Week 2 2014

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 29, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Adv. Due tomorrow at 8 pm cst.

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan won 17-10 against Toledo (0-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host Central Michigan (0-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 62-35 against Washington State (0-1).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Bowling Green (0-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 69-24 against Louisville (0-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Eugene to face the #6 Oregon Ducks (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Craig Ramsey has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 34-27 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Blazers will host Kansas (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Paris Miller has committed to UAB

=============== Army Black Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 31-13 against Syracuse (0-1).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Falcons (0-0).

=============== #20 Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 51-41 against Virginia Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos will host Cincinnati (0-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 45-7 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Fayetteville to face the Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0).

=============== #22 Utah State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 41-14 against Oklahoma (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host BYU (0-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 38-35 against Auburn (0-1).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Iowa State (1-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 50-7 against Tennessee (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Memphis (0-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 48-28 against Texas A&M (0-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host #1 LSU (0-0).

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Gonna have to play mine when I get home tomorrow, not home till late as hell tonight. Sorry gents.

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State is ranked! First time I've been ranked. Moved up from preseason ranked 59 to #22.
    I've gotten votes 3 or 4 times but lost everytime i had votes lol

4. DirtycashDylan

The Hilltoppers narrowly escape Autzen with a win!

J. Roberts and his #6 ranked Oregon squad looked unstoppable and their team speed looked to have no equal but, like FullMoonFever's mother squeezing out even more kids for welfare checks, Alford's Hilltoppers squeezed out a victory.

Oregon received the ball first and J. Roberts (30-36, 519 4/1) drove it down the field for an easy score on the hapless WK secondary. WKU's JUCO transfer QB Nate Alford (21-31 324, 2/1) came in and threw to leading Heisman hopeful Shaun Griffin (7 for 178, 1 TD) for consecutive 20+ yard gains and later a 13 yard TD. The slightly improved WKU D came out the next drive and got a big sack (only one of the day) on 3rd down to force a punt. Alford was sacked himself a few plays later to put WKU in a 2nd and 25 but on 3rd down, Alford found, you know who, Griffin for a clutch 35 yard gain. Alford then handed the ball of to the newly designated goalline back Corey Douglas (6 for 15, 1 TD) for a hard earned 4 yards and the freshman's first TD. 14-7 WKU

Oregon decided they wanted to run the ball and WK was happy to oblige them, holding UO to a 3-and-out. but WK had to give the ball right back on downs. WK SO CB Ken Kelly then wiffed on a man press to give up an easy 6 (Kelly would later make up for it). 14-14.

Alford then threw a pic to the UO MLB in a Cover-2 Buc look. UO's incredibly gay and overused hurry up had no problem scoring in the next 4 plays/6 seconds. 21-14 UO at half.

WKU came out of the lockerroom, guns blazing. Slot receiver Johnson (3 catches for 18 yards/1 TD, 69 yd rush TD) scored on a 69 yd rush out of a Gator Heavy option. UO then came out and threw a pic6 to waiting hands of WK CB Ken Kelly. On the next possession, Kelly forced a fumble that was recovered by DE Kevin Shaw. Alford then threw another score in to Johnson and UO came right back and threw a TD of their own. WK then drove down but the new Oline that has yet to gel couldn't get it done on a 3rd and short and WK had to settle for a FG to make it a 2 possession game. 38-28 WKU.

Then it got interesting. Roberts threw a long pass up the sideline to a covered receiver for a quick 55 yard TD (highlight saved). UO then recovered the onside kick and it looked to be all but decided as the hurry up UO passing attack wouldn't let up...until it did. WK bowed up and held UO to 3 incomplete passes in a row and forced them to try for a tying 37 yard FG. MISS. WK gets a first down and kneels it out.

38-35 final. Alot of firsts for WK: first victory over a top-25 (previously 0-6), first victory over a top-10 team and first W vs a 5 or 6 * prestige team.

I decided to go with true freshman MLB Adam Landry at Mike and that decision paid off as he led the team with 9 solo tackles.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Boise - The new and improved Vandals keep their momentum going, moving to 2-0 for the first time in Coach Full Moon Fever's tenure in Moscow.

On the arm of Senior quarterback Bryan Sixmore (21-31 -364, 3TDs, 0 INTs), the balanced Vandal attack was able to methodically have their way with the Smurf defense for most of the game.

After falling behind 14-3 in the first quarter, it looked like things could get ugly for the Vandals as Boise State tore through the Vandal defense like a F5 twister through DirtyCashDylan's trailerpark in Oklahoma. Finally, in the second quarter, the Vandal defense caught a break and was able to force a punt from the Donkeys. Trailing by 4, that was all that Sixmore needed, as he led the Vandal attack down the field. All American RB Shawn Calhoun punched it in from the 5 to put the Vandals on top with just seconds left to play in the first half.

