Week 2 Game Summaries(2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

post them here

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Virginia Tech strong in win

VT came out on a mission taking the opening drive for a TD off a long pass from Thomas to Coles for 47 yards. The VT defense was fierce and stopped the high powered offense of Alabama. Again the VT offense would come out and score this time on the ground by Gregory. Bama would mount a rally though down 14-0 McCarron would hit TE Williams for 33 yards on a drag where he would break. The Virginia Tech offense was blazing as Bama was trying to bring heat and Thomas burned them this time for a 52 yard TD pass to WR Davis. Bama would again try to answer but sacked on back to back plays then Gregory would make his rushing TD 2 with a 3 yard rush. However at the end Bama and Trent Richardson hit VT up the gut for a 75 yard TD run with just 5 seconds left in the half OHHH NOOOO. 28-14 VT

At halftime the game would DC and stiff bon air would opt not to replay. VT would finish the game out vs the CPU. As per the bet Stiff bon Air will move out of the SEC West so LSU Truth can moved into the SEC west and take his Beloved Tigers and bring hope of a championship.

Final 48-21 VT wins over # 1 Alabama

First half big plays posted on DY Wire was a good half stiff bon air.

LSU will be taking LSU this offseason :)

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Miami Gets Back On Track With 45-15 Win!

We have waited all summer for the debut of FR QB Geremy Palmer and the wait was worth it. JR QB Stephan Morris started the game and put Miami up 14-0 and at the start of the 2nd qtr Palmer took the field. "We planned on getting him a couple of snaps in the 1st game (a 31-17 loss to Auburn) but it wasn't to be. We worked all week on packages for him and he went out and performed well." said coach York. How well you ask? He compleated 9 of 16 pass attempts for 101 yards and 2 TD's he also rushed the ball 3 times for 27 yards and a score. "G was everthing he was hyped up to be." said fellow FR WR Jason Wheeler who had 5 rec for 89 yards and 1 of the TD passes thrown by Palmer. Lamar Miller set the table for the Offense as he had 120 yards on the ground and 2 TD's. On D the LB's came to play. What seemed to be a weakness on paper had a bend but not break attitude as they turned KSU over 4 times and sacked QB Collin Klein 5 times. OLB Jimmie Gaines had 10 tackles 1 sack and a INT. Next week the defending champs come to town as Florida brings the #1 team in the country to Sun Life Stadium. We shall do a write up about the rivalry a little later today.

4. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Booooooooooooooooooooooo

I really wish I could have replayed but parties take priority. Playing crunk when the team is on the line is no way to play this game.

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

We could of just played a half with me up 14 but you didn't even feel like doing that.

6. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I left like 5 minutes after the game ended. It's not a big deal and it'll be more fun to build up a team this time around.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

so WTF just happened?

8. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Clemson loses 29-10 to Oklahoma. Game was in doubt until Stills catches a long TD pass on 3rd and 12 with OU up 6 with 2 mins to go. He scores and then on the next play Boyd throws a pick 6. Both defenses were stout as the only scores were on long plays and the rest of the game wasn't much offensive movement. Killer play was in the first half when OU's QB somehow avoided getting blown up and threw a strike to Stills for about a 50 yd TD...crazy play but it happens.

GG jandy...sorry Nautica...I tried to be less predictable but I don't think I pulled it off :oops:

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, it's ok brah. Like I said, we shall work on it for ya

10. sonn

sonn Walk On

Work on it after week 5. ;)

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol

12. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

sonn

Don't be a hater because AJ is starting "fire sonn" websites in blow-up...LOL. By week 5 my offense will be so unpredicatable even I won't know what I'm doing :p . Or I could be 0-4 and starting all freshman to prepare for next season.

13. jandy

jandy Walk On

29[​IMG][​IMG]10
    This was a close one until the end, as the Sooners pulled out a win in Death Valley. The first score of the game came on a 3rd and 1, when HB Andre Ellington broke through the line and went 71 yards for the touchdown. The Oklahoma defense was able to recover after the big play and hold Clemson to only 3 points for the remainder of the game. Big plays on offense led the Sooners to victory, with WR Kenny Stills catching long touchdowns of 48 and 69 yards. QB Drew Allen played less than stellar, completing only 8 of 21 passes. He was able to throw 2 TD's, but he really needs to improve on his completion percentage.

Oklahoma begins Big 12 play in two weeks against a new addition, SMU.

14. sonn

sonn Walk On

I just want to continue my winning streak against you. :)

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 24
    Auburn 21

Auburn received the ball to start the game and the offense looked great as they rolled to a 5-minute scoring drive. Then Kansas countered back with a 4:26 scoring drive to tie it up. The teams exchanged TD’s as Auburn was able to tie it up on a long drive with 3 minutes remaining to bring the score to 21-21. Kansas was able to move the ball although they needed some heroics from their new starting QB Mike Cummings. Cummings looked great all day and was able to evade a very good Auburn pass rush by using his feet. The play of the day was on 3rd and goal from the 12, when Cummings barely got out of the collapsing pocket and somehow found 5’8” DJ Beshears in a crowd in the end zone. Alex Mueller made the cluth kick from 44 yards out to win the game with under 10 seconds remaining. Kansas now sits at 2-0 and has 2 consecutive bye weeks before they break into Big XII play against newcomers BYU.

Mike Cummings (QB)- 11-14 for 160 yards, TD, 6 carries for 28 yards, TD
    James Sims (HB)- 12 carries for 71 yards
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 8 carries for 35 yards, TD, 1 reception for 58 yards
    DJ Beshears (WR)- 3 receptions for 41 yards, TD
    Keeston Terry (FS)- 10 tackles

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

WAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!????? Are we advancing today?

17. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

UGA and Texas still have to play I think they are playing this afternoon

18. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

sonn
    I'd love to respond with excellent trash talk but I think given my talent level in this game I'm going to keep a low profile and hope you're drunk or high when we play. Oh...and I need your address...it's my turn to send you the hookers this year :D

19. jandy

jandy Walk On

Wow look at Kapono knocking off the big dogs...I look forward to our match-up this year man

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Should be a huge game. Especially with us in the same division. Also, I'm loving this RS freshman QB I have now. Webb is an 88 but Cummings is a 79. I seem to pass and run better with Cummings in.

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

And Bulldog I noticed Texas doesn't play OU this season. If you can you should probably try to make that one of the protected rivalries in the Big XII

• Like Like x 1
  22. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'm most concerned about James Sims, that guy's a beast

23. Bulldog

Yeah we are gonna have to make sure we get all the BIG12 games right next season.

24. Bulldog

tonight....pay attention :rolleyes:

25. sonn

sonn Walk On

Ha.. my girlfriend might shoot them.. and me.

Plus the way my last few user games have gone you won't need any help winning.