Week 2 POTW and BOTW

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Week 2 is in the books, we had 5 pvp games with 3 games being decided by 4 points or less. So some close games out there. There were some great performers out there, but one guy stood out more than the rest.

Player of the Week

Felix Jones -- Felix gets his first POTW award by rushing for 146 yards and 3 TD's against the Jets. This included a 81 yarder. In this game Felix had an impressive 14.6 yards a carry average. Felix has had a strong start, scroing 5 times in the first two games for 339 yards rushing and a 13 YPC average.

Runner up -- Tony Moeaki: The Tide End with the coolest name in the NFL gets runner up. He had 9 catches for 136 yards and a TD.

Bust of the Week

Ryan Grant -- Grant and the Packers had a disastrous day on the ground against the Lions. The Packers had a total of 27 yards rushing on the ground, all being accounted for by Grant on 10 carries. The Pack attack is not known for their running game, but 27 yards of 10 attempts isn't going to cut it. The Packers went on to lose 24 to 21 to the Lions.

2. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I think u missed Chris Johnson... 15 carries 200 yards 2 TDs, 3 catches 40 yards

3. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Nope, he didnt, this is week 2, in week 2 CJ only had like 115 yards rushing.

4. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

oh, my bad, ur right lol
    im launching an official "CJ for POTW of week 3" campaign, would u like a flyer?

5. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Lol we'll see. He's def a strong candidate. I knew it was only a matter of time before he landed on the list.

6. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

how can moeaki by a player of the week candidate when his team lost? booo i say

7. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

It's not required for your team to win the game to get the award. If Chris Johnson rushes for 300 yards and 3 TD's, he's going to get it regardless of the final score. It does make a difference though when I'm looking at players who put up similar numbers. If Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson both have 180 yards receiving and 3 TD's and are the top 2 candidates, but Andre's team won and Calvin's lost, I'm going to give it to Andre because his team won. Calvin could even have slightly better numbers but Andre would still win it.

8. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

My man, your game in week three was against the CPU Jaguars which means Chris Johnson is not eligible for the POTW. As I stated in the rules in my week one POTW post, only players from pvp games are eligible for this award.

9. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

If computer games were eligible, Jamaal Charles 225 yards and 4 TDs might be worthy!

10. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Lol yeah he would. Put up those numbers against a user I will guarantee you a POTW award.

I could run for 300 yards and 3 td's with Felix Jones against the CPU every time if I wanted too. If we played on All Madden I might count CPU games, but ALL Pro is too easy.