Week 2 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ToBeast4U, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ToBeast4U

ToBeast4U Guest

Week 2 Game Summaries

[​IMG]

[​IMG] AT [​IMG]

The Gamecocks Came in ranked #24 Nationally and were heavy favorites against 1-0 Vanderbilt. Stephen Garcia Came out throwing completing his first 10 passes. The Gamecocks looked like a different team then what was on the field last week against Penn St.

Coach ToBeast was asked after the game, "What did your team do different against Vanderbilt then last week vs Penn St." " Well we did a lot of things different, We didnt turn the ball over as much, and we came in with more intensity. If we keep doing those things we are going to be a very tough team to beat."

The Gamecocks got up 33-0 early and it was that dominating defense that we expected to see at the start of the season that performed today in a very impressive 39-14 win.

2. Texas A&M At Tennessee

An easy win but lost starting RB Arian Foster for 8 weeks.

Texas A&M came into Knoxville with upset in their mind but they did everything beside that, QB Stephen Mcgee got pulled with only 91 yards throwing on 9 for 12 and backup Jerrod Johnson only threw for 10 yards for 1 for 2.

Arian Foster got injured during the first half while he had 49 yards on 8 carries and back up Montario Hardesty came in for Arian and ran wild against the A&M D rushing for 121 yards with 1TD on 32 carries. The defence got 4 sacks and a forced fumble and had pressure whole game against A&M.

Score 41-10 and Tennessee starts the year 2-0.

3. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

LSU had a Big win over #20 Oregon with Holliday and Lafell having Big days. Final score 51-17. QB Jefferson threw 25 times with 15 completions for 357 yards, 5 TD's and 2 picks. Holliday 17 rushes for 197 yards with 2 td's. Lafell- 9 rec. for 151 yds and 4 td's. Toliver 5 rec. for 175 yds and 0 td's. Defense was strong.

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

[​IMG]

(Dolphin Stadium, Miami)

The #7 Tigers traveled to #25 Miami and gave Miami and Coach Bucknut his first loss of the new season winning 30-7 in another rain soaked game.

Mizzou went up on top 7-0 in the first quarter when a Hurrican defender slipped and fell freeing WR Danario Alexander to haul in the catch and go
    47 yards for the opening score.

The U continued to struggle on offense as the Tiger defense mixed up the coverage and pressured the quarterback from all over the field. The Mizzou defense brought in 7 interceptions for the day and brought constant pressure.

"We wanted to get to QB early and often and our guys sold out and made it happen," said Coach PK. "I tip my hat to Coach Bucknut, because he never gave up and never ceased to bring the blitz. He kept us guessing all game and fortunately we guessed right."

QB Chase Daniels had an effecient day passing, going 12 for 14 with 176 yards and 2 td passes. The Mizzou defense was lead by CB Cestine Bridges who had 5 tackles and 3 picks in the game.

Week Two - #7 Mizzou @ #25 Miami

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Box Score
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Mizzou 7 10 10 3 30
    Miami 0 0 0 7 7

Game Statistics
    MIZZ The U
    First Downs 7 8
    Total Offense 262 272
    Turnovers 1 7
    T.O.P. 11:52 12:07

Player of the Game
    RB Derrick Washington * 17rush/66/1 td * 4 rec/66/1 td​

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

This was one of those games where you could just tell your going to lose by a bunch of mistakes made early in the game. I found myself up 41-38 (dont get me started on how bad my defense played) with 1:00 on the clock and Wisc. on my 2 yard line about to punch it in. 2 stops and 2 timeouts later, :45 on the clock 3rd and goal at the 2, I call a drop zone, which is a huge risk because I have not been able to takle Wisc. huge HB all day. My SS makes a sick pick and takes it 106 yards to the house, game. I stole one here.

6. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Yeah but a win is a win my friend...lol...The CPU thought it had you handled and you turned the tables...