Week 2 2016 Now Open - Deadline = 4.16.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Apr 13, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Miami holds off the Stanford Cheezers in a wild one, 43-38. How bad was it? They're DE drops back over 25 in coverage to close on my fastest WR and make a no-look, over the shoulder interception. Really. Jack Black was much more accurate today. Sadly, that included his passes to the other team. He had 4 TDs and 4 INTs, including a duck-pass TAINT coming off of a blown screen pass.

The weird part was the defensive flow my team had. When Stanford received the ball to start a drive, we were rock solid. Anytime there was a turnover, they scored. I couldn't stop them. Wait, there was one exception. Jack Black fumbled on the 1 yard line as he was going for a score. Stanford recovers and on their first play, transfer Zachary Chambers sacks Christian Palmer for a safety.

Stanford was up 31-14 at the half. However, in the thrid quarter, we unleashed the hounds. Todd Shaw punched in a short TD, Jimi Hendrix has a 19 yard TAINT, Lionel Ritchie grabs a 20 yard TD pass, and the safety. That's 23 point in a row. Stanford scored at the end of the half to regain the lead 38-37.

After another strong drive, Russell Simmons made a nice 4 yard TD in the corner of the end zone for the go ahead score. Our two point try failed, and that's how it ends. Coach Roadhouse had to shower after that affair, to get the stench of cheddar off his fingers.

Next week, we host the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Phew...congrats on sliding by in that nail-biter! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm really not looking forward to seeing Weatherford in my mightmares again. Ugh.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

OH SO PISSED WEST MICH LOSES IN OT TO TEXAS A&M!!! TO MAD TO WRITE IT UP WILL DO IT TOMORROW AT WORK.....

ROBBED I SAY ROBBED!!
    ´╗┐
    I LET MY TEAM DOWN BIG TIME AND EA GOT ME AGAIN PROBABLY THE 12TH MAN CRAP AT A&M WAS THE COMPUTER!!!

ROBBED I SAY ROBBED´╗┐

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Getting mine in tomorrow morning around 8 or 9am

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Holy Jesus. First Navy manages 16 REGISTERED broken tackles (which means they really had about 50). One player has 4 on 2 carries, another has 3 on 5 carries. Secondly, with EMU making a crucial stop to get the ball back down 6, Navy decides to try a 51 yd FG with a 64 OVR kicker that has already missed an XP....fuckin drills it...Morten Anderson shot a load seeing this kick. Thirdly, EMU manages to get a TD, a stop and drive into FG range. 21 seconds left on the 20 no timeouts. We run a dive to the left to set a game-winning FG...fucking flag on the field...we go back to the 30 out of FG range and the clock starts ticking.

What a complete screw job on the Eagles. I'm sick to my stomach.

8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I feel yer pain......
    Well week 2 was going great I was kicking A&M's but all over the feild leading 21-13 at the half. QB Nick Coleman man was throwing all over them. I really had no worries thought the game was a lock.... I added 2 FG's in the 3rd that should have been 2 TDs but hey I was up 27-13 on the #23 team in the nation and being in there red zone a lot gave me the feel in controll.. Then comes the 4th QT....They drive down and score ...27-20......then I am driving in for a score and my QB is throwing the ball but they call it a Fumble.. there CB picks it up and goes 71 Yds for the score. Tie Game 27-27.....I drive down and on 4th and 2 try a med range FG and miss short,,,FG kicker has a leg like my daughter....the next play the run a stupid run up the gut this RB breaks 4 tackles and goes 76 YDs for the score.....34-27 there lead.....no worries I have passed the ball on them all day..we drive down and score with 3 sec left and going against my gut telling me try and win it now!! I kick the expt to tie it. OT I win the toss and want the ball and drive in for a score but wait!!!!! A flag holding on my Center!!! ....then a Turnover on downs....A&M drive it up my butt and score to win 40-34.
    Total 4th QT breakdown.....but i am very proud we know we can play good ball we feel we gor robbed.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish and his Frosh Secondary layed the smack down on some roody pooh candy asses from Meeeeeechegan. The Wolverines moved the ball a bit but were forced to attempt 50+ yard field goal after 50+ yard field goal (all leading to misses and a short field). Somewhat surprisingly Kent St. ran the ball really well. This three headed dragon Coach CLW has going right now has added a new dimension to his offense. Time will tell if the run game will remain when he meets up with the big boyz of the MAC.

Final:

Kent State 35

#1 Michigan 10