Week 2, 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #21 Yale Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Yale won 17-14 against Auburn (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.

=============== Brown Bears (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Bears were idle.
    This week, the Bears travel to Eugene to face the #4 Oregon Ducks (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Brown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Austin Wheatley has committed to Ohio
    - (****) DT Tavares Jackson has committed to TCU

=============== Cornell Big Red (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Big Red were idle.
    This week, the Big Red will host UMass (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jeff Myers has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) ROLB Kevin James has committed to SMU

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Hoyas were idle.
    This week, the Hoyas travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgetown targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Columbia Lions (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Lions were idle.
    This week, the Lions will host Boston College (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Columbia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Eric Martinez has committed to Clemson

=============== Princeton Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host Temple (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Princeton targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Brandon Turner has committed to Alabama

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Big Green were idle.
    This week, the Big Green travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-0).

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Hens were idle.
    This week, the Blue Hens will host Duke (0-0).

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Quakers were idle.
    This week, the Quakers travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0).

=============== Howard Bison (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Bison were idle.
    This week, the Bison travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (0-0).

=============== Harvard Crimson (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Crimson were idle.
    This week, the Crimson will host FCS Midwest .
    In recruiting news, the following Harvard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Eric Weber has committed to Harvard

=============== Bucknell Bison (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Bison were idle.
    This week, the Bison travel to Tampa to face the USF Bulls (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Bucknell targets have announced their decisions:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. DirtycashDylan

week due tomorrow afternoon

3. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Cornell 47- UMass 44(3 OT)

Cornell survives their home opener vs UMass in Triple Overtime

Ithaca, NY -> The former MAC schools definitely bring their A game when it comes to playing the Cornell Big Red. The Cornell Big Red survive 47-44 in triple OT when running back Stephen Whitaker puts the ball into the end zone on a speed sweep. The Cornell Big Red survived a missed 30 yard FG that would have won the game in Regulation. The Cornell Big Red overcame injury to their starting QB Will Rogers early on in the first quarter(mercifully only out for this game). The Cornell Big Red overcame the fact that their new prized recruit Jeff King did not complete a single pass in 4 attempts and threw 2 interceptions. In addition, Cornell overcame the fact that they only completed one pass in the entire game, a pass from third string Blake Cutler that was completed for 12 yards in the first OT on 3rd and 13 which forced a FG. The Big Red also overcame one of the most ridiculous plays in the first half when UMass Senior QB Andrew Mayfield threw a 45 yard TD pass off of his back foot instead of getting sacked. In other words, this game tried everything in its power to cause the Big Red to lose the home opener but the Big Red found a way to survive and win this crazy contest.

The game was a wild one in the first half with UMass actually managing a 24-21 lead. UMass couldn't figure out a way to stop Cornell's "double option" attack and Umass would just not be stopped as their senior QB would make big play after big play on 3rd down throughout the entire contest. Cornell did rally from a 31-21 deficit to send the game to OT at 31-31 thanks to a pick 6 from one of their young corners. In the overtime period, Cornell would win the coin toss and would go on defense and would hold UMass to a FG. However, after two failed option runs from King, Cornell would go to their third string QB who would complete Cornell's first pass of the game and would be stopped one yard short. Cornell would kick the tying FG after debating whether or not to go for it on 4th and inches. In the second OT, Cornell would power behind their FB Kalechi Johnson and would ultimately score on a 1 yard run from King to give Cornell a chance to play defense to make the stop. Naturally UMass would make the plays and would score to tie the game at 41-41. UMass in the 3rd OT would ironically be stopped inches short on 3rd down and would kick the FG to take a 44-41 lead. Cornell would then get a pair of first downs and after pounding inside, pounding inside and pounding inside some more, Cornell would catch UMass unprepared on the Speed Sweep with their speedster RB Stephen Whitaker to score the winning TD at 47-44.

Cornell ran the ball 63 times for 339 yards. 6'6 Freshman QB Jeff King ran the ball 32 times for 168 yards and 3 TD's while FB Kalechi Johnson would run the ball time 19 times for 120 yards. Whitaker would add his obligatory 18 yards. Cornell completed 1 pass on the game for 12 yards. UMass 6'6 Senior QB Andrew Mayfield played his heart out in defeat going 25/37 for 324 yards 4 TD and 2 INT's(both INT's returned for a touchdown).

Cornell's normal starting QB Will Rogers is expected to return for next week's game against Syracuse on the road. So at the very least, Coach Crumb knows he has some options(no pun intended) if his starter goes out again. Does he continue with his freshman running star? Does he actually utilize the better passer in Billy Cutler and not run as much option attack?

