Week 2, 2017 (B1G-SEC Challenge)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Great job with week 1 guys, loving the team pages so far. All very unique with some nice content. Keep it up. This week is a challenge, of sorts, between the Big Ten and the SEC with two big user games on the docket. Texas and Ohio State have arguably been the two dominant teams of this dynasty, and one could seperate itself from the pack with a win. Alabama and Wisconsin are hoping to make a big leap forward and win its conferences this season. We also have Iowa from the Big Ten taking on up-and-coming North Carolina from the ACC. I win for Iowa could give them great momentum going forward. But its not the just user games that are intriguing. Oklahoma opens up SEC for the first time with a very tough matchup against Auburn and Michigan begins its season with a nice matchup against Stanford.​
    #16 Florida vs. Mississippi State​
    #11 Michigan vs. #16 Stanford​
    #4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Auburn​
    #23 North Carolina vs. Iowa
    #7 Notre Dame vs. Florida State​
    #2 Wisconsin vs. #3 Alabama
    User Game of the Week: #1 Ohio State vs. #6 Texas

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

jandy when are you available?

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

Anytime tonight works for me

4. jandy

jandy Walk On

I see you're on now, I'm down to play if you want

5. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

I'm excited to play myself...can't WAIT! :)

6. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

So yeah...I probably just played my worst game of NCAA Football but still had a chance to beat a good Stanford team.

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Big Ten struggling so far this week! I'm sure you'll bounce back though, too much talent on that team

8. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Antonio T. hey man when are u available to play this game?

9. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, I should've gotten blown out the way I was playing but the defense kept making plays. Stanford must have a pretty stout defense too because they manhandled my O-Line all game and it was hard to find open receivers.

10. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

COMEBACK COMES UP SHORT AS GATORS AND COACH RANSOM FALL IN SEASON DEBUT!!

The #18 Florida Gators came into today's game with expectations of winning the SEC. That took a hit today as the Gators fell to the Bulldogs of Miss. State 37-30. The Bulldogs control the ball with a balanced offense to the tune of 523 yards of total offense with 225 coming from the ground. Junior QB Justin Whitlock played a good game throwing for 298 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Gators were slow coming out the gate with the only touchdown in the 1st half coming from a 94 yard kickoff return from Corey Anderson. James Tanner threw for 261 and 2 touchdowns but the offense wasnt in sync like Coach Ransom wanted. James Lewis and Tommy White combined for 12 carries for 54 and that can't happen if the Gators want to return to the SEC title game. With a week off and rival Tennessee on the horizon, it makes that game even more important for the Gators.

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Michigan Upset in Home Opener 20-14
    [​IMG]
    Unable to shake off a very slow start, the 11th-ranked Wolverines fall to #16 Stanford. QB Jon Huff and the Michigan never really got anything going with only 146 yards of total offense and turning the ball over 3 times, but the defense played fairly well and made some big plays to give the Wolverines a chance for the win. Unfortunately for Michigan, Huff was definitely in the Christmas spirit and seemed to throw a pick every time the defense made a big stop. Heading into the Half, Stanford held a 14-0 lead but Michigan showed their first signs of life as CB Dustin Bryan picked off Stanford QB Joel Schultz on their first possession of the 2nd Half and returned it 48 yards for a TD. Later in the 4th, the Michigan offense finally put together a scoring drive and pulled to within 3 points after a 33-yard one-handed TD catch by WR Sterling Edwards. However, the comeback attempt would fall short as Huff was intercepted twice in the final 3 minutes.
    Next, Michigan looks to bounce back when they host the Commodores of Vanderbilt.
    Stanford
    QB Joel Schultz - 13/21, 125 YDS, INT, 5 RUSH, 19 YDS
    HB Chad Patrick - 23 RUSH, 136 YDS, TD
    WR Ray Moore - 4 REC, 34 YDS
    OLB - Charles Bennett - 3 TKLS, SCK
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 8/15, 88 YDS, TD, 3 INT
    HB Samson Whitworth - 14 RUSH, 65 YDS
    WR Sterling Edwards - 3 REC, 54 YDS, TD
    OLB Ed Rust - 4 TKLS, SCK, FF

• Like Like x 1
  12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Notre Dame vs FSU is scheudled for tonight at 9pm Central 10pm Eastern!

I've got you added allready bro so just send invite when you're ready to go.

13. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa-31
    North Carolina- 3
    write up to come within the hours

14. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

SOONERS START STRONG​
    Norman opened Saturday with the usual pomp and circumstance of opening weekend, but this year the SEC emblem shown brightly on the field. In the Sooners first SEC matchup, a rare conference game to start the year, the Sooners showed that they are combustible enough to keep up with the SEC. The game started with a quick back and forth with the Sooners going three and out on their first drive. They quickly responded with their first of four interceptions, and the game began to take its eventual up and down flow. The Tigers struck first when Ray Rhodes broke away from some shoddy Oklahoma coverage in the first quarter, only to have the Sooners strike back on the next drive with a long pass to Early King.​
    In the second quarter, the Sooners struck gold again on, surprise, a long pass to Early King giving them a 14-7 lead. However, the Tigers then went on a 21 point swing thanks to two Serge Nash turnovers and an absolutely ridiculous punt return to the house by Tigers return man James Gordon. I have never, EVER seen a player break so many tackles, both big hits and simple wrap up tackles, on his way to the house. After that embarrassing display of special teams, Fishdock called once again on Early King for his 3rd TD of the first half, and the teams headed into the tunnels with the Tigers holding a 28-21 lead. ​
    After some second half adjustments, the Sooners finally took the game in to their own hands in the third quarter and scored 17 straight points combined with a stifling defense against Auburn. Grant Hayes, filling in for injured RB Sylvester Armstrong certainly made a name for himself by helping the Sooners control the clock in the third while Early King found the end zone two more times. King certainly established himself as the deep threat he was expected to be, but also proved in this game to be the only receiver that could consistently catch the ball when it was thrown to him. The Sooners continued to rely on RS Junior Hayes' work between the tackles to get the game to its endpoint, and even saw him plunge across the goalline early in the fourth to put the icing on the cake. The Sooners survived their first SEC test, and for at least one week, seem deserving of their #4 preseason ranking.​
    Next week proves to be quite the challenge as last year's Big 12 runner up, Georgia Tech hosts the Sooners, who look to avenge last year's loss in Atlanta.​

