Week 2 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 28, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Spartans were idle.
    This week, the Spartans travel to Stanford to face the #4 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Mike Brown has committed to San Jose State

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Columbus to face the #19 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Dominique Berry has committed to Iowa
    - (**) RT Tom Scales has committed to Kent State
    - (****) LE Brian White has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) WR John Foster has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) FS Bobby Sullivan has committed to Maryland

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State lost 34-24 against Texas (1-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to El Paso to face the UTEP Miners (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Willie Cunningham has committed to UTEP

=============== Akron Zips (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron lost 34-31 against Penn State (1-0).
    This week, the Zips are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Eric Lawrence has committed to Akron
    - (****) WR John Foster has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LE Justin Sanders has committed to Penn State
    - (***) ROLB Bruce Carlson has committed to Purdue

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Owls were idle.
    This week, the Owls travel to Tampa to face the USF Bulls (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Greg Hawthorne has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Panthers were idle.
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host #13 UCF (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Jeremy George has committed to USF

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Lobos were idle.
    This week, the Lobos travel to Houston to face the Houston Cougars (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Robert Edwards has committed to Kansas
    - (**) CB Kenneth Spencer has committed to New Mexico
    - (***) RE Willie Cunningham has committed to UTEP
    - (****) DT James Luke has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Memphis targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Donnie Williams has committed to Wake Forest
    - (***) DT Terrance Morris has committed to Virginia
    - (****) C Josh Atkins has committed to UCF

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

if only it wasnt 1am! ill get to my game after work. im excited to get these kids on the field

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ya I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my offense. I'll play my game when I get home tomorrow

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I got beat by Penn State last night and don't have access to dynasty wire. The final was 34-31. They jumped on me early and it was looking like a blow out. I rallied back in the 2nd half though and had a chance to tie or win the game with under a minute to go and in FG range when they house a 75 yard pick 6 to take a 34-24 lead. I managed to hit a 70 something yard TD pass of my own with :13 left but failed to get the onside kick and they ran out the clock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

WOW

im speechless. i came out and DOMINATED the first quarter. probably the best ive ever had a team perform for me. and still i was only up 28-7 because a bogus fumble TD that had a penalty and they wouldnt review it even though it was clearly not a fumble. overall 7 players were reviewed and almost all of them were wrong! even after the reviews! they had WRs catching the ball with both feet OB but somehow "possession" if when the player comes within a foot of the ball i guess.

David Walton threw for 361 yards, 3 TDs and only 1 INT. which by my standards is outstanding!
    LaDarrius Thompson ran for 87 yards on 16 carries, again, a great day

but we lost 3 fumbles and i always play on conservative!

my defense looked amazing. even though the statbooks look crazy with allowing so many yards and 51 points, it is very deceiving, 3 INTs, 2 FR, a safety and a touchdown. Im not going to be playing the hurry up pass heavy offense like houston all year but we handled it great. this was just the worst reffed game ever. At one point while about to go up 4 scores, i let up and was going to take it easy, but then when it hit 30-7 mid 2nd, they turned on super CPU and went crazy. quick TD drive, i fumble the kick, they score, i throw a pick, they score.

I had my shot in the 4th to tie it on 4th and 5 but they sacked me immediately, a reoccurring theme all game as I took 8 sacks

very frustrating after the way things started. really thought it would be an easy 1-0. the lack of user mistakes and great defensive plays makes me excited for conference play as I feel I will be strong against users

6. Steamer43

Middle Tennessee State - 30
    Vanderbilt Commodores - 17

Blue Raiders Take Victory In SEC Territory

[​IMG]

QB Will Davis Recovers From Shaky Start

It was an ugly first half by both sides. Vanderbilt's first quarter field goal was their only points of the first half and was their only opportunity. MTSU tied it up 3-3 early in the 2nd. With just over a minute to go, MTSU stopped Vanderbilt deep in their own territory and freshman Shelton Mack brought the return in for good field position. It took just 4 plays and Jr Running back Woodard took off for a 19 yard TD run to take a 10-3 lead before half. MTSU had just 90 yards of offense while Vandy had an even worse 50 yards.

