Week 2 2018

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Apr 8, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan won 24-7 against Akron (0-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host Central Michigan (0-0).

=============== #21 Idaho Vandals (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 33-30 against Oklahoma (0-1).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (0-0).

=============== #25 Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 56-3 against Notre Dame (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host #15 Ohio State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Patrick Perry has committed to Kent State
    - (****) RT Seth Robinson has committed to Georgia
    - (*****) LG Luke Wagner has committed to Miami
    - (*****) FS Frank Hudson has committed to Ohio State

=============== #18 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 56-0 against Georgia Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Auburn to face the #11 Auburn Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Trae Johnson has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 53-21 against UTEP (0-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Fresno to face the #19 Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LG Luke Wagner has committed to Miami
    - (***) CB Alex Holland has committed to UAB

=============== Army Black Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 45-17 against Air Force (0-1).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Pittsburgh (1-0).

=============== #6 Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 49-17 against Purdue (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos will host #22 Notre Dame (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Michael McCarty has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) C Joe Morris has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) TE Kedrick Moore has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) QB Joe O'Connor has committed to Western Michigan
    - (****) RT Arthur Leslie has committed to USC
    - (*****) WR James Dingle has committed to Oregon

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 41-24 against Baylor (0-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host #16 LSU (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Carlton May has committed to SMU
    - (***) RT Charles Mathis has committed to Northwestern

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Eugene to face the #4 Oregon Ducks (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Josh Dortch has committed to Fresno State
    - (****) QB Terrance Ferguson has committed to Stanford

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 45-21 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Ruston to face the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Ira McLaurin has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) LE Chad Monroe has committed to UL Monroe
    - (****) MLB Aaron Meyer has committed to Alabama

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 28-25 against Colorado (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Jim Woods has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 54-17 against Tulsa (0-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Houston (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Trae Johnson has committed to Western Kentucky

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Be a commish and post the DW

3. DirtycashDylan

You know what, now I'm NOT gonna post it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Hooooooooooooooooly crap.

Talk about pissing it away. I come out in the first half and just roll Boise. I'm up 34-10 at the beginning of the second half and I kind of just start dicking around and experimenting. That's fine in the 3rd quarter because I had a big lead and Boise didn't get much. And then in the 4th quarter they just kick it into overdrive and I can't get a stop to save my life. Their defenders are everywhere. My line won't block. I'm getting hit and throwing bad balls and they're getting miracle interceptions. Psychic, elevating linebackers and defensive linemen with mad ups. I finally catch a break and get a touchdown to put me up 41-31 late in the 4th. But then they score and it's within 3. So I've got the ball with two minutes left and I attempt to run the clock out. The Islander, Eric Johnson, isn't playing this game though, and Boise stuffs the run. On 3rd and long I throw a ball for an open receiver that gets batted up in the air and ultimately picked off. Great. Less than two minutes left and I'm up 3. I hold them to a fourth down and 1, and they make a good call with a wide receiver screen. I'll give'em that. Then they make a few more plays, and my idiot safety decides to tackle their receiver after a long gain on the 1 yardline. With 39 seconds left. I call timeout because I know I'm going to need time and I'm pissed at my safety for tackling him. At any rate, they punch it in on the next play to go up 45-41 with :34 left. I'm pissed, but I've done this before a time or two. On first down, they're all dropped into a deep zone and I hit a guy on a short curl and get out of bounds after 10 yards. 28 seconds left. On the next play, I hit my target over the middle. Wide open, I cut it upfield and get to about midfield before I'm hit and fumble. Boise recovers. 18 seconds left. Their ball at midfield. Up 4. My heart just freaking sank. What a terrible feeling after being up that big. I'm so pissed off. My only hope is if somehow they don't kneel it (I have two timeouts left). They come out and do this...

Far and away the #1 ranked game for me. What a freaking game. That's potato magic.

5. Full Moon Fever

WTF is the DW?

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Dynasty Wire

7. Full Moon Fever

Crap. I kept thinking "Weekly Update" and was trying to figure out what the hell that meant. This is what happens when I'm still awake at damn near 2 AM when I have to get up every day at 6. Adios.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

[​IMG]

9. Full Moon Fever

Where was I whining? Just stating facts amigo.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State Upsets #4 Oregon; 38-10

Got the momentum early and destroyed Oregon in the Autzen zoo. was up 38-0 with over 2 minutes left in the second quarter. Went into half with a 38-3 lead and grinded out the clock. Only score of the second half was a Duck TD. Player of the Game goes to the new starting QB, Gerald Butler, for going 12-15 for 239 yards 4 TDs and 0 INTs. Utah State hosts Houston in week 3.

11. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

• Like Like x 5
  12. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Will be home from work at 7 ET to play my game.

13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Wow you lucky fuck... what was Boise thinking?

14. Full Moon Fever

I don't know. They couldve kneeled it out as I only had two timeouts left.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I'm going to the horse races after class so I'll play tonight if I can see straight.

16. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Does Centech already have luckiest user locked down after 2 games this year? I'll have to try to top him.

17. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eagles Win Defensive Struggle vs Central Michigan
    Ypsilanti, Michigan - Who says that they don't play defense in H4Y? The Eagles and Chippewas played a scoreless first half in which both teams had an opportunity to score but both defenses would come up with key defensive plays to prevent the other from scoring. The key offensive player for the Eagles was running back Charlie Vaughn who carried the offensive load carrying the ball 35 times for 192 yards and a key touchdown in the fourth quarter.
    The scoring in the contest began at the 2:44 mark in the third quarter when the Eagles took advantage of a good punt and three and out giving them good field position at the CMU 42 yard line. The defenses would continue to be stingy though as the Eagles would only be able to manage a 37 yard field goal from Josh Newby to push the score to 3-0. On the ensuing CMU possession, the Eagles would score the first touchdown of the contest defensively when DL Tim Cross got in the way of a CMU option attempt and took it to the house to make the score 10-0.
    It looked for a long while in this game that the only touchdown would be that defensive one. The Eagles would tack on a field goal at the 4:34 mark to make it 13-0. However, Central Michigan decided to wake up and would score a touchdown at the 2:24 mark on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line to make the score 13-7. The Eagles though on the very next play would take a Charlie Vaughn run 83 yards for a TD which would ultimately seal the contest at 20-7. After a failed CMU possession, EMU would then force the Chippewas to use their 3 timeouts and would tack on one more field goal to make it 23-7 at the 1:19 mark. CMU would drive down for a C. Brown 17 yard pass reception from Fitzpatrick to make the score 23-13, but a failed 2 point conversion ultimately ended the chances for the Chips. With the onside kick safely in the Eagles hands, the Eagles earned this hard fought victory in Ypsilanti 23-13.
    "Cross's play was a thing of beauty in this defensive war" said Coach Crumb. "This game sort of felt like some of the lucky contests that the other H4Y users have had against us. We'd play hard and then we'd watch the opponent make a huge play against us. This time we did it to the Chips."
    The Eagles continue their MAC tour with a contest at Ball State next week.

18. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

The Blue Raiders destroy the Blue Devils.

I really started to pull away in the 2nd half. Juco JR QB Bobby Cooper continued to impress accounting for 4 TDs(2 passing and 2 rushing). My defense came up huge getting 6 turnovers including a beastly hit on a ball carrier followed by my linebacker picking it up and running it back for 80+ yards to the house. I really found my comfort zone using the triple option this game. THe different players who played fullback had alot of success taking the option handoff and getting a consistent 4-5 yards every play. With Bobby Cooper breaking tackles from the QB position and my fullbacks and halfbacks making timely runs, I really feel like I'm starting to get in the groove and run the fleXbox One the way it is supposed to be ran to be successful(300+ yards on the ground and 197 in the air). I'm looking forward to my first user game vs Qwon to see how successful this offense can be against his aggressive defense. But first...

Next Up: In state rival Tennessee.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

@DirtycashDylan

I'll play my game tonight when I get home from work around 1130p PST

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I'm sooooo drunk (and sunburnt from the races) I have no idea How I won!

21. DirtycashDylan

I'm so far behind on my content in here.

22. DirtycashDylan

#10 WKU-66
    #11 Auburn-3

We've made it. Auburn didn't have the athletes to compete with me.

23. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MVP: WMU HB Mark Henry 18 Carries 167 Yards 1 TD 8 PR 170 Yards 21.2 Per 1 TD

Play of the Game: Notre Dame closed to within 7 in the first quarter and freshman phenom Steve Washington ripped off a 95 yard TD return to answer back.

Keys To The Game: Controlling the line of scrimmage is becoming a WMU trademark. Notre Dame ran for a paltry 8 yards on 20 carries while WMU reeled off an impressive 37 carries for 268 yards and 4 scores.

Looking Ahead: The Game of the Week as the #5 Western Michigan Broncos head to the Big House to take on the #2 Michigan Wolverines.