It just depends ultimately. It just depends.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

JQwon13 - are you planning on doing an all-freshman team again this season? If not, I'd be interested in doing it.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I think he said doubtful. I've just got the Guard's and Center's left on the All Nikpin Offense but will have to finish either after the Cowboys game tonight or tomorrow morning as I'm headed to the game now.

6. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Howard pulls off a win after falling behind 21-0, they fight their way back to win 35-27

Rice has some nasty dbs catching anything in the vicinity as they looked like ballerinas spinning and twisting in the air to pick off 4 passes. Howards dbs proved why they are on defense as they deflected 12, yes TWELVE, passes...coach q was overheard asking if stickem was allowed in college football...

• Like Like x 1
  7. IrishBearcat

Nice job coming back down 21 to improve your team to 1-0. Keep that momentum rollin!

8. IrishBearcat

Dartmouth will kickoff it's season tonight as they travel to Piscataway, NJ to play Rutgers.

It'll be nice to finally let some of these freshman loose and see what this team is made of this season.

9. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

What's up with crap teams like wake forest on my schedule? :)

I won...

Penn - 42
    Wake - 10

I brought my backups in in the mid third quarter. Nothing too special happened. I primarily just wanted to avoid injuries in this game.

10. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

11. Gyrene76

Lol, nice gif.

12. Gyrene76

Congrats Qwigly

13. Strick

Strick Walk On

watch it!

TAMPA, FL. --- The Bucknell Bison started off the 2015 campaign with a win on a rainy Saturday night over USF by a score of 47-20 thanks in part to the play of Junior QB Ben Brown.

Brown completed 11 of 18 passes for 201 yards and 2 touchdowns, one of which going 76 yards to Senior WR Brian Vickers. He also added a score on the ground as he ran for 100 yards on just 11 attempts.Vickers caught 5 balls for 123 yards in addition to the touchdown.

"We wanted to come out and make a statement," said Brown. "This is a different team than last year, and we wanted to show it on the field."

The Bison racked up 282 yards on the ground, led by Junior RB Peter Setzer, who also ran for 100 yards and a touchdown. Prized recruit Chris Jennings had 54 yards on 8 attempts and a touchdown before suffering an injury that might sideline him for a few weeks.

"Losing Chris hurts, but it gives other guys a chance to step up," said Coach Josh Strickland, who was coaching in just his 6th game for the Bison. "I really liked what Mac Brown came in and did."

Brown, who had just 2 attempts, ran for 28 yards including a crucial 19 yard run on a 3rd down conversion prior to half. The Bison hope to have Jennigs back in time for league play.

"We're not going to rush the injury," Strickland said. "Winning games in the conference is what's really important to the overall success of this team and season."

The Bison turned USF over 4 times - all interceptions. Burditt Hurst accounted for two of them, including one just before half allowing the Bison to convert another score before intermission.

The Bison improve to 1-0 - their first winning record in 2 seasons. They travel to Tempe, AZ for their next game against the Arizona State Sun Devils.

Bucknell 14 17 7 9 47
    USF 0 17 3 0 20

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Gyrene76

lol at the watch it...

nice win.

15. Strick

Strick Walk On

We both finished 5-7, so I guess we're in the same boat Mr. Vol!

16. Gyrene76

ah, you are a wake fan...now it makes sense.

My team sucks right now. I'll be the first to admit it man.

17. IrishBearcat

Great win Strick , it always blows to lose a player early in the season. Hopefully he returns the week after I face Bucknell. :cool:

18. DirtycashDylan

I like to schedule Ivy-like teams non-conference.

19. Gyrene76

I was just kidding...

...but you did play Auburn. They are the antithesis of "Ivy". Heck, they have one of the lowest standards academically in the SEC.

20. DirtycashDylan

Yes, I know. Auburn was the only top 5 matchup I could schedule week 1. The conference champion gets a showcase game in week 1 in case you didn't know.

Wake is a regular participant in our non conference because of their academics and their proximity.

21. Gyrene76

What are you a lawyer?

• Like Like x 1
  22. IrishBearcat

Rutgers bitched slapped me for 4 quarters. Ouch :(

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Temple let the OWLS out on me. Almost cost me a controller bigger than crap. Had around 747 passing trying to catch up. 59-50 was final and there was some shenanigans going on with their DBs ghosting my WRs and coming through them for INTs. Wish my guys could accomplish this feat. On a good note though I feel that my program is on the up and up because my WRs couldn't catch the clap with a $100 bill in their teeth so they dang sure ain't gonna catch a ball where they get hit.

24. Gyrene76

Lol, let the owls out on you.

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Who needs defense?