Week 2: Dolphins 20 vs Raiders 17 OT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Miki1369, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Last year these same teams meet and the Raiders put a whoppen on the Dolphins. Last year turnovers and a heavy passing game was the reason for the Dolphins blowout lost. "This year we knew we had to come in with the mindset of running the ball no matter what" said the coach. And that they did… as the Dolphins rode CJ3K to victory on this game. CJ had 29 rushes for 132 yards and 2 scores.

1st Half: Dolphins struggled offensively on the 1st half, but they were able to keep the game close thanks to some great defensive plays by their secondary. A secondary who forced QB J. Campbell into 3 INTs, with one of them been in the redzone. Final score of the 1st half 7-17 Raiders.

2nd Half: The Dolphins defense dominated the 2nd half and OT, as they kept the Raider from scoring. The Offense was able to get on track as Pat White was able to get some key passing plays completed and CJ took over the game. A key moment of this game was with the score 10-17 Raiders and with just under 1 minute left on the game. The Dolphins were able to get to the Raiders 9 yard line, and on 3rd and 7 Pat dropped back and when he did not see anyone opened, he dashed for the goal line where he got leveled by LB T Howard who forced a fumble but luckily for the Dolphins it was recovered by rookie WR Addison for a 1st down on the Raiders 1. After a few runs later CJ was able to tie the game and force OT.

OT: In OT the Dolphins force the Raiders into a 3 and out and where able to go down the field by mixing the run with one good pass play to B. Marshall to setup D. Carpenter for the Game Winning Field Goal from 38 yards out.

Again it was a great game pope now we are 1-1 in our PMFL careers against each other. I hope we can play again this year.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

wow, congrats on the win! another great game this week that I wish I could have watched. any highlights?

3. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

yeah the B. Marshall big catch that setup the game wining field goal. I will upload it later...