Week#2: Cardinals (52) vs Falcons (42)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Week#2: Cardinals (52) vs Falcons (42)

CARDS OFFENSE OUTLAST FALCONS
    The Arizona Cardinals scored 28 straight points in the 2nd half to come from behind and defeat the Atlanta Falcons.

[​IMG]
    Cardinals QB Matt Leinart was 28 for 43 for 493 yards with 4 TD's.

1st Quarter
    The Falcons came out hot and Burner Turner was unstoppable. 1 minute into the game he took an iso play 62 yards for a TD while breaking multiple tackles.

Next it was the Cards turn. Beanie Well answered immediately with a 56 yard TD run after shaking a defender at the line of scrimmage.

The Falcons didn't waste any time as Turner was back at it with a 51 yard TD run breaking tackles and running circles around the Cards defenders.

The Cards took their next possession and scored on three plays, capitalizing with a 15 yard hitch to Michael Ray Garvin, which resulted in a 44 yard TD pass.

Score:14-14

2nd Quarter
    The Falcons started to pull away as they scored 30 seconds into the quarter on a 32 yard TD to Michael Jenkins. The Falcons then forced a three and out, scoring again quickly with a 23 yard pass to Mughelli. Next possession the Cards took it down to the 2 yard line. Leinart lobbed a fade route to Michael ray Garvin but left it short. Dunta Robinson housed the pick for 98 yards.

The Cardinals answered with a long drive capped off by a 7 yard TD pass to TE Ben Patrick. The Cards forced a turnover the Falcons next possession and drove the field and scored on a 15 yard pass to Travis Beckum with 4 seconds left on the clock.

Score: 35-28 Falcons

3rd Quarter
    This quarter was an exchange of defenses, mostly the Cards who forced 2 picks, one of which was housed 49 yards by Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie.

Matt Leinart also connected with Beanie Wells on the goal line for his 4th TD pass for 7 yards.

Score: 42-35 Cards

4th Quarter
    The Falcons took their next drive to the redzone which was capped off by a 1 yard run by Michael Turner.

The Cardinals took their next drive coast to coast and took a shot to the endzone on third and long. The pass was knocked down by Dunta Robinson and the Cards had to settle for a FG bringing the score to 45-42 Cardinals, with3 minutes left in the game.

the Falcons began to threaten driving past the 50 yard line but Matt Ryan tried to dump off a pass to tony Gonzalez in the flat but Shawn Springs, in cover 2 coverage, picked off the pass and took it 48 yards for the score. The Cards would then force a quick 4 and out and would chew the clock for the win. GG CA, crazy arcade game but fun as usual.

Final Score: 52-42

Stat Leaders

Cards
    Matt Leinart - 28 for 43 for 493 yards 4 TD's 3 Int
    Beanie Wells - 15 carries for 80 yards 1 TD
    Quentin Lawrence - 9 catches for 156 yards
    DRC - 4 tackles, 1 Int

Falcons
    Matt Ryan - 15 for 24 for 247 yards 2 TD 5 Int
    Michael Turner - 25 carries for 224 yards 3 TDs
    Michael Jenkins - 4 catches 79 yards 1 TD
    Erik Coleman - 8 tackles, 1 Int

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

These scores are insane!!

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Quentin Lawrence - 9 catches for 156 yards????

Screen passes or is he your slot guy?

4. Jeremy

Colston racked up 12 catches for 200+ mostly out of the slot against me this week.

Posts and crosses out of the slot are nearly unstoppable this year.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Lawrence was my #2. My depth chart goes like this...

1. Nicks
    2. Breaston
    3. Lawrence
    4. Ray Garvin
    5. Doucet
    6. Roberts

Nicks left the game in the first quarter with a bruised sternum. So Lawrence stepped in the #2 slot and performed well.

6. Jeremy

Whoa, no Fitz?

Where the hell have I been?

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Colston in the slot? Nothing you can do about that.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Traded to the Giants before week #1.