Week 2 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post them here. We are not in week 2 yet.

2. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

#2 [​IMG] 35

#25 [​IMG] 13

#2 Alabama Crimson Tide Leaders:
    Passing: AJ McCarron 19 for 38 309 YDS 2 TD 3 INT
    Rushing: Eddie Lacy 16 ATT 194 YDS 12.1 AVG 1 TD
    Receiving: DeAndrew White 5 REC 151 YDS 30.2 AVG 1 TD
    Defense: Damion Square 6 TOT TACK 6 SOLO TACK 5 TFL

#25 Penn State Nittany Lions:
    Passing: Matt McGloin 13 for 28 136 YDS 2 INT
    Rushing: Curtis Dukes 14 ATT 42 YDS 3.0 AVG 1 TD
    Receiving: Justin Brown 5 REC 59 YDS 11.8 AVG
    Defense: Glenn Carson 9 TOT TACK 7 SOLO TACK 2 INT

Box Score:
    #2 Alabama: 7 | 5 | 11 | 12​
    #25 Penn State: 0 | 6 | 0 | 7​

Stats #2 Alabama #25 Penn State
    First Downs 25 13
    Total Yards 575 241
    Rushing Yards 266 105
    Passing Yards 309 136
    3rd Down Conversions 5-11(45%) 4-11(36%)
    4th Down Conversions 0-1(0%) 0-1(0%)
    Turnovers 3 2
    Time of Possession 17:22 10:38

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU gets blown out by Stanford 43-24​

Only one word can sum up FSU's performace tonight: Pathetic. Both the offense and defense failed to show up for the game. EJ Manuel set the tone by throwing 4 picks in one half and couldn't hit the broadside of the barn. Backup Clint Trickett wasn't much better although he managed to have a touchdown through the air. TE Beau Reliford had a good game having 5 receptions for 143 yards and running back Chris Thompson had 2 rushing touchdowns in a losing effort.​

As bad as the offense the defense was far, far, worse and pretty much bent over for Stanford from the jump. They let the Cardinals do whatever they wanted as Andrew Luck had 271 yards with 3 touchdowns and RB Anthony Wilkerson had a whopping 174 yards on just 28 carries including a huge 69 yard run after FSU managed to cut the score to 23-21 to setup a 6 yard Chris Owusu touchdown reception.​

The loss shows how far the Seminoles are from contending.​

4. Quattro

Ouch.

5. Bulldog

Tough one man. I had problems with Manuel when i played as FSU. His accuracy isn't really that low but he still can't hit anything.

6. sonn

sonn Walk On

Coulda warned me when I picked FSU. :p

That run by the RB was the real backbreaker, he broke 2 tackles at the line of scrimmage and sped past the defense.

7. Quattro

Sounds like my RBs.

8. sonn

sonn Walk On

Lucky bastard.

9. Bulldog

Yeah i relied on Thompson ALOT! Too much actually.

10. Bulldog

Highlights are on the wire!
    #12[​IMG][​IMG]#21

Bulldogs upset another highly ranked team!

RMG week 2 2011 pic.PNG
    We pretty much dominated the 2nd half with 2 TDs in the 4th quarter and a FG in the 3rd quarter. Isaiah Crowell left the game early in the 2nd quarter with a concussion but backup Carlton Thomas made up for it. Crowell rushed for 69 yards on 16 attempts and Thomas had 67 yards on 13 attempts scoring 1 TD. Aaron Murray stepped up this game and had 271 yards, 2 TDs and completed 9 out of 18 passes. Defensively we dominated, Lattimore only had 56 yards rushing on 16 attempts.
    We started with the ball and came out firing. Murray led us down the field the first drive and Thomas punched one in on a toss. After that South Carolina drove down the field and got into field goal range but they missed it. The first quarter remained scoreless for South Carolina.
    The 2nd quarter was a little more interesting. South Carolina scored on a pass play, we left Alshon Jeffrey wide open and he basically walked into the endzone. South Carolina would go on to shut us down the next drive and later they converted a FG to make it 10 to 7 SCAR. So we got the ball back with just a few seconds left on the clock before half time. We tried a little PA Pass but that was shut down. With only 0:15 left on the clock Aaron Murray hit a wide open Tavarres King and put us up 14-10 at half time.
    The 3rd quarter was all about defense. Both teams had 1 FG a piece. That made the score 17-13 UGA to start the 4th.
    The Bulldogs came out firing and scored pretty quickly in the 4th. For the 1st score of the 4th Aaron Murray hit TE Orson Charles for a 57 yard TD putting the Dawgs up 24-13. The next drive South Carolina and Lattimore scored on a 69 yard pass from Stephen Garcia. On that play Lattimore broke probably 3 tackles at least. So the Bulldogs get it back and have to punt then South Carolina gets it back and they have to punt. That goes back and forth a few times and then the Bulldogs start driving down the field and are looking good, we are running the clock out and trying to get a victory but SCAR has one TO left and they stop us on defense which leads to uspunting and them returning it for a very good gain. On the 2nd play of South Carolina's drive Stephen Garcia throws an interception and Branden Smith breaks one tackle to put the Dawgs up 31-19 . That being the final score to a great ball game.
    The Dawgs are on a roll watch out people. We have already beat to highly ranked teams and are looking for more blood.
    Next week the Dawgs travel to Washington State to take on the Washington Huskies.