• Like Like x 1
  15. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Sounds like some drama throughout the league! I hope I can add with an upset victory!

16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Notre Dame 24 FSU 17

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

good fight

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

It looks like we've got a new contender in the ACC because the new head ball coach at FSU Coach Macc took perrenial power Notre Dame to nearly OT before the Fighting Irish defense stood tall.

Stat of the game? ND holding FSU to just 31 yards rushing on 29 attempts. "A piss poor effort" Macc said about his offense. The lone bright spot was QB Pennington who accounted for a touchdown through the air and threw a costly interception that was thrown in Irish territory.

Antonio Howell and Corey Givens had interceptions for the Seminole D who allowed 275 yards of offense on the day. The Irish were held to 50% 3rd down conversion and the turnover battle was not lost - this is a formula Coach Macc credits winning these types of games to.

"Holding your opponent, top 10 ranked to 24 points.... just 7 in the 2nd half? 50% redzone percentage? No big plays, or really long gains.... this is a recipe for an upset victory on the road. We came damn near close today, we were one defensive stop away from getting the ball back. Costly mistakes in our redzone.... I thought MLB Hale was gonna pick that one off.... heartbreaker. Would've given us the ball and that next drive we scored so it would've tied the game.... really close. We'll get em next year"

MANNNN THAT INTERCEPTION IN THE ENDZONE! On your passing TD omgggg wth!? My MLB was RIGHT THERE I timed it perfectly he jumps up and falls on his back like the animation when they make that interception I didn't know if he had it or not! I celebrated YOUR touchdown coz I thought I got it back. OMG so frustrated lol whatta game dude I see us having some BATTLES. I loved the connection and gameflow, real glad you're my sub conf opponent cheers bro I need a cold one after that

• Like Like x 1
  19. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Also dropped picks dropped picks dropped picks. That one that would've went for a pick 6 undoubtedly.... compelte user played and woulv'e been user caught.... sigh... my team just isn't rated that great right now. We need some good young talent I'm gonna need to clean house recruiting this year. Gonna hope to bring in some big boys. My OLines awful 5 sacks gimme a break. Your pass rush was NASTY too, ps.

ALSO everybody after that game is now RTA.

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes make statement in beating Texas
    Despite opening the season as the No. 1-ranked team in the country, there were several questions surrounding the Ohio State football team. Could the Buckeyes replace the production from the likes of Ray Hall, Tavaris McLaurin, Jonathan McKnight, Jalen Bush and several others? Could Malik Brown handle the bulls-eye that comes with being the defending national champs?

Those questions and more were answered with a resounding "yes," as the Buckeyes defeated then-No. 6 Texas, 38-28.

OSU ran, ran and ran some more, racking up a total of 251 rushing yards against a Texas defense that couldn't seem to find an answer for OSU's new-found commitment to the ground game. Brown led the team with 171 yards on 15 carries, none bigger than the 86-yard scamper in the second quarter that flipped field position and momentum into OSU's favor. Tailback Aaron Anderson chipped in with a tough 80 yards of his own, and a score.

With Brown and Anderson running behind a game offensive line, Texas struggled to get OSU off the field. In all, OSU converted on 6-of-10 third downs, while Texas struggled to a 2-for-10 rate.

With the win OSU improves to 2-0 on the season and maintains its number one ranking. With Wisconsin and Michigan both looking vulnerable in losses last week, OSU seems to be in good position for a repeat as Big Ten and national champions, but it's still very early in the season. OSU is off this week with a bye.

[​IMG]
    Michael Baker hauls in a score to give OSU a 35-28 lead, one they would not relinquish

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I thought I might have gotten picked on that one too. I saw my WR lined up against your LB so I put it up real fast.

Good game man. You played very tough D and kept yourself in it. I couldn't run consistently to milk the clock so you kept getting possessions.

For me the play of the game was the fumble returned for a TD. You were driving and having some success when you scrambled with your QB. Unfortunately for you it was right into my best LB who was spying. Then one of my fastest DBs picked it up and it was off to the races.

You and our new Florida user are going to clean it up in the state of FL so your talent will definitely improve soon. I need to build a FL pipeline now that I'm in the ACC.

22. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

That would be wise lol I'm loving where recruitings going if I can land some of the guys I have a shot at right now we could be in business next year.

23. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I'm going to have a small class this year and I lost over 7 hours of recruiting time the first week because the server dropped while I was recruiting. I think this years class is going to be mediocre at best. I did pretty well the last two seasons. No real superstars but a lot of solid guys. I need a few more difference makers. I'm glad whoever was Notre Dame before me recruited my QB JR Gant though.

24. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

As Florida, most of the recruits will be from the Sunshine State. Me and LongGONE24 will def have some fun recruiting battles.