Sophomore QB Davis held his own for the first half, but started the 3rd quarter with 2 straight interceptions. The MTSU D nearly held the Vandy O, but the Commodores scored on 4th n 1 at the goal line to tie 10-10. Vandy had a chance to take the lead, but threw a pick into the end zone. MTSU took advantage as Davis bounced back, finding 6'5'' Freshman WR Graham for a 52 yard TD. MTSU recovered a lateral pass for a fumble and one play later a play action pass found JUCO WR transfer McMahan deep behind the coverage for a 68 yard TD bomb, and MTSU was up 24-10 going into the 4th. Vandy got the offense going again, and for a second time faced 4th and 1 at the goalline. Once again they converted and cut the lead to 24-17. MTSU answered with a FG to make it a two possession lead, and Vandy could not move the ball as time ticked away.

MTSU travels to #14 Virginia Tech next week, hoping to pull an upset and improve to 2-0.

New impact player watch

Will Davis: 10-20 213 yds 2 TDs
    Stephon Mack: 14 carries 54 yards, 43 PR yards
    Tom McMahan: 5 rec. 115 yards 1 TD
    Courtney Graham: 2 rec 68 yards 1 TD

7. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Oshi, you kill me with your write-ups. What was the score and who did you play?

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

+1,000,000

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

btw guys, my xbox just RROD on me when I got home from work to knock out a few games, I'm gonna be out of commission for a few days at the least

DirtycashDylan

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Haha, sometimes I get carried away in the writeups immediately after I finish. I was on the road in Houston and lost 51-44

I usually don't even reread it when I finish so I just hope it makes sense

11. Steamer43

12. Steamer43

Tennessee Vols went over the sim score limit this week...

• Like Like x 1
  13. DirtycashDylan

Blonde is borrowing a friends xbox to get his game in tomorrow so we'll be advancing then.

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I made the mistake of watching texas lastnight. Any way we could hold off and I'll try to play asap after I get in from work today around 8est?

15. Full Moon Fever

Tennessee raped me again. I can't wait to turn the corner and beat those bastages. My butthole tightens every time I hear Rocky Top.

There WERE some bright spots. Rhodes rushed for 200+ yards and my offense looked good for stretches. Terrible interceptions and the inability to tackle were my downfall. Was keeping it close until my QB got hit and fumbled and they returned it 90 yards for a TD.

16. Full Moon Fever

Advancing any time soon? What happened to 24 hr rule for CPU games?

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

After work tiger, read the thread. If were gonna be 24 hr advance nazis we should try and advance before 1am for some of the other guys with normal sleep/work schedules.

18. DirtycashDylan

24 hours unless someone comes in with a legit excuse. Blonde's RROD is a completely legit excuse. Hammer doesn't have an excuse but he gets lucky this time and gets grouped in. We'll be advancing this evening.

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

:)

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

NMSU - 38
    UTEP - 7

Utep scores on a pick 6. NMSU is 1-1 against teams from Texas this season.

21. DirtycashDylan

Just killed Ohio State. Finishing up watching these games and I'll advance.

22. Full Moon Fever

Geez I don't see how in the fuck some of you play so far above your heads in CPU games.

23. DirtycashDylan

Cheezing like a mother fucker helps. I'll do a writeup after I advance.

24. Full Moon Fever

I'm not saying you're cheesing, but yeah I think it's a little suspect when this early in the dynasty Kent State is raping Ohio State and Akron wins a BCS bowl in year 2. Meanwhile I get raped against UT every year and pounded by Wake Forest in a low-level bowl. Maybe I just suck against the computer but I play the same way against you guys and I'm 2-0 against Kent and played Akron close.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DirtycashDylan

I was just kidding, but nothing suspect, check the stats on dynasty wire, bro-lo. I ran the ball and limited my mistakes and capitalized on theirs. They only scored 7 points and it was in the 1st quarter. I own tOSU.