Week 2, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Great job in week 1, let's keep up this pace. Remember, no one saves the dynasty file except the commish. Good luck!

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 59-7 against Buffalo (0-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host San Diego State (1-0).

=============== #10 Georgia Bulldogs (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 34-29 against Clemson (1-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #16 South Carolina (0-1).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 30-17 against UL Lafayette (0-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host UTEP (0-0).

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 24-10 against San Jose State (0-1).
    This week, the Cardinal are idle.

=============== USC Trojans (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 35-3 against Hawai'i (0-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Washington State (0-1).

=============== #4 Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 38-3 against Rice (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host UNLV (0-1).

=============== #18 LSU Tigers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 32-31 against TCU (1-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host UAB (1-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 27-20 against UMass (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host Miami University (1-0).

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 63-17 against UTSA (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (0-1).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 19-17 against Syracuse (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Eastern Michigan (1-0).

=============== #21 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 27-0 against Wyoming (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Southern Miss (1-0).

=============== #19 UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 37-34 against Nevada (0-1).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

2. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like there are 2 byes this week, so only 10 games to be played! It's just you and me, TheMNorthFace, representing the PAC 12. Let's do it well

• Like Like x 4
  3. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

I will have recruited by 11:59pm on Wednesday, July 17th. Going to search for a player that I can rename Donnie.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Tigers back in the groove of things in 1st win of the season. Visitors UAB comes into SEC country after LSU upset lost to TCU last weekend. First quarter ended with a tie 7-7 with the tigers Hill running it in, and blazers Brown on a 27 yd pass to Vinso for the score. Second quarter things start to get better for the Tigers as Sr Qb Zach Mettenberger scored twice on a qb sneak and thrown a 27 yd strike to Sr WR Boone to end the first half 24-10 LSU. Third quarter So RB Hill started to heat up rushing for his 2nd touchdown of the game, but shortly after that once again UAB Brown 10 yd pass to Vinson for also his 2nd touchdown of the day. That will be the last Blazers score as Mettenberger thows a bomb 37 yds to Stokes ending the 3rd score 38-17. 4th quarter not much happened Rb Hill scored on a 5 yd run to wrap the game up for the 2nd string 45-17.

Player of the Game

J. Hill 24 car 125 yds 3 TD

Stats

Sr Qb Z. Mettenberger 19/29 319 yds 2 TD

Sr Wr K. Boone 6 rec 103 yds 1 TD

Fr De F. Herron 8 tack 3 tfl 1 sack

next Kent St @ LSU for a noon kick-off.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

You need a second coming of Lonnie Thomas too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jandy

jandy Walk On

Donnie Thomas lmao

• Like Like x 2
  7. jandy

jandy Walk On

THE DUCKS VISIT CHARLOTTESVILLE, WIN 31-6​
    [​IMG] 31-6 [​IMG]

The final score is not indicative of how well Virginia played in this one; the offense was stopped on a fourth and goal from the 3, and on another drive QB Watford coughed up the ball on the 2 yard line. This one could have easily come down to the wire. However, this showed the will of the Oregon defense, which really preached the bend don't break philosophy.

The Ducks jumped out to a 17-0 lead despite the erratic throws of QB Marcus Mariota, which included overthrowing 3 receivers by almost 10 yards, one resulting in an interception. Because of the lack of consistency in the passing game, first year head coach John Anderson went to his star, De'Anthony Thomas. And for the second time in as many weeks, the Black Mamba put the team on his back a la Greg Jennings

Right after a Cavalier field goal with :03 remaining in the half, Virginia decided to kick to the speedster, Thomas. This proved to be a huge mistake as he took his 3rd kickoff back for a touchdown. Later in the game following the aforementioned Virginia fumble on the 2 yard line, Thomas took the handoff from Mariota, scampered left around the offensive line, and outran everyone for a 98 yard touchdown run. He was able to get a consistent 8-9 yards on most of his carries, and showed why he is one of the best players in the country.

"The offense didn't play as well as I would have hoped, but a win's a win. Mariota will have to step up his play next week against Tennessee if we want to come away with the victory. Once again, however, DAT killed it. Not much more to say about that," said coach Anderson after the win.

Notable Oregon Stats:

QB Marcus Mariota - 13-21, 147 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

HB De'Anthony Thomas - 13 carries, 212 yards, TD; 1 catch, 20 yards; 181 return yards, TD

TE Colt Lyerla - 5 catches, 68 yards, TD
    WR Keanon Lowe - 4 catches, 40 yards, TD

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  8. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

FYI, I had to restart my game in the first quarter upon realizing none of my late formation subs carried over in the advance. Playing as I type this, so expect a recap soon.

9. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Well, I lost. Those Cougs played me like an NFL team and I implore you all to take the CPU seriously because this game is dangerous and nobody is safe...

