Week 2 Game Summaries, S8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by UofCWildcat, May 26, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

UNLV Picks off Another Win

UNLV played the huskies last season and they were not ready to lose to them two years running. "Washington was a home and home because they were the reason our old recruiting advisor was fired." Says Coach Beardown. "They were taking players from us left and right, and WR Randy McCoy was one of those guys. And he definitely showed how much of a miss not getting him was." The WR had 156 yards for 2 scores. "He was really something after all." The offense's rushing attack was a little watered down against the Husky defense but Brent still ripped off 100 yards and before getting hurt for 3 weeks, Ken Keith had 54 yards. "These guys are the real deal. I just wish Ken wasn't hurt. He is a great asset to our game. I know Ken will do anything to get back on that field." Says Coach Beardown. "I'm excited for the added touches. I will definitely make them count." Says Brent Williams. The Rebels travel to Provo the face Fuzzy10gic and the Cougars of BYU

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 45 USC 42

"WHAT THE F*&K?!" Is what everybody was saying as they saw the final score of Wyoming vs USC. Of course USC was favorited to beat my precious Cowboys, but Wyoming never gives up and everybody knows that. Wyoming chose to receive and got the ball to start out. They had a great drive going thanks to Beck, the freshman QB but the drive was crushed as they got into the 20 yard line. They tried a field goal and they missed, crushed the Cowboys offense sat on the bench. USC came out and tried to come out passing which was a pretty bad idea. Wyoming was shutting down passes left and right on USC's first possession and they were forced to punt going 3 and out. Wyoming came out with the arm of Beck to try and score and it worked. Wyoming went up 7-0. USC came back out and noticed passing wasn't going to work so they started running, Wyoming and their players never did seem to get the hang of wrapping up and USC marched down the field by just running. USC surprised the Cowboys on a pass play to put up 6 on the board. Wyoming came out and couldn't find anything going and was forced to punt huge disappointment. USC ran the ball and Wyoming knew it was coming but one broken tackle sealed the drive they capitalized on a 40+ yard run to go up 14-7. That was the end of the first half. USC got the ball back after halftime and was hauled to a stop on there fierce drive and was forced to punt. Beck once again showed why he will turn into a monster next season by throwing on USC's superb secondary to put some points on the board. USC came out with a great kick return and USC once again ran on us for a 59 yard touchdown scamper USC went up 21-14. Wyoming came back out with Beck and once again silenced the crowd with his amazing find's in the coverage to tie the game up 21-21. In the 4th quarter with 3 min's left USC led a hell of a drive leaving Wyoming with only 30 seconds left to try and score. Well Wyoming didn't disappoint at all and Beck found Witherspoon on a long bomb with 8 seconds left and put us on USC's 14 Wyoming called a timeout. Beck found the TE Frye for a score to tie the game up 28 all. We went into overtime and Wyoming started with the ball. You guessed it Beck once again stunned the crowd looking like a future Peyton Manning out there throwing it well and putting points on the board. Sean Hamilton rushed it in for 4 to go up 35-28. USC once again ran the ball down our throats to tie 35 all. They got the ball back and threw the ball great to go up 42-35. Beck came out with his arm again to do some work setting us up on the USC 4 and Sean Hamilton rushed it in. 42 all. Wyoming's D came to play this round USC tried to throw it all 3 downs and before you know it it was 4th and 19 2 screens failed and a false start penalty helped us. They missed the field goal giving Wyoming's Randy Wilson to close the game. 45-42.

Brandon Beck- 30-46 461 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Air Force Get Easy Victory
    Air Force 27
    New Mexico 3

This game was all Air Force, except for a New Mexico FG with 10 seconds remaining. New Mexico’s defense did not play well, but was able to hold Air Force to 2 FG’s deep in the red zone. I’m pretty happy losing just 27-3, not too much of a blowout vs. the #11 team in the country. New Mexico definitely has a QB controversy now. Aaron Cook started and was just 9-17 with and INT. Scott Johnson came in the 4th and went 5-5 to set up the only New Mexico points of the game. The reason for the lopsided defeat was the UNM running game. William Burton ran for just 23 yards on 11 carries. Air Force QB Mike Berry passé for 269 yards, 3 TD, on no INT’s on just 18 attempts. New Mexico is now 0-1 and will face a ranked Nebraska team next week.

