Week 2 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wreck'em, Jul 26, 2010.

1. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

Week 2 Game Summaries

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a crazy game. There were 14 turnovers between the CPU and I. There were 8 picks and 6 fumbles. It was ridiculous.

2. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

3. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

[​IMG]

The game was actually very balanced. The Miners moved the ball but could not score.

[​IMG]

I typed a story three times and lost it each time on the Dynasty Wire... I am going to wait before trying again.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

* I lost my story on the dynasty wire and now I can't even get the game stats, pictires or anything

TCU's rough start to the season continued against the second consecutive ranked team dropping what was a close one through 3 1/2 quarters to Iowa 42-28. Iowa would take control early and score 2 TDs on defense plus another to make it 21-0 with less than 3 minutes to go in the first half.

TCU would then put together a nice drive culminating in a TD to make it 21-7 with around 2 minutes to go before halftime. The Horned Frogs would force a quick 3 and out and use all their timeouts to get the ball back and try to get another score. 2 plays later TCU would score on a big pass play to make it 21-14 Iowa at the half.

The second half would see TCU score a TD to tie, quickly followed by an Iowa TD, which was then again followed by a quick TCU TD. With the score knotted at 28 with less than 3 minutes to go in the game, Iowa RB Adam Robinson would break a 50 plus yard TD run while TCU was just hoping to stop them and get the ball back. After a late turnover, Iowa would put up another TD to close the game out and put the Horned Frogs at in a dismal position with a brutal 0-2 record to start the season.

5. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

The SMU Mustangs open C-USA play with a much needed home win against UAB. After allowing a long drive to open the game the SMU defense decided it was time to play and shut down the UAB offense. Kyle Padron led the Mustang offense throwing for 4 touchdowns and running for one more. At the beginning of the 4th quarter nickelback JR McConico jumped all over a wide receiver screen and took it back 32 yards for a score. SMU's final score was on a 3rd and 12 when attempting to convert a first down star wide receiver Aldrick Robinson found himself all alone and strolled into the endzone for a 31 yard score.

Final Score:
    SMU: 52
    UAB: 7

The SMU Mustangs and new coach Mizzourah have to get back to work as they take on a tough Pac-10 opponent in Washington State next week.

Edit: would someone mind telling me how to resize paint pictures. Every time I take a screenshot and save it in paint, the picture only covers a small corner when I try to post it as an img.

6. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I am not great at tech stuff... but it was super easy to use the Screenhunter and then Photobucket directions that were posted - don't know if that helps or not...

I had to dig around, but in photobucket there is a section that pops up the links and all you have to do is copy the code for blog posting and then paste it right in here.

7. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Thanks Big Bear, I had never heard of screenhunter, I was just using the old print screen and then pasting it into microsoft paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got some real lucky breaks at the start and sort of held form there, JDBattleMC, has some skills to be sure. I was so nervous that I basically did nothing, but run the after a little more then half way through the third.:eek: BYU has a good defense, however and all my prep for the option really helped.

EDIT: err sorry forgot to change sub-headline before taking my pics and I am too lazy to take another.:p

9. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Crazy crazy crazy - 15 attempts for 0 yd avg...
    I couldn't stop the Air Force ground game, well done.

Would have loved to see some highlights.

10. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

Yeah the team got really good penetration, so good in fact on one option play my defensive end caught his pitch. In addition he had a option play where he pitched it late and ran back-words (I think that was caused by lag as was most likely my guy catching the pitch on a different play) so that does't help. I also ran a lot of 3-4 and 4-4 in an attempt to try to seal the outside.

Next time against one of us, I will save some video, I was just so excited to get the win that I didn't really think about it. The game was the perfect storm for me on defense and save for one drive it seemed like it I always just called the right play at the right time.

Next week is going to be tough Florida state away, I will have to run through the match up(play now style) a ton for practice. I did the same spending more hours then I care to admit prepping for Jc.:eek:

11. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

I think I had a problem with my connection last night, I played two games and they suffered from just AWFUL lag, whereas my game with Big Bear was picture perfect on the lag front. This lead me to just play awful, and scared, and RFLAGG was just pwning me off the edge, I can't lie. When his DE/OLB is in the backfield before I can hit the edge, it makes it near impossible to run the option, and as you can see i could get nothing going on the ground.

Furthermore, I went down 14-0 really early, and I started playing totally scared. Going for it on 4th down in my part of the field, on plays that I really would have been better off punting. I was in a panic though, without an option Air Force isn't going to beat you through the air, and I was running a triple option not a wishbone, meaning that I didnt have a lot of different option looks to throw at BYU. His running back was impossible to stop. The Falcons arent going to win a lot of shootouts, our game is predicated on getting a lead, then grinding. Jefferson really couldnt get it going and I felt out of sorts all game. The lag made me feel weird about optioning because a pitch out of the clutch feels so dirty to me. I WILL be bringing the pain to my next opponent though I am going on vacation until 8.10, starting tomorrow AM (I WILL be recruiting).

12. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Also, that weird running backwards thing that happened to me TWICE, is apparently a PA bug, which they have now fixed:

"NCAA FOOTBALL 11 CLIENT UPDATE 2

More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue."

13. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

Yeah the lag was bad not sure why, but it was at times it would be crazy like input a control, but a pass had already flew over head etc. That glitch too man really looking forward to the next time we meet hopefully no issuses will taint our game. :(This thread here talks about connection speeds an such, but the op doesn't talk about how he made such a improvement it is a shame really, because I have pretty similar stats when I do the test.(4.73 dl 0.74 up) anybody tech savvy an mind throwing me some help? Connection seems fine for streaming media, mmorpgs, downloading stuff, and all the other PlayStation games I have thrown at it, but I hate to think my end caused the lag.

One of the things about ncaa to me it seems like momentum is a bit too much a part of the game's outcome. I have played the same teams, both cpu and user, when I got a early break then the floodgates open and I win big nothing I run can be stopped, On the other end if the cpu catches an early break I struggle all game long and plays that I usually shine with are getting little or no yards. Maybe it is all on me and I press to much when I am behind.

14. RazorFang

RazorFang Walk On

15. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

HOUSTON HANDLES THE BRUINS

[​IMG]

In the unusually rainy confines of the Rose Bowl, Houston's defense continued to get better. An underated and talented Kevin Prince played well at QB for the Bruins, ducking many potential sacks.

Case Keenum was calm in the pocket waiting for his receivers to come open. He even scrambled for the first Cougar TD of the game.

[​IMG]

Diminutive slot receiver Patrick Edwards was having a breakout game at 200+ yds, catching pass after pass through the middle of the field. His 5'9" frame could not hold up to the pounding and he suffered and abdominal strain that will keep him out for 8 weeks. A big loss given that the Cougars are still trying to compensate for the absence of the injured Bryce Beall, their starting halfback.

The Cougars claw to 2-1 while the Bruins stumble to a surprising 0-3 record. Coach Bear was thrilled with his talented receiving corps, but clearly felt bad for Edwards, who the team hopes to have back for the end of the season.

[​IMG]