Week 2 Now Open - Deadline is March 13, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roadhouse, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Week 2 Now Open

Deadline = March 13, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

No GBN v. GBN matchups this week.

Stay thirsty my friends.​

2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Going to Boise is no laughing matter. The kings of the non bcs dominate on the blue turf. Needing to grab the early lead bowling green and boise knocked heads for a quarter and a half before boise broke threw with a touchdown. From that point on it was mostly all bowling green till 2 mins left in the game when boise scored 2 late meaningless touchdowns. Harris was brilliant after a early pick he settled in nicely throwing for 5 touchdowns and looking like a veteran doing it. Looking forward to a home game the falcons will entertain the 16th ranked scarlet knights of rutgers.

Bowling Green.....38
    Boise St.............19

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Miami opens up their season at Waco, TX vs. the mighty Baylor Bears. It was a return home, of sorts, for Coach Roadhouse who had a successful stint as the leader of dem Bears way back when. Then, his high-flying psasing game was derailed by stone fingered Bear receivers, prompting the term "Baylor Paws" to explain why guys couldn't catch a passable ball.

But it was the sophomore QB, Jack Black who lead the Redhawks out of the tunnel. Dougie Fresh and Issac Hayes are team captains, and the new look U getting ready for an exciting new season.

It was some rough sledding early, because Black was a little nervous in front of the big crowd, but he settled down to carry the O in the first half. Dougie Fresh had trouble finding holes, with the revamped offensive line. Gone is Barry White, who was expected to be the field general at Center.

In the end, clean living prevailed for Dat U. Miami wins 38-21, and returns home to face more bears, the UCLA Bruins. Originally, this game was scheduled for Los Angeles, but Charlie Sheen is hosting interviews for a thrid goddess at the same time, and the Colesium will be used to handle the overflow crowds.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

EMU busts loose for a resounding 41-20 win over Army. After getting down 20-7, EMU could see the game slipping from it's grasp. The triple option attack that had destroyed EMU last week was gutting them once again. However, a quick strike through the air and an INT return TD allowed EMU to right the ship and make the comeback. Huge win for EMU as next week is a definite loss at Navy.

Possibly the last time EMU will be .500 until next season.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Nice comeback radio...you guys will be good in no time with you at the healm... and roadhouse is taking names at dat u. Quite the contrast from the early seasons bro well done with them.

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Thanks Sox. And next year, I'm going to take your advice and switch to Bowling Green. Mind if I take the Ferarri for a spin???

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Guys I won't be able to play my gm until sun afternoon.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

No problem man. We're a day early anyway. Unless you want me to advance and sim, we'll wait until you get back and do it yourself.

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Bronco's vs Wolverines

Was a great game and I could not be more proud of my guys.

1st QT was a grid lock neither team able to score.

2nd QT we tradded TD's and went into the half with a tie ball game, I did lose my starting QB for the year right before the half with a broken collar bone.

3rd QT we came out depressed at the loss of Coleman and our RS Fresh QB threw 3 picks asap. Playing the #2 team in the country you will pay. They score 3 TD's and hopes are low for the broncos. 27-7 They missed extra pt. (hope) With 1:40 left in the QT Olsen hits Back up RB one and out and up for a 38 yd TD. 27-14 end QT.

4th QT defences holds 3 and out and the Offense does work again driving for a score on a nice back of the endzone corner route. 27-21. Broncos D holds again 3 and out and gets the ball back with 4:30 left in the game. Coach is thinking upset Olsen has a glazed look in his eyes and the 1st play of the drives throws and INT. The Michigan QB is a freak breaking tackles and scoring a 13 yd td on a busted pass play. Still time on the clock and hope in heart we take the fiels again and Olsen throws a pick. They score again. 40-21 end game

Coach notes and Quotes:

"Olsen threw 6 picks I hate we lost coleman for the year we will have to pick before the next game who will be out starter. We do have Claven Woods a true Fr. I don't think this kid is color blind like Olsen. He might be able to throw to the right jerseys."

"Our Run Game was none existant thats my fault we gave up on it to quik."

"Defense Great Job"

"8 Dropped passes "come on man"

"We look to rebound against a good Arkansas team next week."