When the Vandals got the ball to start the 3rd quarter, they began to rely more and more on the legs of Calhoun and Jr transfer standout Rashad Carrington. The Vandals ran the ball 39 times for 133 yards in the contest.

The game was really fairly boring. Boise State would score in two or three plays, and then Idaho would march down the field and score to go up by 10. Boise would score to bring it to 4, Idaho would score to push it back to 10. With 3 minutes left in the game, Boise failed to convert on a 4th down at midfield. The Vandals ran three times, forcing Boise's timeouts, before punting. Boise took over with just under a minute left but couldn't get anything going. After an incomplete pass on 4th down, Sixmore kneeled the clock out to preserve the win.

Idaho had 3 plays of 25 yards or longer, the longest being a 44 yard catch, hurdle, and run by Sophmore All American wideout Zach Berry. (sweet ass higlight saved).

The Vandals look forward to some redemption next week when they host the Ragin' Cajuns (1-1,0-0), who are coming off a home defeat at the hands of top ranked LSU.

6. Steamer43

#22 Utah State Thumps Rival BYU 48-14

[​IMG]

. In what was perhaps the biggest home game in Steamer's time at Utah State, the Aggies crush rival BYU, who was just two spots away from being in the top 25. Utah State entered the game ranked, playing against in-state rival BYU, setting up a packed stadium. The Aggies walk away from this game with a 48-14 win.

. Utah State started off strong, holding BYU to a 3-n-out of the opening drive. The offense did their part as well, as just a few plays later quarterback Adrian Sapp threw a 52 yard TD pass to Joseph Jones. The Aggie defense continued to hold the BYU air raid attack, while the offense tacked on two more field goals for a 13-0 lead. Then after a series of events in which Utah State Intercepted a pass, then went on to fumble it back to BYU in prime field position, which led to the first Cougars score, cutting the lead to 13-7. Starting quarterback Sapp suffered an abdominal strain and was unable to play for the rest of the game. In came back-up, and former starter, Dennis Brewster. Brewster picked up the offense right where it had left off and led the offense, passing for 2 TDs before half and taking a strong 27-7 lead at the half.The Aggie defense held BYU to just 100 yards in the first half.

[​IMG]
    Joseph Jones makes catches his 4th TD of the season

. Utah State had done it all through the air in the first half, managing only 8 yards rushing in the entire 1st half. Little did the Aggies know, one of their running backs was in for a career day. Running back Harvey Davis took the first play from scrimmage of the 2nd half and ran for a 73 yard TD run to cap a 34-7 lead. BYU would manage a TD, converting on 4th in long late in the 3rd quarter. USU dedicated their offense to running out the clock and stopping the Cougar offense. With 56 seconds remaining, Davis took the hand off to seal the game, but broke out into open field for a 64 yard TD run. After a BYU punt the Aggies regained possession with 30 seconds remaining. BYU had 3 timeouts remaining so USU ran it up the middle when Davis once again broke free, taking it 81 yards to the house! Davis was named Player of the Game, finishing with 11 carries for 229 yards with 3 TDs (64,73,81). The Aggies look to move up in the polls, as they prepare for Colorado to roll into Logan to face the dangerous Aggies.

[​IMG]
    USU sacked BYU's Williams 6 times in the game.

(All 3 runs are saved on the easports.com highlights)

First Quarter

05:40 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 52 yard pass from Adrian Sapp QB #15

01:20 FG Utah State Teddy Alexander K #12 24 yard field goal

Second Quarter

05:59 FG Utah State Teddy Alexander K #12 32 yard field goal

05:20 TD BYU Steve Williams WR #88 47 yard pass from Patrick Williams QB #5

02:32 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 20 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

00:29 TD Utah State Daniel White WR #87 26 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

Third Quarter

07:48 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 73 yard rush

04:40 TD BYU Antonio House WR #86 29 yard pass from Patrick Williams QB #5

Forth Quarter

00:56 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 64 yard rush

00:23 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 81 yard rush

7. Full Moon Fever

You must be a damn defensive mastermind. I have no freaking clue how you could've held OU to 6 and BYU to 14. That's nuts.

8. Steamer43

I gave up 14 to both. My D-line has been kicking ass so far and improved pass coverage have made my D a lot better so far. I'm sure when we hit user games though I'll be giving up 35+ like we all seem to do lol.

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I was up 52-10 at the half against Cinnci. My game summary is that they got ass railed.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

That gave me a chuckle...

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2014 Week 2
    Kansas Jayhawks – 21
    UAB Blazers - 38​

Birmingham, AL – After a disappointing loss last week in Tuscaloosa, the Blazers played their home opener and took down the Kansas Jayhawks of the Big 12, 38-21.