New Mexico Player Stats
    Aaron Cook (QB)- 9-17 for 77 yards, INT, 20 rush yards
    Scott Johnson (QB)- 5-5 for 48 yards, 6 rush yards
    Will Burton (HB)- 11 rushes for 23 yards
    Dane Carr (WR)- 5 receptions for 60 yards
    Kevin Gooden (WR)- 2 receptions for 42 yards
    Kyle Espinosa (SS)- 5 tackles, TFL
    Chris McCall (FS)- 4 tackles, 2 TFL
    Jason Russ (OLB)- 5 tackles, TFL, sack

Good game to Air Force

• Like Like x 1
  4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

^Solid first writeup. If you want to a measuring stick of where you stack up the game against Air Force will always deliver. A 24pt loss, as I said in my other post, isn't bad at all especially when the offense stalled most of the game.

5. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Way to compete man....

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

thank god for multiple TVs. Once I lost my QB for 8 weeks, I spent most of this game against elk playing "Words with friends" with 3 different friends and watching softball
    hooray softball
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

BYU - 46
    FSU - 43

"Never give up, never surrender."

BYU traveled to hostile territory in Tallahassee in week 2 to face the Seminoles. Experts predicted an easy win for Florida State, but the Cougars had other plans.​

First Quarter

BYU won the coin toss, and deferred to receive the ball in the second half. The defense forced a three and out on FSU's first drive, but the Cougar offense stalled as well. The Seminoles scored on their next drive, with a big 59 yard TD pass to Means from Raymond. BYU found some success running the ball, which carried them into the second. 7-0 Florida State.​

Second Quarter

The Cougars were stopped on third down, but luckily were well within field goal range. Bell nailed it through the uprights to make it a 7 - 3 game. Florida State wasted no time in responding, and Raymond threw another TD pass. This time it went to P. Charles for 24 yards. 14-3 FSU. On BYU's next drive, A. Moore coughed up the ball on a second down. The freshman struggled today with fumbles, this was his first of two. The Seminoles capitalized with another TD, 21 - 3 FSU. Florida State started loading the box and bringing heavy pressure; they didn't have much faith that Maxwell could get it down field. On a first down play, he found A. Gibson running a streak down the side line, and he was wide open. Gibson snagged the pass, and sprinted down the field for a 72 yard TD. 21-10 FSU. BYU made a big stop on defense, and drove the ball down the field and got in field goal range just before the half. Bell made it, and it was now 21-13 FSU.​

Third Quarter

The Cougars got the ball first to begin the second half, and put together a nice drive that ended with a 2 yard TD run by J. Williamson. The two point conversion failed, and it was 21-19 FSU. BYU held the Seminoles to just a FG on their next drive, putting them behind 24-19, but Maxwell threw his second INT of the day on the ensuing drive. Luckily, BYU's defense held strong and forced a punt. The punt sailed above the returner's head, and was going to land within the 5 yard line. The returner didn't touch it, and it magically stopped rolling right at the 1. The Cougars called a run from a heavy formation, but Moore was still tackled in the backfield, giving FSU the safety. 26-19 FSU. BYU kicked the ball off, and the Seminoles scored yet again off of another big pass play. 33-19 FSU.​

Fourth Quarter

For most coaches, it would be easy to pack this one in and settle for a loss. Your team is young offensively, your down by 14, and you're entering the fourth quarter in one of the most elite and loudest stadiums in the country. The Cougars decided to play their hearts out instead. Maxwell put together a nice drive, and finally had some consistency in his passes. Moore ran in a short 1 yard TD to close the gap to 33-26 FSU. The Cougars needed a big stop on defense, and delivered. They forced a punt, and Maxwell led his team down the field once again with precision. The drive was ended in a similar fashion, with a 1 yd TD run by Moore. By this time, there were only 13 seconds left on the clock, and the Seminoles were forced to settle for OT. 33-33.​

First Overtime

BYU got the ball first in this overtime, and things quickly went south. There was a run for 0 yards on first, and on second and third down, Maxwell got sacked. This forced a 4th and 21, well out of Bell's range for a FG, so the Cougars were forced to go for it. Maxwell took the snap and made a quick read and saw Moss wide open in the middle of the field. He threw a nice pass, and Moss converted the first down before going down. On the next play, A. Moore ran the ball to the right, and took it to to the house for an 11 yard TD run. FSU quickly responded, and scored on a short pass play. 40-40.​

Second Overtime

Florida State would play offense first this time, and BYU's defense did the impossible and forced a three and out. FSU had to settle for a FG. BYU came out on the field very confident, and a few plays into the drive, Moore found some space and sprinted past the defense for a 25 yard TD run! BYU comes out on top, 46-43. Despite the 4 turnovers and two overtimes, BYU comes out of the dog fight victorious, and establishes an impressive 2-0 record on the season.

