Week 2 2017

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Mar 1, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan won 38-0 against Miami University (0-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host Central Michigan (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) C Cliff Cook has committed to Syracuse

=============== Idaho Vandals (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 41-14 against Iowa State (0-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host Washington State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Rob Mitchell has committed to Nevada
    - (***) FS Scott Harrison has committed to Idaho
    - (****) CB Antonio Spurlock has committed to USC

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 47-14 against Michigan State (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Akron (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Eugene Kramer has committed to Kent State
    - (****) LE Donald Bell has committed to Kent State
    - (****) TE Ronald Butler has committed to Kent State
    - (****) C Adrian Yates has committed to Clemson
    - (****) RG Damon Cooper has committed to USC
    - (****) DT Dan Monroe has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #15 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 45-31 against Penn State (0-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 49-7 against Kansas State (0-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Auburn to face the #8 Auburn Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Marcus Wood has committed to Miami

=============== #17 Army Black Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 52-45 against Tennessee (0-1).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Philadelphia to face the Temple Owls (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Brent Moore has committed to UCF
    - (***) CB Ryan Alston has committed to Army

=============== #14 Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 63-10 against Central Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Ann Arbor to face the #21 Michigan Wolverines (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Robert Brown has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 31-28 against Arkansas (0-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host North Texas (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Danny Bryant has committed to Arkansas State

=============== #16 Utah State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 38-28 against Georgia (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Provo to face the BYU Cougars (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Joel Newby has committed to Washington
    - (****) DT Rob King has committed to Houston
    - (***) FS Scott Harrison has committed to Idaho
    - (****) CB Andrew Lee has committed to Florida State
    - (****) WR Robert Brown has committed to Western Michigan

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 28-20 against Cincinnati (0-1).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Baton Rouge to face the #2 LSU Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Danny Bryant has committed to Arkansas State

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 38-14 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Knoxville to face the #20 Tennessee Volunteers (0-1).

=============== #25 UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 28-21 against Stanford (0-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Louisiana Tech (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Bobby Jenkins has committed to UL Lafayette

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

#25 ULL - 70
    LTU - 0

Well thats more like it. This was another good game for my Defense, pitching the shut out and preserving it with some clutch redzone take aways, two of which went for longggg TDs. Unlike last game my rushing attack was at its peak, while my passing offense was almost non existant (Josh Wright : 3-8 2 TDs 0 INT). Titus Cox was a man, rushing 15 times for 231 yards and 2 TDs. As good as those numbers were however he was still outclassed by another RB, this one a true freshman. Former 4* recruit Justin McNeil had one of the best debuts I've ever seen a player make. He only rushed it 8 times however he racked up 167 yards 3 btk and 3 TDs. His first 2 runs ever in the collegiate ranks went for TDs. He's only my number 3 HB but holy shit did he make his mark, he earned himself many more carries in the future. Soph DE Paul Swain was the Defensive MVP making 9, thats right 9, TFL and recording 7 sacks (only 2 were user controlled). many of these were due to the fact that LTU liked to run the hurry up but dont have the OLine depth nor stamina to run it effectively so many times he got to go up against a FB or a DT, oh and he did all of this by the beginning of the 3rd qtr. Freshman DT/DE Sterling Archer had a pretty good game as well recording 5 tackles, 2 TFL and a sack. Ragin Cajuns now look forward to their toughest test yet as the vaunted Florida Gators get ready to roll into town.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

What? Couldn't get 80?

• Like Like x 3
  4. xtreme snoopy

7 pts more than nik scored last week... starters sat the second half and I kneeled the majority of the 4th

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Should we penalize LSU for running up the score? They threw up 75 on AJ, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Snoop I didn't see your score on the dynasty wire or whatever when I played my game if It matters...

7. xtreme snoopy

yeah lookin like it didnt save for some reason... gonna have to replay it here in a sec

8. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eastern Michigan 31- Central Michigan 10

Ypsilanti, Michigan - At least for one year, the worst team in the state of Michigan doesn't reside in Ypsilanti. The Eagles controlled the contest from the onset taking the opening possession down for a touchdown and never looked back wracking up a non-swiss 28-7 lead into the half that would not be relinquished. The second half was very non-descript with both teams managing only a field goal despite both teams having a couple of decent opportunities to score more. The defense has played a quite a bit better, especially the front seven which gives me a bit of hope moving forward.

