Week 2 2020

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by macc24usc, Apr 14, 2013.

1. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

USER GAME OF THE WEEK
    #21 Miami @ #13 Florida​
    Week One Offensive Player of the Week
    QB Mark Martin (Oklahoma) 22/32 431yards 7TD, 6 car 18 yards 1TD​
    Week One Defensive Player of the Week
    OLB Peter Myrick 2 tackles 1TFL, 1sack, 2FF, FR​
    Clearly Oklahoma got off to a HOT start behind their new QB. Martin went hammer time and Myrick turned the ball over anytime he got involved in a play. Deadly combo for Coach fishdock moving forward and into the Sooners SEC schedule. Martin and Myrick will be put to the test this week as they host the Crimson Tide and Coach jandy who have retribution on their mind this season.​
    Other notable games include #3 Auburn at #5 Florida State and Michigan @ #14 UNC.​
    =============== #5 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 48-21 against Oregon (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #3 Auburn (1-0).

=============== #6 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Yellow Jackets were idle.
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host #1 Ohio State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Richard Robinson has committed to Stanford
    - (*****) RT Jabari Manning has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Northwestern Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Northwestern targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Pat Carey has committed to TCU
    - (*****) RE Darren Burke has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) WR Mark Brady has committed to North Carolina

=============== #15 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #7 USC (0-0).

=============== #24 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 38-31 against Texas A&M (0-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Norman to face the #4 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Joe Hobbs has committed to FIU

=============== #10 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0).

=============== #2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 24-13 against Penn State (0-1).
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host Iowa (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #4 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 77-14 against Pittsburgh (0-1).
    This week, the Sooners will host #24 Alabama (1-0).

=============== #14 North Carolina Tar Heels (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tar Heels were idle.
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Michigan (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) CB Devin Cooley has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) WR C.J. Curry has committed to Boise State
    - (****) WR Mark Brady has committed to North Carolina

=============== #13 Florida Gators (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 34-24 against Kansas (0-1).
    This week, the Gators will host #21 Miami (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 37-21 against Western Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Chapel Hill to face the #14 North Carolina Tar Heels (0-0).

=============== #21 Miami Hurricanes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 37-23 against Boise State (1-0).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Gainesville to face the #13 Florida Gators (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Blake Collier has committed to Georgia
    - (***) LG Zac Griffin has committed to Oklahoma State​

2. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

awesome work macc. glad to see your enthusiasm

jandy, i cant play tonight, but should be availble monday night. let me know what works for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I'll start doing POTW everytime I post the new week.

4. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Hey Miami this is Florida.. What time are you available to play tomorrow?

5. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Crumbler81 When can you play? I'm available tonight & tomorrow night after 5 PST. Text me when you are ready 619-829-4163......

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

I can probably play 10:30-11 EST tomorrow night. Otherwise it will have to be Tuesday night anytime after 9:30. Just shoot me a text and we can figure it out

7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I'll get my game in today this afternoon

8. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I told Austin to jump on the boards and organize a time after class today he said

9. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

That's cool can you tell him I'm available before 5pm and after 7pm est

10. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

FYI I tried to get on and play my games but PSN is "undergoing maintenance"

• Like Like x 1
  11. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Appreciate the heads up. Any luck since?

12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Seminoles rally in the 4th, survive for 13th straight victory
    w2.png
    It wouldn't be without a few quarters of drama, but FSU proved they may be one of the best teams in the country this week with a victory in the final seconds of the game when hosting the Auburn Tigers this afternoon. From the get-go it had the feel of a blow out, and one not in the favor of Coach Macc and his squad but the defense tightened up in the 3rd quarter and didn't allow Heisman front runner John Hill and his team in the offense again.​
    This game would see starting redshirt FR QB Shaun Esserie have some struggles early, he couldn't control the offense well and the defense was giving up 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion keeping Auburn on the field for a long time. Auburn won the time of possession, turn over and rushing battle - but it wouldn't be enough to win the game. Essiree appeared to get his confidence beneath him after an early pick on a deep bomb to Marcus Johnson and started to heat up, that was until LG Joel Gordon allowed an Auburn defender an unblocked sack on him that would see him motionless on the ground for quite some time. Down 14-0, no offensive rhythm established yet - it was a scary moment on the FSU sideline.​
    The coach looked to backup QB 5th year senior Chris Andersen, although it was expected true freshman Chad Butler won the starting job.​
    "We decided to go with Chris because we needed leadership and poise. Our west coast offense requires the QB to get the ball to all of his play makers, he doesn't need to do too much himself. Chad is the type of QB who can make that type of offense explode with his arm strength but we thought it might be a tough situation for a first year player to have to come into. Shaun will be on the sideline for 8 weeks, look for Butler to be worked in in other ways but we don't expect him to redshirt this year, specifically due to this inury"​
    Andersen sliced the Auburn defense up but it wouldn't be until the end of the game he would get the majority of his work done. He found Marcus Johnson wide open from 54 out that would spark the hometeam sideline and spark a 24 point comeback culminated in the 4th quarter.​
    "Andersen with 5 wide, the Auburn secondary appears to be all in man.... Noles snap the ball and Andersen on the 3 step drop, he looks right and has a man down field one on one...ANDERSEN HEAVES IT DOWN FIELD...He's got his freshman wideout JALEN BYRD DOWN THE RIGHT SIDELINE... BYRD EXTENDS AND MAKES THE CATCH! He breaks the would-be tackle! There's nobody between him and the endzone and Byrd scores! Noles take their first lead of the game with 24 seconds to go one a throw and catch to the true freshman Jalen Byrd!!! This kids good!"​
    Byrd, whose now scored in back to back games has made his mark on this offense early. Serving as the teams #3 target he's really worked his way into the offense with quite a few targets despite having some upperclass studs putting up good numbers as well. He kicked off the scoring last week in Eugene and put the nail in the coffin in todays game, his coach praised his effort at the end of the game and talks about how much he's progressed since entering campus.​
    The Noles are in good shape to take the #2 spot after OSU lost to Georgia Tech this afternoon and since Auburn was #3. They travel to Atlanta next week to face off with the Yellow Jackets in a match-up many are predicting to be the ACC Championship at the end of the season.​

13. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Hey guys I was able to start my game but couldn't finish because my daughter managed to burn all four of her finger tips so I won't be getting on the rest of the night could we push the advance out till tomorrow night?

14. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Hey LongGONE24 what is Miami's info on here so we can get our game in?

15. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I sent him your number in surprised he didn't text you. +1 (407) 401-4583 us his number

16. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Thanks.

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Just have Jandy and Fishdock's game to be played before we can adv. It will likely be advanced when I wake up tommorow morning, maybe when I get to school from the CPU.

• Like Like x 1