Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Snozberriez8198, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Aug 28, 2012
  2. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

Aug 24, 2012
    Texans beat the Jags 35-14

Texans take care of business in Everbank Field beating the Jags 35 - 14.

It was a close game until the end of the 1st half with 10 seconds on the clock JJ. Watt intercepts a HB screen which set up a TD reception from Schaub to Johnny Knox. From then it was all Texans capitilizing on turnovers and playing mistake free football.

Texans Statistics

Foster averaged 5.5 per rush while rishing for over 100 yards

Johnson had 5 receptions for over 100 yards and a TD reception.

Schuab ended the day with 3 TD and no interceptions.
  3. BLACKJ414

BLACKJ414 Walk On

Jun 23, 2009

In one of the most historic rivals in the NFL, the Packers (2-0) relied on their passing attack and a big day from WR Jordy Nelson to defeat the Bears 31-21. Coming off a very sloppy performance against the 49ers in week 1, the Packers were determined to get their offense going this week. "Good win for us today, it's always nice to beat a rival and pick up another early season win.'' said QB Aaron Rodgers after the game. Rodgers finished the day with 356 passing yards along with completing 16 of 21 passes. Newly acquired Jonathan Stewart provided 69 yards on ground on only 13 rushes and 2 TD.

The Bears struggled on offense all game long with Cutler being pressured constantly, and a noticeable amount of dropped passes. Cutler finished the day with 268 passing yards and completed only 13 of 33 passes. He also threw 2 interceptions. Bears WR Brandon Marshall was shut down by Packers newcomer Leon Hall as well, who was traded in the recent deal with the Bengals.

-Matt Forte 6 ATT 39 YARDS
    -Kellen Davis 5 REC 108 YARDS
    -Brian Urlacher 7 TACKLES
    -Tramon Williams 2 INT
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Dec 8, 2012
    Steelers Win A Close One at Home (Jets 31 Steelers 37, OT)
    Troy J.

In a game that saw momentum shift after momentum shift, the Steelers inched out a win over the New York Jets in a close contest that saw both teams demonstrate their offensive power. The game started with a bang, with New York running back Shonn Greene taking the first play of the game eighty yards down field for a touchdown.

Things don't slow down from there. Like two heavyweight boxers in a championship fight, both teams slugged it out. Steelers receiver Antonio Brown had a banner night, catching four passes for 142 yards and two touchdowns.

After a week where many questioned Mark Sanchez' ability as a starting quarterback in the NFL, he played extremely well, finishing with thirteen of twenty-one passes completed for three touchdowns and 288 yards. Sanchez couldn't keep up with the Steeler's onslaught though, as Ben Rothlisberger led the team with 345 yards through the air and four TD passes.

The game went into overtime with both teams at 31 points. After winning the coin toss, the Steelers marched down the field to score a touchdown and take the win.

"They played a great game," Jets coach Dan Koziar was quoted as saying, "and so did we. I couldn't have asked for much more from our guys and it came down to the wire. It could have gone either way, and they just happened to be on the winning end in this one."

Ben Rothlisberger received player of the game honors for his contribution to the win. "This was a great one," he was quoted as saying, "I'm just glad we came out on top!"

On a personal note - this was, bar none, the best game of Madden I've ever played. Wanted to thank Troy J. for being such a great competitor and a great player. It was all clean, good football and he came out with the win. Thanks so much for the experience!
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Aug 28, 2012
    Great write up
  6. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Aug 7, 2012
    Lions Outlast Niners and Capitalize on Dropped Passes in 21-17 Victory
    "Other than our good start, we didn't win this game. We just got lucky on their bad breaks." Coach Westcott commented after the game. From a certain perspective, he was right.
    The Lions started the game solid, with a touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress. He later added another and gave Detroit a solid 14-3 lead but the alarming thing was the open lanes the 49'ers kept getting on the suspect Lions secondary that their wideouts kept dropping. "I felt that we didn't beat them and they beat themselves and as a coach, you never feel great about that." Westcott said during the press conference "This was my first meeting in my career against coach Jason Shorter and for me to count about 7 dropped passes at least and to only win by 4 is a testament to how he didn't give up and how good of a coach he is."
    With the Lions having a solid 21-3 after a Jahvid Best TD run, the Niners rolled back in the game with several key plays to help them back in it. Kaepernick hit on a pair of touchdown passes to Ginn and Manningham and getting an onsides kick back to have one last chance and all the momentum to steal the victory. Then attack of the stone hands returned to the Niners and forced them into a 4 and out to help Detroit to get out and start out 2-0 for a victory. "It's tough to take this win and I will, but we need to polish some things and need to address issues." Westcott concluded but the Lions fans will take 2-0 every single year.
    Stafford 13/16 186 yrds 2TD Player of the Game
    Kaepernick 12/33 180 yrds 2TD 1 INT​
    Best 12 att 36 yrds 1 TD​
    Gore 9 att 29 yrds​
    V. Davis 4 rec 75 yrds​
    Burress 2 rec 38 yrds 2TD​
  7. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Sep 18, 2012
    it was a tremendous game, people should look out for New York this year.