The Eagles now welcome the academically inept and gorgonzola filled Western Michigan Broncs to the R for their annual bloodba... err, rivalry match.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Cheater IYAM. Prolly lost to La Tech and now looking for the restart.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

#16 Utah State escapes Provo with a 34-27 win over BYU

[​IMG]

Sixteenth ranked Utah State carried the momentum of last weeks win over #9 UGA to score 17 unanswered points in the 1st quarter against BYU to take a 17-0 lead. BYU finally scored on a TD with 9 seconds remaining in the first. With 1 minute remaining in the half, BYU was forced to settle on a field goal, cutting the lead to 17-10. USU QB Gerald Butler, who is filling in for the injured Coleman, was sacked and fumbled, leading to another BYU field goal as time ticked off leading to halftime; Aggies leading 17-13. BYU would strike first in the 2nd half, on an 8 yard TD pass to take the lead, 20-17. Utah State finally ended the 20 unanswered points with a 42 yard field goal early in the 4th quarter to tie. As Utah State looked to take the lead, QB Butler threw a pass that was tipped by BYU LB Rich and tipped to himself and intercepted, and returned for 44 yards to take a 27-20 BYU lead with 4:45 to go. USU HB Billy McClain was knocked out of the game, so the Aggies put the faith in back-up Jason Robinson, who delivered, scoring on a 71 yard TD run to tie the game. The Aggies forced a punt and drove down field, scoring the game winning TD on a 1 yard run by Robinson with 12 seconds remaining.

Sophomore JUCO transfer QB Gerald Butler went 19-34 for 300 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTS, and also fumbled 3 times. Player of the game surprisingly goes to HB Jason Robinson who carried 9 times for 99 yards and 2 TDs.

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Atta boy crumb! 2-0 right?

12. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Indeed, indeed. I'm feeling better about this team as I thought I might.

13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

So you did end up going with that freak of nature JUCO SO? Good choice.

Edit: I saw that he is filling in due to injury...my bad.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

@DirtycashDylan

You been noticing a lot of holding penalties? I had 6 in week 1

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

@DirtycashDylan

+1 on blondies question. Also are any sliders different than the bowls last year? I've had some subpar guys playing like animals against my D, but it could be my D too, they seem lost without Sherman at SS.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Army does work in week 2. With starting RB Victor Harrison sidelined with an injury this week Army looked to their backups to establish their run game and did exactly that. HB Kevin Thomas moved the ball for 146 yds and 1TD on 22 carries while his backup carried 11 times for 62 yds and 3TD. The Army defense is still ironing some bumps out with their life after Patrick Sherman but played solid giving up only 7 points and forcing 4 turnovers against Temple. Army looks to gear up for their Early C-USA opener against JQwon and his Kent State squad.​

17. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Same thing here... my team and the cpu's team both get about 7-8 holding penalties a game a piece. Pretty ridiculous.

18. xtreme snoopy

During my 1st game I only had about 2 holding calls but I think the computer had about 9

In my replay it looked toned down a tad, I had 4 they had 1

19. xtreme snoopy

REPLAY

ULL - 70
    LTU - 21

This game was rainy which resulted in lots of turnovers. LTU had 4 fumbles and 3 INTs. Wright went 12-27 for 280 yards and 4 TDs. Cox had 13 carries for 160 yards and 2 TDs. Freshman sensation Justin McNeil touched it 6 times for 105 yards and a TD. My Oline played god awful giving up 7 sacks. Freshman CB Joey Manning had 9 tackles a pick 6 and a fumble recovery for a TD. Time to get ready for the gators

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The problem is, holding penalties are much more frequent on running plays. That's why the computer is getting called for more.

21. Full Moon Fever

Idaho beats rival Washington State 35-14. This one was ugly. 13 combined turnovers. I'd drive the field and then fumble or throw a stupid interception. Rice threw for 400+. Pitts and Eric Johnson each had close to a hundred yards on the ground. For some reason Washington State sometimes gives me fits. Looking forward to Michigan making their return trip to the Kibbie Dome next week. I'll never forgive those bastards.

22. DirtycashDylan

Rival and bowl opponents play you tougher, I'm sure of it.

23. Full Moon Fever

I wonder if that works both ways. For the first two seasons the only CPU game I won was against rival Boise State.

24. xtreme snoopy

Sorry for the shameless plug but I wanted to make sure everyone sees it. I have created an All freshman team under the NFL Draft/Dyl Steel Sub forum (similar to the All-NP team). Please take a moment to see if your player was selected!

25. DirtycashDylan

Not sure if everyone else has played yet or not but I'm not gonna get to advance til this afternoon. My fool-proof system for paying my bills (the utility company shuts off my service and I pay the bill) was thwarted by UVerse and their 'business hours only' approach to bill paying by phone.