Week 2 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PAgamer07, Nov 3, 2010.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

The 2012 season is officially under way and we already have some surprises. In what is sure to be one of the best conferences in NCAA this year, two of the favorites in their respective divisions have lost.

[​IMG]

The Clemson Tigers entered the season ranked #10 in the country, but this ranking will take a huge hit after the loss to an unranked Ole Miss squad. The Tigers had an uncharacteristic 4 turnovers and trailed in the time of possession by a staggering 22 minutes to 10. QB Randall MacKey for The Rebels was an astounding 28 of 32 passing, with 1 of those incompletions being an interception.

Clemson is on the road again this week, this time in Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines. They need to play much better and really can't afford another early season loss.

[​IMG]

The #11 Boston College Eagles started this season just like they ended last year. With an impressive victory, this time over a very good Utah team on the road. QB Mike Mascovetra keeps getting better and better and threw for an impressive 4 TD. He is spreading the ball out as well, which makes this team tough to stop as those 4 TD were spread amongst 3 different players.

This week, The Eagles take on the Miami Hurricanes at home in a key ACC matchup. The winner of this game will have a leg up on the conference with a victory. Boston College comes in heavily favored.

[​IMG]

The #19 Virginia Tech Hokies survived a scare at home as the squeaked out a victory against Texas A&M. The Aggies scored 15 points in the 4th quarter, and fell short 21-24. QB Logan Thomas struggled mightily this game, going 14 for 34 with 2 interceptions. They outgained the Aggies by nearly 200 yards, and had a whopping time of posession edge of 22 minutes to 9.

The Hokies travel to Pittsburgh in week 2 to take on the Pittsburgh Panthers in what will certainly give them all they can handle. They can't afford to turn the ball over again, as they had 3 in week 1.

[​IMG]

The #6 Miami Hurricanes survived a thriller of their own, downing the Tennessee Volunteers on the road. They scored 21 4th quarter points to fight all the way back from a sizeable deficit. The final score of 42-31 was much closer than it appeared. QB Jamaal Thomas faired well enough in his debut as Jacory Harris' replacement throwing for 367 yards and 3 TD with 2 INT. Not horrible for his first start.

Next week the Hurricanes travel to Boston College in what will probably be the Game of the Week.

Players of the Week:

Defense: CB CJ Jones, Boston College: 4 tackles, 2 Interception

(no image on dynasty wire)

Offense: WR Tommy Streeter, Miami: 11 catches, 222 yards, 1 TD

[​IMG]

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hello everyone and welcome to the 2012 season's first user game preview show.

Each week I will be interviewing the participants of the user games as they prepare for their upcoming games.

Week 2 Includes two big user games:

Alabama vs Texas and Boston College vs Miami.

----------------------------------------------

Alabama vs Texas

In an SEC vs Big 12 match-up, the Crimson Tide and Longhorns will lock husks and horns in what should be one of the best games of the year, at least on paper.

The key for the Crimson Tide will be establishing the run with their star running back, Trent Richardson. Richardson is a certain early-season Heisman candidate and will need a big game in this one if he wants the attention of being considered one of the top players in the country.

Alabama's QB AJ McCarron also had an effective start to his season, throwing for over 300 yards and 3 TD's in a win over Tulsa last week.

Coach JOEDESIGNS stressed the importance of these two young athletes in this week's pre-game interview:
    "We know that Coach Volfan will have the Longhorns ready to play, we know they like to spread the field on the offensive side of the ball and we will look to to get pressure to their QB with our front 3. We won't stray from the 3-4, we will give different looks from the 3-4, but we really like the pressure our D is getting from this package. The defense just needs to keep doing what they've already done.

[On Offense] Our roster is excellent, AJ McCarron started out on fire already throwing for over 300 yards for 3 TD's, and Trent Richardson ran for 172 yards and 3 TD's as well. Bowman had 6 receptions for 166 yards and 2 TD's. AJ is gonna need a BIG game and Richardson has got to get the ground game going immediately. We love the ground game, we are a nickel and dime offense and we'll take what you give us."

JOEDESIGNS was also asked who his guys were going to be paying special attention to on the opposing side of the ball on Saturday: "Tre Newton, the kid is a Pre-Season All-American and Marquise Goodwin at WR the kid can fly. We don't plan on leaving him in 1 on 1 matchups."