... especially when it glitches like a mofo. If you observe my below image, Washington State matched me in OT with a score, scored first in 2 OT, and then was kindly given the ball back to throw an incompletion and secure the victory. Not sure what country football is played that way. If you guys don't mind, the commish is gonna throw it out so I can try to beat them, or once again lose, in a fair fight.

Anyone not okay with that?

Attached Files:

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I've heard about the game doing stupid crap in OT. I personally have no problem with a do-over there, especially with the evidence provided.

I blame it all on The Pirate. He probably threatened to throw the refs kid in a shed.

11. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

In week 1 Huskers had little trouble dealing with the Wyoming Cowboys. I'll give them credit because this game would have been 41-0 if not for 2 turnovers in the red zone that will certainly cost us in BIG play. I don't believe in looking at individual stats and all that stuff. We're an old school football team without names on our jerseys and all that jazz. We play for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back. I'm a results driven bottom line guy. We won the game but clearly must improve on both sides of the football with Southern Miss coming to town.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I'd also like to give a shout out to the commish for giving us 8 home games...

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Real life schedules in season one, except for games against generic FCS teams which were swapped for games against real pushovers

14. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Oh ok. I'll take it. Just wanna see the Huskers win every game and improve every week. Forgive me for all this coach-speak but really I say this stuff so much it flows naturally lol....

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

FRESHMAN WILSON IGNITES OFFENSE AS OSU PULLS AWAY, 45-27​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    45 - 27
    A week after getting their way in every facet of the game against Buffalo, the No. 2 ranked Buckeyes entered their contest swaggering with confidence. Unfortunately for Ohio State they were treading into the territory of overconfidence, and it showed in the first half against San Diego State on Saturday.​
    After moving the ball methodically on its first drive for a touchdown, Ohio State allowed the Aztecs to do the same and knot the game at 7. This pattern played out for much of the first half as both teams moved the ball against little resistance. After SDSU scored on a 73-yard touchdown run, quarterback Braxton Miller made his first critical mistake of the season, forcing a pass into coverage for an interception giving the Aztecs the ball in the redzone.​
    With the endzone in sight and a lead on the horizon, SDSU faced a fourth and goal form the Ohio State 1-yard line. Instead of kicking the field goal coach Rocky Long elected to roll the dice and try for a touchdown. For an instant it looked to be the right call, as half back Craig Chandler bounced a run outside toward what appeared to be an undefended endzone. But just as Buckeye Nation was about to lose hope, MLB Curtis Grant disengaged from a block, tracked down Chandler and brought the ball carrier down short of the endzone.​
    Whatever positive momentum Ohio State had going into halftime, it seemed to quickly disappear when starting running back Carlos Hyde left the game with an injury. With Hyde in the medical room, the coach Speyer turned to freshman Dontre Wilson to turn the tide. The rookie athlete didn't disappoint. On his second touch of the game Wilson took a jet sweep while running to the right side, cut and bounced back to the left side, and then turned on the burners on his way to the endzone. The touchdown was the first of Wilson's career and gave OSU a lead it wouldn't relinquish.​
    The Buckeyes scored two more touchdowns in the fourth quarter, including a six yard touchdown reception by Wilson. Though they won by three scored, the final tally didn't reflect how much Ohio State struggled with SDSU, and the Buckeyes will need a better effort defensively next week against California if they are to remain undefeated.​
    [​IMG]
    Game Notes
    -- Braxton Miller completed 11-of-16 passes but threw his second interception of the season​
    -- Dontre Wilson carried the ball eight times for 90 yards and a score. He also had one six yard reception for a touchdown​
    -- Ryan Shazier recorded a season-high nine tackles​
    -- Despite leaving the game in the second half due to injury, Carlos Hyde tallied 48 rushing yards on 11 carries and scored a touchdown​
    -- Philly Brown caught a team-high 4 passes for 65 yards and a score​
    -- Noah Spence recorded two sacks, he already has five on the season​
    [​IMG]
    Grant tracks down ball carrier and knocks him down short of the endzone on fourth down

• Like Like x 1
  16. jandy

jandy Walk On

17. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

TROJANS SHOCKED BY FIERY COUGS IN HOME OPENER

WSU 7 3 0 7 20 37
    USC 0 14 0 3 14 31

The Washington State Cougars embraced the underdog role with a fiery and fervent passion, forcing the USC Trojans into several costly mistakes in a 37-31 3OT shocker in So. Cal.

The Cougars forced 6 turnovers, including a fumble recovery for a TD and an interception in triple overtime to seal the deal for Wazzu. QB Max Browne flashed brilliance with 308 yards and 3 TDs, but the young quarterback struggled to read an underrated Cougars defense and threw away four interceptions, three of which ended up in the hands of linebackers.

The USC defense held its own in the affair with three takeaways and just 265 yards of total offense to the Trojans' 405.

Senior RB Silas Redd picked up 126 yards on 33 carries on the ground, but he is still looking for his first rushing touch down of the season. Freshman speedster Ty Isaac housed an 86 yard punt return for a score, and All-American WR Marqise Lee was the star for USC with 8 catches for 112 yards and 2 TDs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

DON'T PISS HIM OFF!
    [​IMG]
    Aggies take a few blows from UNLV but punch back
    As anyone who's been in a bar fight will tell you, it's a bad idea to fuck with the alpha male of a group. After an almost effortless win over former SWC foe Rice last week, UNLV decided to throw a few punches. The Rebels were not intimidated by The 12th Man and half back Tim Cornett, UNLV's best player, reeled off a 59 yard run on their opening drive. He was caught just short of the 5 by the Aggie defense. The Aggies were on their heels and it looked like the Rebels would just pound it home. Unfortunately for them QB Nick Sherry got cute and tried to throw for a quick TD pass. He underestimated the closing speed of Aggie safety Toney Hurd.​
    [​IMG]
    Aggie fans could took a deep breath but the relief didn't last long. Johnny Manziel threw his first pick of the season on the ensuing possession. UNLV was forced to settle for a field goal taking the early 3-0 lead. Well, needless to say, this pissed off Johnny Heisman. He proceeded to take the ball down the field and throw his first TD pass of the season to top wide receiver Mike Evans from 7 yards out.​
    [​IMG]
    The first quarter ended with a 7-3 score. The second quarter was not a very good one for UNLV. Manziel threw a second TD to Evans, this time from 21 yards out, scored 2 short running TDs, and threw a third TD to Evans on a 48 yard bomb just before halftime. The score at the break: 35-3 Aggies!​
    A&M received the second half kickoff and picked up where they left off, scoring on a 7 yard TD pass to Malcome Kennedy. UNLV apparently wasn't ready to lay down however. QB Nick Sherry was apparently invigorated after the halftime break and started passing left and right all over the Aggie D. The Rebels scored 10 straight points to close out the third with the Aggies still leading 42-13. The starters finished off their last drive of the game with a 9 yard Ben Malena TD run and tood a seat. The Aggies only threw one pass in the 4th quarter, a quick pass to TE Nehemiah Hicks which he ended up breaking for 46 yards. The rest of the game was running game practice for the backups. UNLV had one more bullet left in their guns, a short TD pass, and backup QB Matt Davis sauntered into the end zone with just over 3 minutes left. ​
    UNLV ended up with 390 yards of total offense but they did not score enough points to keep up with aTm, racked up 644 yards total; 381 through the air and 263 on the ground. Final score: 56-20 AGGIES!​
    STATS
    Johnny Manziel: 23/31 for 335 yards, 4 TDs, and 2 INTs. 11 rushes for 88 yards and 2 TDs
    Ben Malena: 13 carries for 98 and 1 TD
    Mike Evans: 7 receptions for 125 yards and 3 big TDs
    Next up for the Aggies, the Alabama Crimson Tide come to town looking for revenge after last years loss at home to aTm! Coach Hopp has stated that his team will need a near perfect effort to slow down Bama and earn their first SEC win of the season.

19. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Just wow. Almost got beat by Southern Miss. Gotta say i love these sliders, seems like you really have to fight for every yard. I must say though, we had 4 turnovers and 2 of them were just BS. There was even one animation where I threw the damn ball and my wr dropped it, and the ball was on the ground, and the Lb picked it off. I challenged it to no avail. That game was crazy. What sucks even more is I lost RB Akeem Abdullah for the year. I have to now burn a redshirt on a RB, and I need to make that a priority for us next season.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Make no mistake about it though. If we play like that vs. UCLA next week, we're gonna get beat down. I expect nothing less. Seriously.

21. jandy

jandy Walk On

Great job on the win, but that really sucks about Abdullah. Talk about terrible timing with the big showdown with UCLA next week.

22. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Yea for sure. But honestly I can see he's not all that much better than the other guys on the roster. I really like the Imani Cross kid he's a big physical guy. But I had originally planned to redshirt this freshman rb that I had, but there's no chance I do that now. I've only got 2 rb on the roster once Abdullah went down.

23. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

While I got you on the line Jandy, you think you can lay off that QB from California that I like so much? You're stacked at QB. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  24. jandy

jandy Walk On

Haha I'm actually going really hard after him :D While I have a couple solid freshmen, neither of them fit the up-tempo, option-spread attack I like to run. Mr. Slaughter will fit right in in Eugene :p

25. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

We'll see about that. I got a trick up my sleeve as well for him. Looks like it's a 2 man race though. May the best man win. :happy: