Week 2: Cardinals at Falcons

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sibellius, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Week 2: Cardinals at Falcons

The Cardinals capped off a successful road trip with an impressive victory against the Falcons. Player of the game and second-year CB Gregory Toler picked off two of Matt Ryan's passes and returned them both for TDs. Cards RB Beanie Wells had two goal line TDs but managed only 28 yards against a solid Atlanta defense. WR Larry Fitzgerald made the most of his four receptions, ending the game with 87 yards. The final score was 41-23.

Arizona looked to be in trouble until the second quarter when Toler's first INT return provided a spark for the Cards offense. Matt Leinart utilized all five receivers in three successful drives down the field. The Cardinals run-defense proved to be another sore spot this week as well. Falcons RB Michael Turner ran for 133 yards, including an 80 yard TD run late in the first half.

Down by three scores in the fourth quarter, Atlanta QB Matt Ryan shredded Arizona's second team defense for 13 points, but two failed 4th down conversions led to an AZ field goal and TD that kept the game out of reach. The Cardinals return home next week to face the Oakland Raiders.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What was the score man!? lol

3. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Haha my bad I was going to put it in towards the end. Fixed.

4. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

are we supposed to workup recaps for games vs cpus?