Week 2 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

I am available tomorrow after 9pm est to play my game.

3. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Just a reminder I will not be able to play my game this week and probably not the next either depending on when we advance. I apologize.

4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Ok, sounds good. I'll be on.

5. Wick36

Make a thread in the scheduling subforum to schedule user games. (y)

> I see that you did. Ah well, this thread is not meant for scheduling regardless.

6. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

Ok sorry wasn't really sure how to tag someone was just trying to schedule. Thanks for the heads up.

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

In order to tag somebody, just put an @ symbol in front of their user name, no space and make sure you spell & capitalize it correctly.

8. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

Thanks for the info!

9. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

The Governors Cup stays in Louisville-

Louisville came to play tonight as they played in state rival Kentucky. From the opening whistle the Cards were playing with reckless abandon racking up over 300 yards rushing. Teddy "Heisman" Bridgewater was able to break two huge runs on separate run option plays to end the game with 113 yards on the ground added to a stellar throwing display going 9 for 10 118 yards and 2 tds. the defense played lights out. the only td the Wildcats could muster was late when the second string was in.

player of the game-
    The workhorse Dominique Brown. 21 carries 156 yards 1 td and 4 rec 32 yards and a td

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan goes down 27-0 to Auburn then fights back to 27-14 at halftime. In the end, Michigan just couldn't overcome the dropped passes(8) and dropped interceptions(7) and lost to Auburn 45-21. Denard Robinson had a lackluster game, throwing for 300 yards and 2 TDs, but also 3 INTs. Wide receiver Roy Roundtree had the game of his career, catching 11 balls for 203 yards and 2 TDs.

11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Aww man, you gotta represent the B1G better than that ;). Those dang SEC guys aren't going to let us live this down, and think of the hit on our conference prestige :(.

In all seriousness though, you did a heckuva job just to come back and make it close, being down 27 and getting within 6 is pretty awesome, sounds like you got screwed by your receivers getting rattled in a home game.

12. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Well I pretty much had the worst first quarter ever hah. Fumbled it on a bad pitch at my own 20, then threw a pick, then another fumble, then another pick. I'll make up for that loss next week vs Stanford :)

13. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

You can try to Rep the Big, but everyone knows the big dogs play in the SEC!

14. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

15. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

woah woah woah. we have a personal foul on Notre dame, giving him the business, 15 yard penalty automatic first down. we will see which big is least when its all said and done

16. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Ha ha ha, we are going to have some good conference pride in here yet. Even if a strict Independent like myself has to tick everybody off to make it happen :)

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

independent lol. Notre dame is pretty much in the big east lol.

18. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

Cardiac Cardinal
    Stanford Escapes San Jose State's Upset Bid, 24-21

The game started off right where the nightmare of a season opener left off. On the second play from scrimmage, San Jose State's QB Stewart found wideout Grigsby on a broken coverage for a 52 yard bomb to put his Spartans up 7-0 very early. Stanford's initial drive would sputter out early for the second straight outing, and the Cardinal would settle for an opening field goal. The Cardinal defense would end up settling down, putting together some nice defensive stops in the 2nd quarter to keep the game at 7-3. Eventually, Stanford's offense would breakthrough and score the first touchdown of the season. Cardinal HB Stepfan Taylor capped off a 10 play, 74 yard drive with a 1 yard blast up the middle. San Jose State, refusing to go away, responded on the very next drive with a 20 yard strike from Stewart to Otten in the back corner of the endzone. In the third quarter, Stanford came out strong, putting together a nice drive finished off by a Nottingham's first passing touchdown of the season to TE Toilolo.

San Jose State would not wait long to respond. In the opening seconds of the 4th quarter, Stewart notched his third touchdown pass of the game, this one a 16 yard fade route to WR Jones. With 6:51 to play in the 4th quarter, the Spartans would go on top 21-17. Nottingham, the subject of much derision all week after his terrible outing against Utah last week, would be put to the test in order to help Stanford avoid an embarrassing upset at home. Nottingham stepped up masterfully and made several heroic throws to WR J.R. Patterson. With 2:31 to play, Nottingham connected with Patterson on a 12 yard slant route, which was left open due to a desperate double LB blitz engineered by San Jose State. The Spartans would have one last chance, however. Down 24-21, SJSU started marching down the field. With a minute to play, Stewart completed a seemingly impossible 34 yard out route to WR Grigsby. The play was ultimately reviewed and it was determined that he was not able to keep his feet inbounds. The Spartans hope would come down to a 4th and 15 desperation heave which was intercepted by CB Browning at the 10 yard line.