RMG week 2 2011 scoreboard.PNG RMG week 2 2011 pbp.PNG
    RMG week 2 2011 ts.PNG

11. Quattro

It's almost too easy with Richardson and Lacy. I think I've had one run for under 5 yards.

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 45
    Ball State 21

Kansas dominated most of the game with KU scoring with 15 seconds left in the game to make it 45-21. Kansas's running game is strong and heavily reliant on James Sims who had another solid outing, rushing for 2 scores. The passing situation is not very good and the tight end Biere seems to be the only receiver getting open enough for an inaccurate QB to get it to.

Joe Webb (QB)- 8-18 for 118 yards, TD, 2 INT, 3 carries for 32 yards
    Quinn Meachem (QB)- 2-3 for 15 yards
    James Sims (HB)- 19 carries for 164 yards, 2 TD
    Darren Miller (HB)- 7 carries for 40 yards, TD
    Tim Biere (TE)- 4 receptions for 93 yards, TD
    Bradley McDougald (SS)- 4 tackles, INT
    Isiah Barfield (CB)- tackles, INT, TD
    Anthony Davis (CB)- 4 tackles, INT

Stat Kansas NIU
    Score 45 21
    1st Downs 385 381
    Rush Yards 252 131
    Pass Yards 133 250
    3rd Down Conversions 8-13 3-11
    Turnovers 3 3

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

wow Bulldog holding lattimore and co to just 2.69 yards per carry. How many sacks did you get. It is funny how Garcia cost them the game. Think cpu Spurrier kicks him off the team too?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG][​IMG]

Texas wont be Denied in 30-27 OT win vs BYU

Texas wins a game they probably should lose thanks to big plays in Key moments. The defense for a second week in a row gets shredded but this time through the air allowing 234 yards and 2 touchdowns, but once again they sort of redeem themselves by forcing and recovering 3 fumbles, including one in overtime that would leave BYU scoreless and allow Texas to kick the winning FG in OT. This is a worrying trend for the Texas coaching staff and if it isnt corrected they will lose to better teams.

Marquise Goodwin was once again player of the game with 339 all purpose yards and 2 Touchdowns, one a KR and the other a 75 yard catch.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bulldog

Nice win Matt.

16. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

thank you sir

17. Bulldog

We had 2 sacks, Garcia threw 1 INT for a pick 6 late late late in the 4th lol but Lattimore was fucking us up the 1st half somehow i managed to shut him down the 2nd half.

18. Bulldog

19. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

we can swap teams if you want Sonn :)
    ill take FSU

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

New Offense Sparks GT In 39-35 Win At #5 Oregon

-​

The new offense proved functional, as the Yellowjackets hung 39 points on the Ducks en route to a 39-35 victory in the Autzen Zoo. Ga Tech QB Tevin Washington went 12-21 to the tune of 250 yards and 2 scores, while tossing 0 interceptions. Washington also had 25 yards and a touchdown on the ground with sacks factored in (he had a long run of 35 yards to give you an idea of the sacks skewing his numbers). Running backs Orwin Smith and Roddy Jones combined for 80 yards on 18 attempts and a touchdown. The receiving corps was led by senior Tyler Melton who had 116 yards on 4 catches and a TD. Junior Stephen Hill had 34 yards on two catches and also chipped in a TD reception.​

Defensively the linebacking corps led the charge (if you call 35 points a charge). GT was in nickel most of the game to counter the Oregon formations, but LB's Julian Burnett and Jeremiah Attoachu combined for a solid 15 tackles and 6 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Sophomore CB Louis Young had a huge play by returning an interception 55 yards for a score in the third quarter which helped Ga Tech clinch the win.​

A big bounce back win for us, and it looks like the offense should be fine.​

21. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Clemson routs ECU 59-10...are we ready for matchup with Bama?

Clemson dominated East Carolina on both ends of the ball in a 59-10 home win. After a lackluster start, CB Coty Sensabaugh made a ridiculous leaping INT and took it to the house to make it 7-0. Less than 2 minutes later, Tahj Boyd ran the option to perfection and pitched to Andre Ellington, who had ample open space in front of him and took it to the house for a 68 yd score. Ellington punched another one in at the end of the first as Clemson was on their way to a rout up 21-0 after 1. Under 3 minutes left in the 2nd...Boyd ran a play fake and had plenty of time to wait for Jaron brown to get some space down the field. Boyd hit him beautifully for a 56 yd pass. ECU threatened to score a TD right before half, but Clemson was able to hold them to a Fg and led 28-3 at the half.
    Clemson kept it rolling through the 3rd, adding 17 more pts to give them a 45-3 lead into the 4th. With the backups in for the 4th, something weird started happening. Whenever the Tigers ran the option, the CBs who were in position to make a play basically stood still and let me go by them. This happened twice before I decided to stop trying to practice the option since it wasn't legit. In between the 2 TDs by Clemson, ECU returned a KO for a TD to get them to double digits.

Can Clemson give Bama a game on the road? We're about to find out, but Coach Keves wants to know...who the hell scheduled me to play Bama on the road?!!