Week 2 Game Summaries (2013)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Post em

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 45
    Alabama 44 (2OT)

Since, EA wouldn't let stiff and me play, we just super-simmed it so we could find out who won the game immediately. Bama was up 31-10 at the end of the 3rd, but somehow Kansas turned on the jets and scored 3 TD's in the final 1:36. (Don't ask me how that happened, I have no clue). But when I was simming, if I recall, one of the TD's came in the beginning of the quarter, but the recap says I scored with :08 remaining and :15 remaining, which seems impossible. Sucks for stiff though, as I wish we could have gotten this one in. In OT both teams scored, then Bama missed their extra point, and Kansas won by 1 point.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  3. sonn

sonn Walk On

Smith wills FSU to 31-10 victory​
    The Seminoles had no business winning this game and without the superb play of MLB Telvin Smith they wouldn't have. Smith had a monster game accumulating 13 total tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and 2 interceptions. ​
    Smith picked off Auburn QB Clint Moseley on the Tigers' first play from scrimmage, broke a couple of tackles and returned 31 yards for the touchdown for the only points of the quarter. For much of the first half the Seminole offense was pathetic FSU QB Clint Trickett either had passes batted down at the line of scrimmage, made poor reads or had passes dropped by his receivers. With the passing game struggling the Tigers were able to focus on RB James Wilder keeping him bottled up as well. ​
    Auburn was finally able to get on the scoreboard on a 47 field goal from Cody Parkey. On the very next play Tiger DB Scott Stephens stepped in front of a Trickett pass and returned it to the one yard line which was punched in by RB Tre Mason. But the Seminoles quickly retook the lead as Trickett found WR Kenny Shaw deep which was followed by a 33 yard scoring run from Wilder with 1:15 remaining in the half.​
    But the Seminoles seemingly left too much time for the Tigers as Moseley found WR Trovon Reed for a 49 yard pass that bought the ball inside the 5 yard line. After a couple of runs saw the ball at the 1 Smith made his second big play of the game as he sacked Moseley forcing a fumble allowing FSU to enter the half with a slim 14-10 margin.​
    Midway through the 3rd Moseley took a big hit from DE Giorgio Newberry and had to leave the game with a concussion. On the first pass backup QB Keihl Frazier threw he was picked off by Smith. FSU had a long sustained drive that culminated in a 2 yard score from Wilder. Maurice Wright later added a field goal to give FSU a 24-10 lead. FSU pulled away with 2 more touchdowns in the 4th giving them the 38-10 win. ​
    FSU Key Player​
    MLB Telvin Smith 13 Total Tackles, TFL, Sack, FF, 2 Int, TD​

4. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Clemson shocks the league, wins 20-0 at Oklahoma

After a delay in the game being played due to lag issues, Clemson finally travelled to Oklahoma and gave Coach Keves perhaps the biggest victory of his Clemson career. The tigers went up 7-0 on a 5 yd Mike Bellamy run. Clemson was driving on their next possession until OU picked off a Tahj Boyd pass and took it back inside Clemson's 20. However, on 3rd down, Clemson LB Tony Steward jumped a pass over the middle and got the ball back for Clemson. Chandler Catanzaro kicked a 37 yd FG and then Clemson was able to get the down the field right before the half and Catanzaro kicked a 39 yarder as time expired to give Clemson a 13-0 halftime lead.
    Midway through the third, Tahj Boyd snuck it in from the 1 for the last score of the game and a 20-0 victory for the Tigers. The Tigers have always come up short in big user games, but perhaps this is the season they make a name for themselves in RMG.

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

UGA was on BYE