Texas comes in to this one off the heels of a game with in-state rival, Houston. Texas brings a well-balanced and powerful Offense to the table, but there is no doubt that Tre Newton will be key to a Longhorn victory.

Coach ctvolfan had this to say in his interview this week: "Alabama is a great team with great players, they are well coached, and seem to win games with tough defense. We are going to have our hands full for 60 minutes. If we can win the turnover battle I like our chances.

Offensively we have two stud senior wideouts and a returning 1000 yard rusher to help break in our new quarterback.
    Defensively, we are going to be led by Alex Okafor, a sack machine who looks to repeat last season's success.

We are going to run a 4-3 base defense, mixing up between man and zone blitzes. We are going to be playing a physical style of defense and try our best to make them beat us through the air.

As I mentioned above, the playmakers we have on offense make it a lot easier on the play-caller when it comes to game management. Look to see Tre Newton run early and often with the receivers to help soften up that defense.

Connor Wood is going to be key for our offense. This is going to be his first [major] start for us and we look to him to provide leadership to this team. He has the strongest arm on the team and would put it up against any in the nation.
    Jordan Hicks is moving over from OLB to MLB. He is going to have to be the eyes and ears for us on defense. He is a fast linebacker who should makes tons of plays for us this season.

Looking at Alabama's roster, it is hard to pick out just two players that are going to make a difference. Trent Richardson is a beast, monster, a freak. He is going to be key for them in this game and if we want to win we have to hold him in check. Kerry Murphy a 6'4" 327 DT is a monster. He has all the moves in the book to blow up the offense. We are going to have to be using two or three guys to slow him up.

This is probably the biggest game early in the season and it will give both teams a chance to let the rest of the country know what we are all about. I look for our team to come out and show they are just as talented as Alabama. We have to stick with the gameplan if we want it to be close. I think the key is going to be our fast linebackers flying around making plays."

It will definitely be an intriguing match-up. My prediction: Alabama 34 - Texas 24

----------------------------------------------

Boston College vs Miami

This weeks's other user match-up features the reigning National Champions: The Boston College Eagles facing off against in-conference rival, The Miami Hurricanes. This game should show us right away if coach mboda and his Eagles possess the power to repeat. Miami will surely provide a stiff challenge to those repeat hopes, as coach pagamer has made the switch from his previous two years at Georgia Tech to coach at Miami and has taken over a strong squad of players.

The key for Boston College in this one will be making the transition after losing last year's star running back, Montel Harris. Coach mboda echoes those sentiments in his interview segment, along with other thoughts on what it will take to win this week's contest: "On offense we look pretty strong this year. We did lose our top RB Montel Harris and our top WR Colin Larmond Jr, but we feel the guys we have in there now will be able to pick up the slack left by the guys we lost. I think our key player [Saturday] has to be RB Sterlin Phifer. If we can run the ball effectively, it should open up our passing game, making us hard to stop.

We try and get a good mix of the run and pass. Last year, we were mainly a running team who mixed in some throwing when we had to. With the loss of RB Montel Harris though we might be relying on our passing game a little more this year.

On Defense we have a couple of holes but nothing too major. We just need a couple guys to step up and fill those holes this season. MLB Luke Kuechly usually steps up in big games like this and we will look for him to make some big plays.

We like to mix it up on defense most games. We try to show alot of different formations, as well as mixing in a good amount of blitzing/man/zone. We like to keep the offense guessing what we are doing.

I haven't gone up against this coach yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing what [he] has in store for me.

Coach mboda also briefly highlighted the Miami players he considered the biggest threat to a B.C. victory: "On Offense WR Tommy Streeter had a huge game last week against Tennessee(11 catches 222 yards 1 TD), so we will have to keep an eye on him all game.

On Defense DT Marcus Fortson is a monster and our O-Line will have to do a good job against him for us to be able to move the ball."

