Week 2, 2018

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

#3 Alabama vs. Texas A&M​
    #5 Florida @ #16 Arkansas​
    #6 Wisconsin vs. Utah State​
    #19 Michigan @ #12 Stanford​
    #15 North Carolina vs. Arizona​
    #14 Iowa vs. Maryland​
    #4 Texas vs. Texas Tech​
    User Game of the Week: #1 Notre Dame vs. #9 Georgia Tech

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Oh the irony. Being matched up against Utah State lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I'm good tonite anytime after 7 pm cst Cyhiphopp

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Can we play tomorrow night? 9CST would be preferable. I am not going to have a lot of availability tonight.

5. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Cool. C ya then.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks man.

7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

2nd YEAR IN A ROW GATORS LOSE SEASON DEBUT!!

"A new year, a new challenge" that's what Coach Ransom said before their season debut against fellow ranked and SEC opponent Arkansas. With an entire new backfield, wideouts, and o-line, Coach Ransom knew that the 1st month of the new season will be one of many tests this year of the #5 Gators. This test the Gators didn't pass with flying colors as they lost their second straight SEC opener as they lose to the Razorbacks 35-27 in triple overtime. The offense was up and down at times. New starting QB Chad Jackson had a rough start as the 2nd pass of the season was picked off by the Razorbacks. Jackson had a okay game throwing for 214 yards and 3 touchdowns but the offense wasn't really too productive. Jackson 2nd INT came in the 3rd overtime to win the game for the Razorbacks. The running game was awful and that is what Coach Ransom didnt expect. The Gators only had 28 yards on the ground compared to the 139 yards from the Razorbacks. "All we can do is improve. We have no choice but to improve and we shall improve on this performance today." Next week the Gators take on the Missouri Tigers in their SEC home opener.

Florida Gators:
    QB Chad Jackson 20-31 214 yards 3 touchdowns 2 ints
    WR Johnny Gibbs 5 receptions for 69 yards 2 touchdowns
    MLB Chad Thomas 6 tackles 2 tackles for loss 1 sack

Arkansas Razorbacks:
    QB Jeff Hart 14-20 142 yards 57 yards rushing 2 total touchdowns
    RB Stephen Murphy 9 carries 73 yards 1 touchdown
    MLB Chaz Moore 6 tackles 2 sacks 1 forced fumble

8. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Chip Mitchell smashed his helmet against the ground, Marcus Johnson used the collar of his jersey as a mouthguard and Ryan Morgan looked like a fish out of water after FSU's 4 point lead collapsed and the defense allowed 24 straight points. Coach Macc elected to go for it on a promising drive, without a TO... and his QB was sacked as they rushed to the line to get a snap off to spike the ball and stop the clock so the FG unit could come tie the game at 10 going into the half. It was an all around collapse of the entire team - missed tackles, dropped passes, errand throws... you name it. The team was beat in literally every team statistical stat you can name...and this was supposed to be the year the team took a step forward in their ACC run. They had more success in South Bend last year than they did hosting the defending National Champs.

They looked very solid up until the 2nd quarter.

3rd downs were literally a sinch for Heisman winner JR Gant, he executed on most of his passes on 3rd down and FSU had very few stops when they had guys in the right position.

"He just fit throws in tight windows, that's what elite quarterbacks do.... We're all very emotional right now because we wanted to go in and catch them on a Hangover. That looked like it could happen but the final 3 quarters the National Champion Fighting Irish showed up and we got beat by a more physical and talented team. Period"

The coach raved about his young defenses ability to limit Gant on the ground and picking him off twice in the game.... but Gant would go undenied with an 81 yarder in the 3rd and really put the emphasis on the FSU loss.

"We kept him in check, we were hitting him hard and he wasn't getting much on us. But JR Gant acted like JR Gant and he broke some tackles and used some speed to blow past our defenders. We had a good scheme in place, but that\s what champions do - they find ways to beat you. Hats off to Coach Hop and his team... they played great."

The Seminoles soak in their dissatisfaction for 2 weeks as they spend this week on Bye preparing for Duke and week 4 opponent, Georgia Tech.

"We will get over this. We're gonna have to. We've got a tune up game vs. Duke next week and then a must-win vs a heavy favored Georgia Tech squad who had a big win this week over OU. I believe that game will tell us a lot about this team and the direction we're headed. It's early to say must-win but make no mistake about it. For us to get where we want, and need to be - we will need to win that game."

Marcus Johnson did his part in the loss with 4 catches for 71 yards both team highs, he had a sure shot at a 100+ yard game and a touchdown with a deep ball Morgan put RIGHT in his ahnds that wold've put the Noles up... unforuntately the youngster couldn't maintain composure and keep his hands on it despite beating one of the best corners in the nation deep. Chip Mitchell was held to just 2 catches and 31 yards.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I don't know when you are planning to advance Spayer419 but could we push it till about 2 cst tomorrow? I've been battling a flu bug and gotta work in the morning(4am) I made it to half time of my game so it won't take me long to finish tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

You get to scout the future coach.

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Stanford Manhandles Michigan 59-35
    Defense Fails to Show Up in Opener
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Wolverines' passing attack had a monster performance with 532 yards threw the air, but could not overcome 5 turnovers and a dismal defensive performance. Stanford jumped out to an early 14-0 lead before QB Jon Huff hit WR Matt Donaldson for their 1st TD of the day to cut the lead to 7 with about 6 minutes left in the Half. Unfortunately, Stanford was able to take advantage of 3 consecutive Michigan turnovers to jump out to a 31-7 lead before Huff threw his 2nd TD of the day to make it 31-14 at Halftime.
    Huff came out firing in the 2nd Half, scoring back-to-back touchdowns in the 3rd to cut the lead to three. However, the Michigan defense continued their poor play allowing 4 TD runs the rest of the way to blow the game wide open. Some changes are definitely needed for Michigan's relatively young front seven or this could be the start of a dismal season.
    Next, the Wolverines host Central Michigan.
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 20/38, 532 YDS, 5 TD, 3 INT
    HB B Weldon - 13 RUSH, 33 YDS, 3 REC, 52 YDS
    WR Matt Donaldson - 7 REC, 215 YDS, 2 TD
    MLB James James - 10 TKLS
    Stanford
    QB Ronald Washington - 11/14, 107 YDS, TD
    HB Chad Patrick - 41 RUSH, 324 YDS, 5 TD
    TE William Powell - 2 REC, 19 YDS, TD
    M Stewart - 3 TKLS, 2 SCKS, FF

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Tough loss Crum. Stanford is one of those teams that if the CPU decides to run over you, they will. I had a game against them a few seasons ago in one of my leagues and they had over 300 yards rushing. Couldn't pass worth a darn though and i won by 3.

13. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Well at least I'm not the only one lol. Allowing more than 200 yards rushing is just unacceptable to me, unless I'm playing a pure option run team. At least I won't have any trouble throwing it this season :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Just finished my game but now im getting the "Online Dynasty Unavailable" message

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Did anyone saved the file...?

16. jandy

jandy Walk On

I sure hope not...

17. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I haven't saved one since my 1st OD had issues right out of the gate.

18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

19. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

It's fine, it seems to be a problem for just Glen

21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Hopefully it works for Rekka and me tonight. 3rd game between us in 4 league weeks!

22. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I guess he played Georgia in there too, but I had a bye.

23. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

EA servers have been acting like shit the last few days

24. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

cyhiphopp did you guys have any issues connecting?

25. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We got to the third quarter, with Rekkapryde up 28-20. I just scored on a long run to make it 28-26, extra point pending.

Then Rekka lost connection and we had to start over. Rekka was not pleased.

31-21 Notre Dame final the second go round.