Week 2: Patriots 28 Eagles 26

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thaexistence, Nov 20, 2010.

1. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

The game was not this close until the end... making it absolutely epic. The Patriots still enamored by their passing game came out guns blazing... but it seemed like the Patriot Wide Receivers were only kill targets for Tom Brady as he hit the hands of wide receivers while they were wide open only to have them drop the ball. Literally, the first 6 throws were dropped balls.

1st Half: Patriots are able to muscle through a tough defense scoring 14 points while holding the Eagles to 6. Randy Moss would shrug of that midget Asante Samuel to score a TD in double coverage (Moss also dropped a few easy passes too). Wes Welker would also pitch in wit a 15 yard strike of his own. BTW Lag was awful, I kicked like 4 KR/Punts out of bounds.

2nd Half: Now this is were I went WTF. The Eagles drive down the field and are held, but the get the ball back. The Patriots drive down the field are about to score hit a wide open Wes Welker on a slant, Ellis Hobbs shakes the ball free, AND DAMNIT DJ Williams catches the ball before it hits the ground. He literally had it by the figure tips.

After throwing my remote, I compose my self and say, great play.

Then he hit a wide open Desean Jackson on a streak, how was he 20 yards wide open, IDK, 58 yards later it was a TD. As the ball is being kicked of the entire Eagles stadium is singing that dumb-ass song they always sing when they think momentum is shifting; shift it did. On the next possession, Brady would throw an INT as Moss is held for about 15 yards by two defenders allowing Ellis Hobbs to keep up and pick the ball off, thank goodness for pass interference calls this year... Oh wait they don't exist. Ok, now we have a ball game. The Eagles who were stuffed on most run attempts run a play action pass to Weaver where Kolb broke Mayo's ankles. All the sudden the Patriots find themselves down 20-14. Is this happening? In the last minute of the third the Patriots turn it on and score on a 18 yard Wes Welker catch.

Eagles weren't done. They used up 4 minutes in the fourth torching again and again and again the Patriot defense. Even when the Patriots would have a chance at the pick to end the game about 4 times on that drive... we dropped the perfectly thrown pick... Eagles score. 26-21 as the Eagles fail to convert the 2 pnts.

With three minutes to go the Patriots know they need to score, but score slowly... they almost accomplished that. Predicting a cover 2 zone Coach NE chose a play for Randy Moss... what did Moss do... only a one handed grab for the TD over the middle of the field. However, there was a minute left. The Patriots would keep it together holding the Eagles to a 55 yard field goal. THANK GOD FOR LAG, otherwise I lost, as rookie Coker would hit the topless girl in row 310.

GG I cannot believe it ended like that. Your definitely a way better player than I am.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

sounds like it couldn't have been scripted any better. great recap, and congrats on the tough win.

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Pats still suck! :thumbsup: