Week 2 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 30, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Let's get back to work. This week due in 24 hours-Sunday morning at 5 am.

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles will host New Mexico State (0-1).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Vandals were idle.
    This week, the Vandals will host Colorado (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jeff Johnson has committed to Syracuse

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Akron (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Curtis Griffin has committed to Ball State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Hilltoppers were idle.
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Louisville (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) P Mark Lester has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) LT Ray Gross has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) WR Larry Green has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) HB Evan Fenner has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blazers were idle.
    This week, the Blazers travel to Orlando to face the UCF Knights (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Jason Witherspoon has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) HB Ed Easley has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Army Black Knights (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Black Knights were idle.
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Chestnut Hill to face the #11 Boston College Eagles (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Justin Sullivan has committed to Army

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 44-6 against Central Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos will host #19 USF (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE John Henry has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) ROLB Andrew Garrett has committed to Western Michigan
    - (****) LE Tom Robinson has committed to Penn State
    - (****) HB Doug Burns has committed to Boston College

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Red Wolves were idle.
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Fayetteville to face the Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 45-34 against Utah (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Dante Stover has committed to BYU

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Warhawks were idle.
    This week, the Warhawks will host Louisiana Tech (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Sean Horne has committed to LSU
    - (****) LT Jason Witherspoon has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (***) LG Ryan Chambers has committed to Baylor

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Southern Miss (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG Joe Anderson has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Ragin' Cajuns were idle.
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Houston to face the Houston Cougars (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB John Wilson has committed to UTEP

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I work all day and will be out tonight. I'll try to get it in early tomorrow but it won't be done by 5am just a heads up.

3. DirtycashDylan

Is that bad? Did I break it? 'High Score'? What's that mean? Is it bad?

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Nice pickups Dylan.

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

EMU Ends 24 Game Losing Streak Emphatically vs New Mexico State ->

Ypsilanti, Michigan -> The denizens in Ypsilanti, Michigan were beginning to print up the shirts.. "We're worse than Northwestern." This was in reference to the 34 game losing streak that the Wildcats set as a record at the 1-A level during the 1981 season in which they lost all of their games and were outscored 505-82. The Wildcats ultimately ended their losing streak defeating Northern Illinois 31-6 on Sept. 25, 1982 to end the streak on September 25th, 1982. The Eagles ended their 24 game winning streak in style at home with a 45-14 victory over New Mexico State. For the record, the Eagles had a long ways to go before setting the college football record of 80 losses in a row by Prairie View A&M.

The amazing thing about this contest was that the Eagles scored each of their points in a different way. The Eagles opened up the scoring late in the first quarter when Jackson took back a punt 48 yards for a touchdown to make the score 7-0. The Eagles would make it 14-0 on the next possession when a forced fumble recovery was returned by Gayle 46 yards to push the score to 14-0. The first half scoring would be concluded by a Adam Moore 27 yard field goal to make it 17-0 EMU at halftime.

In the second half, the Aggies opened things up with an impressive drive of their own to make the score 17-7, but EMU wasn't to have it on this day. FS Chad Barnett making his EMU debut took the kickoff 95 yards for a TD to push the score to 24-7, the fourth different way the Eagles scored. After a three and out from NMSU, the Eagles offense responded with a 43 yard pass reception from Payne(yes, he's back!) to Jackson to push the score to 31-7. The Eagles would add a rushing TD from Chance from 5 yards out in the fourth to make it 38-7. Following a NMSU TD and an EMU failed possession, the Eagles would conclude the scoring at 45-14 with an interception return for a TD from 51 yards out to conclude the scoring and to end the futility streak at 24 games.

"It's tough to be disappointed with this effort." said Coach Crumb. "Considering that we got contributions from everyone on the team, including our punter pinning NMSU back three times inside their 5 yard line, it's a good way to end the losing streak. We have a long ways to go before we're going to be really competitive in conference but this is a great start and it's nice to be on the winning end for once."

When asked about what his team hopes to do for an encore, Coach Crumb finally had a joke for the crowd.

"I really was pissed off when we couldn't get that safety to make it 8 different ways to score." laughed Coach Crumb. "I suppose that's all we'll practice this week."

The C-USA Kings of the past two seasons Western Michigan invade Rynearson next week.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

"Wait, you're his roommates? You're the reason he's been so tired?"

"Well I guess we have been a little hard on him, but he is a little soft if you know what I mean."

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I don't really feel like writing up a whole story...I usually only do those when I'm at work and have nothing better to do. But I laid the wood to Akron. My defensive backs came up with 6 ints in the game which i think is more than i had all of last year.

Howard Brown had 24 carries for 134 yds and 3 TDs

Cedric McCloud was 30 of 43 for 576 yds and 5 TDs

8. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

It was a lot closer than last season, bit the Vandals were defeated by Colorado again this year. My incoming transfer rb ran like a poosy. I had two solid chances to win it. Down 2 with three minutes left I threw a tipped ball interception that was run back into my own territory. Defense held on three straight plays and they kicked a fg to go up by 5. Again with the ball, down 5, with just over a minute left I felt we had a decent chance. That all came crashing down when I got fumblesacked and they took it back 60 yards for a TD to make it 31-20 Colorado with 30 seconds left. Disappointment but I had a few bright spots. I really like my qb and a freshman receiver, and an outside linebacker that can flat out fly and really wreaked havoc on CU's offense. Going to play around with some formation subs to get him on the field every down because he's a player. Looking forward to redeeming ourselves next week.

On a side note, Colorado missed two extra points and a short field goal. Badly. And then in the 4th quarter they bang two in right down the middle from 40+. Weird.

9. DirtycashDylan

When can you do it? I think JQwon wants to go early, too, so I could adv after you play your week 2 game and then you guys could get in your week 3 game if that works for you. I'll make a scheduling thread for you guys.

10. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Clutch

11. DirtycashDylan

moved to next week's thread.

12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Did my recruiting online- what time u plan on moving to week 4. I won't be home until 3 est and wont have internet access till then.

13. DirtycashDylan

adv to week 3 tonight and adv to week 4 24 hours later unless we're waiting on a user game.