Week 2: 49ers at Seahawks

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Ninersfan80, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

49ers Battle Seahawks in Divisional Win

[​IMG]

First off, this was a great game, one of the best I have ever played. Great game LtJustice

This game was the featured game of the week and it sure did live up to the billing. The 49ers game into the game with a game plan of wanting to establish the run and control the clock and if they couldn't they would be screwed. Seattle has a great defense and just pretty much shut down the Panthers. Well they did just that for most of the game. The 49ers out-gained the Seahawks on the ground, 183-28 and TOP favored the 49ers 20 min to 8 min.

The game started off pretty bad for the 49ers with the Seahawks getting a quick TD pass from Wilson to Golden Tate of 73 yards. The 49ers responded with a nice methodical drive down the field capped off with a Kendall Hunter TD run on a toss.

Both teams exchanged field goals early in the 2nd quarter to tie the game up at 10. The 49ers had an impressive drive going and were in the red zone until Kaepernick made a bad decision and was intercepted by linebacker Malcolm Smith for a pick 6 and the momentum was gone. Seahawks up 17-10 at half time. One thing that happend in the 2nd quarter, Seahawks laid a huge hit on Vernon Davis twice and he broke his ribs and wouldn't return to the game. Huge loss.

In the 3rd quarter the defenses really stepped up and shut each other down. The only scoring in the quarter came from a 49ers field goal. Seahawks up 17-13 going into the 4th quarter.

The 4th quarter is really where the 49ers stepped up big time. Their first drive of the quarter lead to the game winning TD. It was a 3rd and long just outside the Seahawks red zone. Kaepernick dropped back to pass and his first 2 reads were shut down and he went to his 3rd option, big WR Jon Baldwin who was on 1-1 coverage, Kap throws a pass up and Baldwin somehow comes down with the ball with a DB all over him for the TD that put the 49ers up 20-17.

With the Seahawks approaching midfield on a 3rd down and short Patrick Willis dropped down in zone coverage and Wilson didn't see him and threw a quick pass that Willis intercepted. With a only a few minutes to go the 49ers saw their opportunity and got down into the red zone with their running game and timely passing but failed to convert on a 3rd down right before the 2 minute warning and ended up with a FG with 2 minutes left in the game. The 49ers stopped Seattle and got the ball back to try and win the game.

Just 1 yard short of a first down to seal the victory Frank Gore rushed up the middle and was hit hard and fumbled the ball away with 50 seconds left in the game. With only 40 yards to gain for a TD the Seahawks converted a 3rd down and were outside the redzone. It came down to a 4th down for the game with only seconds left on the clock. Wilson throws to the endzone and was intercepted by Tarell Brown to seal the 49ers win!! 23-17!!

Stats-
    C. Kaepernick- 11/17, 170 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
    R. Wilson- 6/21, 169 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT

F. Gore- 22 att, 87 yards
    K. Hunter- 6 att, 68 yards, 1 TD

R. Turbin- 6 att, 17 yards

V. Davis- 3 rec, 60 yards
    J. Baldwin- 1 rec, 23 yards, 1 TD

G. Tate- 1 rec, 73 yards, 1 TD

T. Brown- 3 tackles, 2 INT
    E. Reid- 1 INT

M. Smith- 2 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD

Game Ball goes to 49ers rushing attack who gained 183 rushing yards led by Gore and Hunter!

• Like Like x 6
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great game Alex, looking forward to the rematch!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I am sure I messed something up in the recap so feel free to add what you want!

Looking forward to it too

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Your recap was great. Gives us a good picture of what actually transpired versus some of the recaps which just regurgitate the game stats.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Agreed completely

6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I tried but I have a terrible memory and was hard to remember everything that happened and when.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

Happens to all of us. I had a successful hail Mary attempt in my last game and didn't recall who caught it until I looked up my stats.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Is there a scoring summary on madden somewhere? That would help

9. CHUNKNESS

Not unless you take it down at the end of your game before you exit back to the main CFM.

10. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I take pics of mine so I can remember

• Like Like x 2