Week 2 Game Summaries, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 24, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Deuces

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UCF 13
    BC 10

UCF was able to gain a 10-0 advantage going into halftime thanks to their dominant defense. They held all-ACC HB Montel Harris to just 43 yards in the game. Besides a FG allowed, UCF played very well defensively in the 3rd quarter, but both their passing and rushing attack were not very successful. Early in the 3rd, up 10-3 UCF looks to run some clock, but a quick pass to the tight end resulted in a fumble. Boston College easily scored a touchdown on the ensuing drive and had all the momentum. But UCF was able to drive and use over 4 minutes of clock en route to a 48-yard FG with 1:53 remaining. BC went 4-and-out, and UCF was able to run the clock out to win the game and go 2-0 on the season. QB Jeff Godfrey was the player of the game on offense going 9-20 with 125 yards passing. He also added a rushing TD. FS Kemal Ishamel played well on defense getting 8 tackles (1 for loss) and the game winning pass deflection.

UCF is now 2-0 after 2 scary victories. They face in-state FIU next week, and then play the Mormons before a bye week. They will open up their C-USA schedule with a game against Marshall.

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

ASU 20 - Memphis 27

I stuck to my run game early and often and that proved to be my saving grace. ASU passed a lot which caused many 3 and outs. I definitely like using Memphis at times especially with the games being close and coming down to the end.

4. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Rice gets destroyed again this time by Purdue; 49-24. Not a fan of Heisman. Its good for about 80% of the game but then the CPU gets occasional plays that look like they've been predetermined to be TDs. Purdue's 86 OVR rb runs 13 times for 237 yards. Just threw my defenders off like rag dolls and would still have 3-4 extra blockers down field. I haven't been able to run at all- my 84 rb takes 19 carries for 43 yards, I don't think my O-Line is THAT bad...

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Oshiball vs the Golden Eagles! with a 34-14 win

my offense is improving but no where near conference title contender at this point. I played a very conservative game and was able to rush for two scores but my pass percentage is pathetic still. My QB is a year or two away from being a real trust worthy guy but im making things work. MiniTron and Ward are a good one two punch in the backfield.

Defense is where it's at. all my impact players are making a huge impact already this year. Vinny racked up another sack and a half Omar Brown took an interception back 95 yards for a score. Sophomore Corner Monty Lovett had a shot at a long TD of his own but was run down from behind as he crossed field. Just before half, Derek Mitchell scooped up a muffed punt and scored to kill any momentum SMU had going into half. One of the SMU TDs came on a kick return TD so special teams is a concern but the defense looks pretty good

6. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

[​IMG][​IMG]

Season One - Week 2: Florida 66 - UAB 7

Coach Lung and his UAB Blazers learned they have a lot of work in store for them saturday, getting absolutely demolished by the Gators of Florida. the Gators defense played with great determination and ferocity, forcing 7 interceptions. UAB had difficulty getting anything going offensively, the running game was sub par, and UAB's backfield had to work for every yard. Coach Lung and his Blazers look to bounce back next week against the Tulane Green Wave.

Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 9.27.55 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 9.29.14 PM.png

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How should i write a game summary for a game that is a sim win? Should i just do it for the game we played the disconnected with 50 seconds left?

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

What ended up happening for you guys, are you going to SuperSim until you win?

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It would d/c on us it disconnected like a total of 5 times all at different points. He was up 34-27 and was about to score again with 50 seconds left but it d/ced us again so I just gave him the win.

10. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

THE GREENWAVE GETS THEIR FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON
    Tulane pulls off an upset victory over Tulsa 28-17. Despite the fact that the Super Dome had about 30% capacity full, the team went out there and gave their all. Both teams played a tough defensive game, only giving up 7 points each in the first half. Tulsa took lead in the 3rd quarter out scoring Tulane 10-7. In fact, if it wasn't for a fumble TD recovery by Cameron DeJean SS, this game would have gotten away from the Greenwave. The 4th quarter was all Tulane led by backup HB Albert Williams who scored 2 rushing TDs which help secure the lead and win for Tulane. "We were just happy to get out of this game with the win. When you give up 4 turnovers in a game, you typically don't win. We fought through it and was able to pull out the victory." says Coach Slim Shady. Next up for Tulane is UAB. Can the Greenwave start off this season 2-0 for the first time in school history? We can't wait to find out.

11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

That damn fumble just deflated us man! U played great offense in the 4th man, still pissed I let that game get away! Lol

12. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Hey fellas. Waiting on Irish to text me his info so I can sign into his GT and adv. Should happen pretty soon and then onto week 3

13. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

sounds good DMan!

14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Sweet! Got ok st, can't wait (in my bart scott voice)