Week 2, 2019

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

@longGONE24 lets do this now, please get on​
    #10 Florida vs. Ole Miss​
    #5 Wisconsin vs. #8 Oregon​
    #2 Ohio State @ #15 Florida State
    #4 Texas vs. Baylor​
    #3 Alabama vs. Iowa State​
    Northwestern vs. Temple​
    #6 Oklahoma vs. Georgia​

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

wisconsin_helmet_right.png 2012-oregon-helmet-alt15-left.png
    42 - 10
    The Badgers kick off their season with a huge win against Oregon. Eddie Murphy looked like he was in mid-season form, throwing for 264 Yds and 4 Touchdowns while running for 101 Yd and 1 Touchdown. The speed on the defensive side of the ball looked to be the biggest factor in the game as the Oregon Ducks could not find any holes in the Badgers new 3-4 defense led by Redshirt Freshman SS Tyler Kirkpatrick [13 Tkl 8 solo 1 INT]. The Badgers now have their eyes set on #9 Georgia Tech.​
    ScreenHunter_38 Feb. 21 07.47.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

cyhiphopp looks like it's time again. I can do anytime tonite after 830 pm est.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Do you wanna try and roll around 9CST? I can try for a little earlier if my kids get to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Fine with me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Let's get an adv as early as possible so I can play my game tommorow morning and not hold up the OD at all despite leaving this weekend! That'd be awesome!!!

7. Captain Clutch

Captain Clutch Walk On

Northwestern Wildcats 27 - 10 Temple Owls
    After last season ended in disappointing fashion, and losing a very successful senior class (by Northwestern standards, of course), the Northwestern Wildcats set out to begin the 2019 campaign on the right foot. As the score indicates, they were very much successful. The game started inauspiciously for the Wildcats, going three and out after a running play was busted in the backfield and two awful incompletions by Redshirt Junior Quarterback Brandon Davenport. The Owls, however, started fast and furious, driving into the red zone and poised to score until an untimely fumble stopped the Temple offense dead in their tracks. The Wildcats, however, were unsuccessful on three plays once again, and punted.​
    Defense dominated the first quarter, and it wasn't until 51 seconds remained in the first quarter until points were scored when Brandon Davenport found Joe Harris on 43 yard bomb to go ahead 7-0. After the score, it was the Temple offense who found difficulty moving the football. Dropped passes were largely to blame, thwarting the Owls passing attack and affirming a mediocre day for Senior Quarterback Brandon Wiley. After a punt, Andrew Magnum, the Wildcats' Senior RB, powered the offense into the red zone, but could not quite punch the ball home. Northwestern settled for a short field goal, taking a 10-0 lead into the locker room after an otherwise uneventful second quarter.​
    In what seemed like a role reversal coming out of the locker room, Temple RB Andrew Morgan powered his team to the red zone, but the Owls could not get the job done, settling for a field goal and had the Wildcats looking for answers on how to stop the ground attack. After a Northwestern punt, they were able to force a fumble on the ensuing Temple possession. Andrew Church forced the fumble on what would be his only tackle of the game. He made it count, however, and gave his offense a short field to work with. The Wildcats capitalized, as Brandon Davenport found Luke Martin in the end zone for a score which gave Northwestern a two possession lead once again.​
    The Owls would not go away, however, as they were able to methodically work their way into the end zone to begin the fourth quarter with a balanced attack including numerous draws and play action fakes to keep the Wildcats on their heels. Temple FB Christian Simpson found pay dirt on a one yard run. Another stalled drive for the Wildcats gave the Owls an opportunity to tie the game in the middle of the fourth quarter, but the Northwestern secondary eliminated any possibility of a comeback, collecting two interceptions on two consecutive series. The Wildcats would add a field goal and a touchdown for good measure, starting the season off on the right foot with a win over a quality Temple team.​
    Player of the Game (According to the Game): Brandon Davenport, 8/23, 94 Yards, 2 Passing TDs, 14 Rushes, 21 Yards, 1 Rushing TD​
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Andrew Magnum: 24 Rushes, 151 Yards
    Joe Harris: 2 Receptions, 49 Yards, 1 Touchdown​
    Kenneth Moore: 5 Solo Tackles, 4 Assisted Tackles, 2 TFL​
    Temple Owls
    Brandon Wiley: 5/20, 44 Yards, 2 INTs
    Andrew Morgan: 19 Rushes, 113 Yards​
    Talib McKinney: 2 Receptions, 10 Yards​
    Jake Freund: 6 Solo Tackles, 9 Assisted Tackles, 1 TFL​
    David Scott: 4 Solo Tackles, 2 Assisted Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF​
    Extra Points:​
    • Andrew Magnum recorded the first 100-yard rushing performance under Coach Clutch's regime.
    • Brandon Davenport had the single worst passing performance ever in terms of Completions, Yards, and Passer Rating for a Coach Clutch team across all dynasties.
    • Somehow, despite looking downright terrible, he managed to not throw a pick and earn player of the game honors
    • Temple had as many dropped passes as they had completions (5)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  8. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I had to reschedule to tonight at 9:30 CST. I had some marital issues come up. Sorry.

10. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Glad you guys got your game in, and hope everyone is ok in real life as well.

Spayer419, is there an ETA on advance? Northwestern and I are just trying to schedule our game. Ty

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Doing it now. Sorry for the delay, had a kind of crazy night