Miami has an opportunity to be the first to knock off coach mboda's Eagles in over a year and to start his coaching career at Miami off to an excellent start. The Hurricanes will be relying on an effective pass attack, highlighted by WR Tommy Streeter, who is coming off of a 222 yard performance against Tennessee in the season opener. Coach Pagamer07 was clearly anticipatory in his interview this week: "

We are hoping to make a statement with this game. Boston College is a good school with a great coach. We can only hope that with no Larmonde and no Montel Harris make this team a little less formidable.

I was in the ACC the last two seasons [with] Georgia Tech and honestly dont remember playing Mboda. Apparently he is a pretty good [coach], so I am hoping I can hold my own. I believe he won the National Championship last year, so running that gauntlet is not easy at all. No matter what the score, we have to stick to our gameplan and hold onto the football.

I thought [our roster] would be fine this year, but after our week 1 game against Tennessee, we had difficulty containing the run game. We still pulled out the victory, but it was difficult. I thought we would be in trouble with the loss of WR Leonard Hankerson, but WR Tommy Streeter broke out in a big way. The Tennessee seconday could not contain him as he caught 11 balls for 222 yards. Freakin' impressive. I was really, really impressed in my Bowl Game victory last season, as well as our game this season with 2nd string HB Lamaar Miller. I feel that he can single-handedly win the game. Our speed at WR should also provide some mismatches against BC and like mentioned above, Streeter may play a big role here as well. Lamaar Miller will be promoted to 1st string HB.

We run a base 4-3 defense and occasionally bring pressure. We really have to see how Boston College plays us to decide how to handle them. We think anyone in the secondary can matchup with their receivers, so we will play more man to man I assume in passing downs. Marcus Fortson, a huge 314lb defensive tackle who is tough to block, [will be our key player].

I have [watched the videos on] Boston College. LB Luke Kuechly is a very good MLB, and we are hoping our O-line can keep him off of Miller. Offensively, [we have to watch out for] QB Mike Marscovetra, who has really matured and is the key to this offense. We cant let him get comfortable in the pocket."

It will be exciting to see if the Eagles can start off this season in the right direction. Miami is a strong team and Pagamer07 is a good coach. My Prediction: Boston College 37 - Miami 24
    ------------------------------------

That's all for this week's user games. Good luck to all involved. We'll see you again next week.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I like the Bama - Texas prediction.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Very cool Soda, good job!!

5. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Yea great job, looking forward to seeing this everyweek.

Sorry about the hold up on the game guys the school and job have been killing me. Will get it in around 10 tonight.

6. PAgamer07

Great Job Soda. Should be a good week :)

7. mboda

mboda Walk On

wow nice work on this soda, turned out great. Good predictions too :)

8. mboda

mboda Walk On

Good work on this man. Sorry i didn't save an image of my guy, i will do that from now on.

9. PAgamer07

Well hopefully you dont have any more standout performances :)

10. SodaAddict

Very nice Pa. This is pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

If you could, grab the team reports from the Dynasty Wire weekly updates for each team so that we get recruit information on these reports too.

11. SodaAddict

This thread will host Week 2's in-week content and discussion.

12. SodaAddict

Good start to the season on forum activity guys. Let's keep it up.

PLANNING TO ADVANCE FRIDAY NIGHT LATE.

13. PAgamer07

Yeah I wanted to get the ACC standings too and forgot about it.

14. SodaAddict

You can always add them in.

15. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Soda I would like to do something for the Big 12 but do not wana commit to something and not get it in everyweek. If anyone needs a little help shoot me a message and I we will see what I can do.

16. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

This BC-Miami game is huge in how the ACC will shake down. I could see all 4 of us beating up on each other this season.

17. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Beautiful job pagamer, ACC best conference right here!

18. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm sure us SEC guys will have something to say about that.

19. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Hey stay out of our conference discussion AJH!

20. SodaAddict

Hey guys, ctvolfan is having a medical issue so it looks like he will be out of commission for a few days. He asked me to put him on auto so that JOEDESIGNS can get the game in.

21. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

I hope all is well and it is nothing serious.

22. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

get well

23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I will be getting my game in around 10 pm est tonight.

24. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Man that...SUCKS

Get well ctvolfan!!!

25. SodaAddict

I will switch him over to auto when I get home. I meant to do it last night but I collapsed before my girlfriend finished playing DJ Hero haha.

Everyone try to get those games in by midnight eastern tonight.