Transfer HB Dan Andrews had a big day, rushing for over 150 yards and 3 TD’s. (Check out the highlight of him breaking about 3 KU tackles on a run up the gut for 55 yards!). On the down side, Andrews had a bit of fumblitist, giving up the rock 3 times and losing it twice. Junior QB Adam Sanders threw for 2 TD’s but continues to throw picks, adding 2 more in this game, giving him 5 on the season.

The Blazers look to build off the momentum of this victory as they host rival Southern Miss next week.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    Kansas 7 7 0 7 21
    UAB 0 10 14 14 38

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Kansas UAB
    First Downs 16 19
    Total Yards 302 429
    Rushes-Yards-TD 31-77-1 37-211-3
    Comp-Att-TD 20-37-2 11-19-2
    Passing Yards 225 218
    Turnovers 4 4
    Fum 2 2
    Int 2 2
    T.O.P. 18:20 16:23

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Adam Sanders, UAB 167.9 11 19 218 2 2
    Quinn Mecham, KU 112.1 20 37 225 2 2

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Dan Andrews, UAB 23 157 7.4 3
    James Sims, KU 22 62 2.8 0

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Roy Sims, TE, UAB 4 78 19.5 1
    Edward Murphy, WR, KU 4 30 7.5 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Jordan Haden, SS, UAB 6 0 0 1 1 0 0
    Jeremiah Edwards, DT, KU 6 2 2 0 0 0 0[/FONT]

12. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

LSU- 48
    ULL- 28

Defense got railed. Offense fumbled. Starting Qb out for the year. glad to be done with that game

• Like Like x 2
  13. Full Moon Fever

I lost my free safety out for the season in week 1. Wish they had medical redshirts.

14. nikpin

It's a good thing you've requested LSU at home 13 years in a row now.

15. Full Moon Fever

And now he gets to come into Idaho to get his already bleeding anus raped with a baking potato.

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arky St. - 31
    Arkansas - 21

Well we won the battle but lost the war, unfortunately. After losing 3 straight years to Arkansas, the Red Wolves finally got over the hump, but with major setbacks. My team has the worst luck it seems. 2 years ago, we lost Aycock for the season, then he decided to go pro. Last year, Jakhari Gore gets knocked out for the year midway through the season. This year, he gets knocked out for the year in the 2nd game. Oh, and my backup HB (who sucks) got knocked out for the next 4 weeks as well, leaving me with a 3rd string HB (going from an 86 OVR HB to a 60 OVR is a big difference). On the bright side my true sophomore QB finally had a good game, going 16/23 for 205 yards and 3TDs. Trey Millard seems to have gotten over his drops from last year (led the NCAA) as he has yet to drop one this year and had 8 catches for 108 yards and 2TDs. Arkansas mounted quite the comeback in the 4th quarter, but a lucky ass play helped me seal the game. After Arkansas scored a TD late to get within 28-14, I got a huge kickoff return and a deep pass to Millard put me at the Arkansas 35. On 3rd & 3, I ran a play action pass for Millard in the endzone, but it got tipped and intercepted. The defender, instead of taking a knee and getting his team the ball at the 20, ran it out, got hit at the 5, fumbled it, and I recovered. A few knees later I kick the FG to go up 17 and seal the victory, even though they scored one last TD in the final minute.

But FUCK! My best player is gone for the 3rd straight year!!!

17. Steamer43

I lost my fullback for the season with a broken shoulder. Could be worse, but he had the speed and hands that were great for hot routes. Goos thing i got lucky and got a FB to sign in offseason week 5. Not too fast but a good blocker

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kent St showed off their Steel Curtain Defense in a conference known for its' offensive firepower.

In the Golden Flashes' season opener, they held Bowling Green to just 3 points. They controlled the tempo of the game as running back Rob Holloman won the running back battle as he carried it 21 times for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Oscar Robinson ran 9 times for 34 yards
    Howard Brown 7 times for 16 yards clearly giving the win to Holloman.

Adam Collins and Adam Carter led the team with 3 tackles a piece. Not many tackles to go around since Bowling Green barely had the ball and when they did, were throwing.

19. nikpin

Didn't you lose Ryan Aplin for the season in the first game of the year in his senior year after he had a monster junior year?

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Thanks for reminding me...add one more to the list

[​IMG]

21. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eagles 2-0 with win over Central Michigan:

The Eastern Michigan Eagles have now won three games in a row going back to last season with a 24-0 victory over the Central Michigan Chippewas in the pouring rain at Rynearson Stadium. The Eagles recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff of CMU's and never looked back taking advantage of 8 CMU Turnovers on the day. EMU opened up a 17-0 lead in the first quarter and never looked back with the defense playing their best game in the tenure of TheCrumbIsHere. The Eagles were paced again by another 120+ yard, 2 TD day by Chance.

The Eagles hope to continue their winning ways next week. Sheesh, EMU at 2-0.. what's next?

22. DirtycashDylan

adv looking more like 10 pm

23. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Got it in sorry for the hold up thanks for waiting tho.