Stat Leaders:

B. Maxwell 22/35 382 yds 1 TD 2 INTs

A. Moore 22 atts 125 yds 4 TDS
    J. Williamson 8 atts 33 yds 1 TD

C. Williams 5 recs 92 yds
    A. Crawford 5 recs 87 yds
    R. Moss 4 recs 75 yds
    A. Gibson 3 recs 108 yds 1 TD

T. McDougal 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack
    A. Harris 2 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks

8. IrishBearcat

^Most don't look like that though, lol. (was referring to oshios post before fuzzy got between us! smh)

COLORADO STATE: 37
    SAN DIEGO STATE: 7

Started hot out the gate with a 3 and out (had a chance for an early pick six, but my DBs have stonehands *facepalm*

First offensive play of the game I throw to myself (edit rosters #winning) for a touchdown to set the tone early on both sides of the ball. The defenses really tightened up for the remained of the half. Oshio's QB "Getaway" Van suffered an injury putting him out for 8 weeks early. My defense was really laying down some ferocious hits which is fun to watch. I got some offensive sizzle going but Oshio's redzone defense is always strong and held me to 2 field goals. Rams led 13-0 at half.

Ballin with a WR at QB Oshio put together a very impressive drive. It took the Aztecs probably more tries than it should have once they got inside the 5 but they did punch it in to cut the deficit to 6. The very next play I went straight at Vaughn and Oshio whiffed on the pick, I spun, and he whiffed on the tackle. My first four star signee of my tenure, Justin Higdon, took it to the house for six to make it 20-7 CSU.

The rest was pretty much garbage on both sides. I added a field goal on a legit drive to ice the game, but after that it was just play to get off the field. Oshio ended up throwing 2 more picks. Led to an easy touchdown inside the 30 with 5 min left in the ball game or so. After the second I gave a dive play from the gun to my freshman RB Holley and he took it around the edge and 7 SDSU would-be-tacklers didn't even get a finger on him as he went around the edge for six. That'll look nice on the box score as SDSU SHUT DOWN the run attack. Both sides did a good job stuffing the run, and ultimately the side with the better QB and a defense that made more plays won the ball game.

Feel bad your QB went down man, where's the depth you're supposed to be recruiting in Cali tho!? GG as always, I know you'll find a way to make the season a great one even if Vaughn as leading the offense lol.

Wisconsin will be the tune up for the game of the year, as always, AIR FORCE V COLORADO STATE!

9. IrishBearcat

Jeez all these overtime games against CPU games, bunch of DRAMA QUEENS!

lol on a seriously note very impressive win! It's fun when the sliders are competitive enough to make you pay when you play bad, but not super insane enough to not reward you for playing well. These are type of wins that help give programs momentum and push them over the top.

Looks like my predictions lit a few fires under some asses. Glad to see some of you vaginas respond! :)

10. fuzzyl0gic

Haha thanks. It was one of those fun and exciting games where it felt like it was almost as intense as a user game. When I converted the 4th and 21 in the first OT, I really wanted to jizz in my pants. I thought it was impossible, but Randy Moss made it look easy.

11. IrishBearcat

4th and 21? Holy shit! Sorry, I usually read these summaries intensely when I work at the library on night shift.

I would've been dancing where I stood haha

12. fuzzyl0gic

My roommate thought I had just won the lottery or something. When I explained the excitement was over a video game achievement, he called me retarded. Haha.

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

fun fact: Vaughn doesnt play safety anymore. First play u scored on was him playing CB. you probably had the catch anyway but i totally blew coverage and ur guy had a clear path to the endzone there

then the play u mentioned that i quoted was my frosh Wilson who I thought was actually in decent position for a play and he didnt go for the ball and was behind ur WR. dunno what happened after u caught it because he freaked out

my defense is legit this year. and it was frustrating to see myself blow my chance on 3 of ur long scores

14. IrishBearcat

Hmm I thought he played safety and you always usered him. Well who ever it was I blew by them for six.

Your defense gets pressure, but the back end has its holes. I don't think any of the MWC defenses are really even close to being elite.

15. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Your defense was definitely solid especially in the red zone. QB Berry found some holes in the coverage that helped them on offense. I was excited to see him put together a solid performance. You will get better with time and a QB that doesn't overthrow its WRs. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1