans to 9 yards on 13 carries. In the first quarter Senior Curtis McNeal was hurt and will possibly miss the entire season. Later in the half, Star QB Matt barkley was hit hard and was knocked out of the game.

The passing defense definetly has some issues, but as long as the run defense can hold up and the running game and special teams come through, this Seminole team may just make some noise come November.

Great game, Hova!

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Virginia Tech - 41
    UCLA - 17

Pretty much got thrashed by the Hokies. I couldnt get their offense off the field and their d pretty much shut me down. Good game DJ. Good luck in the ACC this season!

7. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

The USC injuries brings two things to mind. Every game I have played, either my HB or my QB has been knock out. Sometimes two or three times, and sometimes even my backup has been knocked out as well. Is that from the "Hit Stick"? And how the hell do you use that thing? I have never been able to get it to work. My guy usually misses the tackle and kinda stumbles around. Any advice?

I don't know if any of you guys ever played Football Pro on the computer back in the 90's, but I played in an awesome online league back then. It was a pretty realistic game, except for one flaw; it allowed you to play guys with horrific injuries. The players ratings however reflected the injury, so a guy with a minor injury might be at 80% effectiveness. After playing a guy one day and holding his running back to something like -30 yards rushing, I looked at his injury report, and the dude was playing with a broken leg! Just had to share that.

8. Hova

Haha that's crazy, but no, injuries are basically completely random. I didn't even notice my guys were injured until the injury banner popped up saying so. It's all luck and sucks bad

9. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

The Tech run D was up to the challenge, but the Red Raiders could not overcome the pass rush of the Ducks. The Oregon front seven was the difference in the game, sacking Seth Doege four times, hitting him more times then can be counted, and forcing four picks, one of which was returned for a TD. The Red Raiders only managed 174 yards, and nine minutes of possession time in a game they needed to win badly. The next few weeks could be rough, with road games at Ohio State, Kansas, and Oklahoma, before hosting Nebraska and Texas.

Good sim game from my opponent, who sat down on a sure TD after a questionable pitch. Here is my scouting report on the Ducks: WATCH THE PASS RUSH, IT'S BRUTAL!

10. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Yeah good game Harris. My run game was nonexsistent (James 19-68 I think). Really I think my offense may have had one nice drive all game, but the four picks were life savers.

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, gets me every game. There is something there I haven't figured out. Three of those picks, I was sure I had completions. It may be the directional throwing stick that I'm screwing up.

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

#1 Texas- 36
    #2 Penn State- 21

The Texas ground game and turnovers proved too much for the Nittany Lions as they lose a heartbreaker at home. The Nittany Lions outgained the Longhorns 349-222, but early turnovers and a early lead left Penn State 1 demensional in teh second half and the QB play of teh Nittany Lions was very inconsistent.

Turning point of the game: Down 10-0 in the second quarter Devon Smith scores on a 78yd rec. to cut the lead to 10-7 with a slight momentum swing.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16688286

On the ensuing kickoff the Longhorns run it back for the score to go up 17-7. On Penn State's next drive they throw a careless INT that is returned for a TD. Penn State now goes into half down 24-7 and never had a chance in the second half. The Longhorns grind out the second half on there way to victory.