Week 2, 2014: Showdown Saturday

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Week 2 features some create showdowns between users. Here's a look at the best of this Saturday's slate.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Which game do you think is the game of the week?

Who's on upset alert?

Who are your picks to win each game?

2. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

OSU wins 27 14

Oregon wins 31-28

Arkansas wins 44-36

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Game of the week?

The Oregon - Texas A&M National Championship Semi-Final

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think USC has a shot against tOSU. The Trojans have a more stable QB situation and their knack for getting big interceptions has to be a big red flag for an inexperienced JT Barrett.

5. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

H22APWRD94 when can you play? I should be free tonight anytime after about 5pm central. Let me know what works for you.

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

[​IMG] 49 [​IMG] 14

Badgers bounce back in Week 2

ScreenHunter_59 Aug. 15 09.56.jpg
    ScreenHunter_60 Aug. 15 09.56.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

BUCKEYES LIVE UP TO #1 RANKING IN PRIME-TIME WIN
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    24 - 7

Braxton who? That's what some members of Buckeye Nation are asking after freshman quarterback J.T. Barrett led the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes to a 24-7 victory over #7 USC Saturday night. Barrett was equal parts efficient and explosive, completing 16-of-19 passes for 253 yards and two scores. Barrett sprayed the ball all around the field against a vulnerable USC secondary, completing six passes to Dontre Wilson, and four a piece to Devin Smith and Jalin Marshall.

While the freshman quarterback played well beyond his years, the Trojan's veteran signal caller struggled. In all, Max Wittek completed just 8-of-19 attempts and threw 3 picks in a performance that might derail his Heisman candidacy. Worse yet, USC benched Wittek in the second half in favor of redshirt freshman Max Browne. Browne didn't fair much better, completing 6-of-9 with one pick, but a QB controversy might be on in Southern Cal.

The Buckeyes received a stellar performance from senior Rod Smith, who carried the ball nine times for 63 yards and a score, and also had a 53-yard pass-and-catch on a big third down conversion when the result was still in question. Though Ohio State plays with an element of finesse, having a power element like Smith is invaluable for the Buckeyes. With a strong showing in such a big game, Smith will likely receive more plays as the season progresses.

With another prime-time showdown looming next weekend, this time against Virginia Tech, the Buckeyes will look to improve in the redzone, where they were just 3-for-6 against USC with a fumble and turnover on downs.

Game Notes
    = J.T. Barrett was 16-of-19 for 253 yards 2 TD and an INT in his debut in Ohio Stadium
    = Dontre Wilson had 70 yards rushing and 59 receiving on 21 total touches, but did cough up a crucial fumble in the redzone just before half
    = Ohio State intercepted USC quarterbacks four times
    = The Buckeyes were 7-of-10 on third downs while USC was 2-of-8

Good game KNICKSFAN_84 look forward to the rematch in So. Cal next year

8. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Stanford.gif
    FINISHING STRONG IN HOME OPENER
    2014-02.png 14PSU-Stan.jpg

Ty Montgomery breaks a tackle for a score in the 3rd quarter.

Cardinal overcome sluggish start, score 31 2nd-half points to overcome Nittany Lions
    Palo Alto, CA - In the first home in Stanford Stadium aka "The Farm", the Cardinal looking to dispatch another credible foe after last-weeks' win over LSU in San Antonio. But Penn State was not looking to oblige the 50,000+ faithful by giving Stanford all they could handle and then more. Kevin Hogan overcame 3 1st-half interceptions and forced Penn State (1-1) Christian Hackenberg to throw 4 pick of his own, as Stanford rallied for 31 points in the second half to defeat the Nittany Lions 41-30 Saturday afternoon. Despite a number of big plays given up by the defense, the team was able to overcome and send the fans home happy.

The teams' first home game started off well as Stanford's D forced an INT in the end-zone after Hackenberg had move Penn St. into scoring position. Hogan was able to move the ball down-field, but the drive would stall, culminating in a Jordan Williamson field goal and a 3-0 lead. From there, it was showcase of the defenses as both team would continuously have trouble moving the ball. Penn St. would eventually breakthrough, as RB Bill Belton would catch a screen pass and scamper 32 yards for a score and a 7-3 lead. Hogan would be picked off on Stanford's next offensive play Trevor Williams, which he returned 35 yards for the score and a 14-3 Nittany Lion advantage. After back-to-back punts from both teams, Hogan was able to find Kelsey Young on a go route for a 52 yard score to close the gap to 4 before the end of the half.

Stanford (2-0) would garner great field position thanks to a Young long kick return to the 45 open the second half. Ty Montgomery would haul in a pass two plays later, break a tackle and score from 55 yards out to give Stanford the edge 17-14. Penn State would charge right back as Bill Belton would break through the line and go 75 yards for the score, and the Nittany Lions were up again 21-17. The Cardinal running game would finally show in the second half, as Barry Sanders Jr. and Ricky Seale would get some key runs, and Luke Kaumatule would get his 2nd score of the season on a 22-yard score and the Cardinal were up again 24-21. Ed Reynolds would intercept Hackenberg's pass on the next series, and Sanders Jr. would cap off a 3 minute drive spanning the 3rd and 4th quarters with a four yard score to put Stanford up 31-21. Sanders Jr. would on to have another 100-yard effort (4 in a row going back to 2013), gaining 133 yards, 100 of which came in the 2nd half. Penn State was not done with big plays though, as WR Eugene Lewis would grab and go on a 55-yard score to close the gap to 3. Stanford would again lean on Sanders Jr. and he would respond. With some help from the officials who blew the call, Sanders Jr. would score from eleven yards out to extend the lead to ten with 2:58 to play. Sanders Jr. looked to be down after a 4-yard gain, but no whistle was blown and he got up and raced into the endzone (Video is available). Officials ruled that Sanders Jr. had fell on top of other players and never touched the ground. Hackenberg would again get picked off, killing a drive, but Sanders Jr. would blunder on his own by being tackled in the enzdone, giving Penn St. new hope cutting the defecit to a one score game, 38-30. The Cardinal defense again held up, and Stanford would go to run out the clock, having Penn St. exhaust all timeouts with :05 left, where Williamson would boot a FG for the final margin. Kevin Hogan would finish with a subpar game, throwing for 247 yards, but was intercepted three times. Good game, Jbek we'll tangle again next year in Happy Valley.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Jbek played that one at my place. Was a good one to watch, nice comeback

10. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Ill have to play my game tomorrow fellas... Won't get home until late tonight. Practice and meetings ran late. First game is tomorrow. Sorry guys will get it done tomorrow.

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

If we are going to wait until later friday for this one, I would prefer to play cmassey13 since I was working late tonight myself. Let me know if that will work for you Spayer419

12. jandy

jandy Walk On

I think we're planning for an early morning advance Friday. Correct me if I'm wrong ssuwr86 but I think Spayer told me you are planning on playing at 7 am?

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Sorry bud, SSU just got his game in and we're going to push this one through. Would hold it up but Massey is busy tonight

14. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

LSU turmoil

20-28

Tigers lose again in desperate need of better quarterback play. Offense identity is not there seems as if the tigers are playing blindfolded. Not all the blame is towards the QB with 3 different guys getting touches in the backfield no one got into the end zone raising eyebrows.

Stats:

S.Rivers 19/34 243 yds 2 td 1 int
    J.Hill 14 att 72 yds 0 td
    O.Beckham 5 rec 81 yds 1 td

LSU is going to take a hard look this week hoping to get back on track as they as Mizzou comes into town.