After the game, Nottingham was asked about the game winning drive. “Oh man. It feels good to get my first touchdown out of the way. Last week was so painful. We really worked hard this week, and even though it might not show, we're definitely making strides. It's just good to the first win of the season out of the way. We'll work on the rest.”

[​IMG]

It was over when... Browning picked off Stewart with less than a minute to play.

Gameball goes to... Nottingham. Coming off an atrocious outing last week against Utah, Nottingham put together an admirable performance, which included a very clutch 4th quarter drive that turned out to be the game winner.

Stat of the game... Two. Two Stanford touchdowns were negated by holding penalties. Both would ultimately end up in stalled drives and no points for the Cardinal.

19. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Week 2 Recap:
    [​IMG]
    @
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Cowboys traveled to one of the most hostile road environments in all of college football and walk away victors. The Pokes wasted no time in the game by taking the opening kickoff down the field for a touchdown. First year starter Clint Chelf found Isiah Anderson wide open over the middle on a post route to give the Cowboys a 7-0 lead. After a 3 and out by Virginia Tech, it appeared as though the Cowboys were about to extend their lead to 14-0 when the Hokies' Kyle Fuller stepped in front of Chelf's pass in the endzone to halt the scoring threat.
    The Hokies took advantage of the turnover and marched 94 yards down the field on their way to a score (Thomas to Dunn). Despite the swing in momentum, everything from second quarter on could not go the Hokies way. The Oklahoma State found its stride and immediately responded with a 75 yard drive, capped off by an 11 yard pass from Chelf to Moore. Following the score, the teams traded punts until the two minute mark in the second quarter. The brilliance of the Mike Gundy system was on full display in both the two minute and one minute offense for the Cowboys. A busted coverage on a Virginia Tech Blitz allowed Isiah Anderson to find the endzone for the second time in the game. Anderson caught a slant pass, hit the seam, and outraced the defenders to the endzone. The Cowboys were also able to convert a 48 yard drive resulting in a 23 yard field goal just before the half.
    The second half of the game was completely controlled by Oklahoma State. Credit the defense by capitalizing on an offense in an uncomfortable situation. The Virginia Tech offense was forced into throwing the ball more than they would have preferred to in the second half, and the Cowboy defense took advantage of some errant throws.
    The 44-7 game may appear to be a one sided affair, but the game was very close throughout the first half. The back and forth pace of the first quarter may have continued on throughout the game had the Virginia Tech defense capitalized on its opportunities. The Hokies were able to get to Chelf early and often throughout the first half, but were never able to bring him down. Hokie defenders missed four sack opportunities, each allowing for a big play by the Cowboy offense. "Once we got our offense rolling, the Virginia Tech offense was forced to play keep up, and that's not something any offense enjoys doing, " said Mike Gundy. "Virginia Tech is great team, that just didn't see things go their way today, but that club is going to win a bunch of game this year."
    Oklahoma State has the next two weeks off before traveling to Stanford to play the Cardinal.

• Like Like x 2
  20. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

Good write up.

21. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Thanks, it really had the makings to be a great game. I thought I was in trouble after that interception. You just shredded my defense play after play that drive. Had you taken my quarterback down twice out of the four opportunities, I would have scored two less touchdowns.

22. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Notre Dame beats down rival Purdue in front of a host of visiting recruits. This week it was all about the passing game, as Golson tore up the young PU d-backs for 300 yards and 4 tds. Two of those went to the amazing Tyler Eifert in the redzone, as he showed how hard the Irish will be to defend in short yardage situations. The D also came to play and held PU to field goals on their 2 red zone possessions. Final score was 38-6. Hoping to see a few visitors commit after this game.

23. Wick36

Damn. You got those guys in quick.

24. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

So we're waiting on two people with byes?

25. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Yeah, I was amazed how many were ready to visit so early. Think it's because of the new system where several recruits start with only a few teams in their top 10, figure I better try to lock them in before someone else tries to get in the mix. Recruits are also afraid they'll lose their seat if they don't join up fast, we're an exclusive club with only 11 seniors leaving.