Week 2 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by LSUTRUTH, Oct 27, 2012.

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Jun 19, 2011
    Welcome TMFL to Week 2 Power rankings. Here we will feature a top 10 teams in the Power Rankings. The rankings will be based of Strength of Schedule, Success last season, and current success. Some may feel snubbed just know if your playing well I will take notice of your team. That being said lets get started.

1. NY Giants (2-0): The New York Giants have been some very good teams in the Falcons and the Eagles. The Giants coming off a super bowl run will hold this top spot until some body decides to beat them. Coach I Peench has the Giants rolling with a comeback win and a close win over the Eagles. Time will tell if someone can knock off the Giants.

2. Baltimore Ravens (1-0): The Ravens bring a great balance of good offense and defense. They are coming off a runners up superbowl run. That will be burning in the back of their mind. They destroyed the Seahawks in week 1. They face a much improved Browns team they beat the Patriots team in week 1. The Ravens and Coach bawvu97 have a tough road ahead but for now the Ravens havent lost a step however that could change. Division could be one of the most challenging in TMFL.

3. New Orleans Saints (1-0): The Saints play great offense lead by Superstar QB DrewBrees. The defense is much improved with multiple additions made via the draft and FA. The Saints have the fire power to contend with the Giants however they also play in the toughest Division in TMFL the NFC South. While a case could be made Bondzai and the Bucs could be bringing the division down(I kid I kid). The Top 3 are very good with fuzzyl0gic, antcap24 and capp34 . The Saints play a very tough week 2 game vs the underrated Vikings. They could be on the rise or fall here in the Top 10.

4. New England Patriots (2-0): Tom Brady is putting haters to rest with a close win over the Browns Shaun Mason and a solid win over the improved Bills Keller(seems like we say that every year). The AFC East is growing into budding star division however Coach Philstyle3005 is a very good coach and user. Had it not been for him starting Mallet at QB to end the year he very easily could of overtaken the Dolphins who surged for a late season win and Division crown. Dont sleep on the Pats out of the AFC East this season.

5. Tennessee Titans (1-0): They were the number 2 Seed in the AFC last season and could very well do that again this season. The Titans are not going to overwhelm you with talent they are just a very solid football team that is extremely well coached by Coach AzureEffect. That being said they do have their share of playmakers. Mainly on offense there are difference makers in Jake Locker, Chris Johnson, and Kenny Britt. They have some budding stars in Jared Cook and Kendall Wright. Their defense is solid however it is lacking of big name stars with the exception of FS Michael Griffin.

6. Kansas City Chiefs (1-0): Coming off an AFC Championship run the Chiefs looked amazing in a dismantling of the Detroit Lions. The Chiefs are dynamic on offense with Vick and Charles in the backfield and Bowe has shown sparks since Vicks arrival. On defense the Chiefs get after the passer with Houston and Hali on the edge for one of the fiercest combinations in the TMFL. Watch out AFC West this Chiefs team is rolling due to Coach Baron getting the NFL game figured out quickly. They could sky in these rankings in the upcoming weeks.

7. Detroit Lions (1-1): The Lions were dismantled on the road by a very good Chiefs team. However they bounced right back and beat a Falcons team many though could win the NFC South and they still can but they now have 2 heart breaking losses. The Lions have Calvin Johnson and he is the man but that being said where is the help for the superstar. Many unprovens around Lions camp. On defense the Lions brought in some veterans at CB with hope that will help their defense. I still believe the Lions are a very good team but Coach HovaTheGodMC is gunna have to take some pressure off Calvin

8. Miami Dolphins (2-0): The Dolphins finished last season under Coach LSUTRUTH with a 6-2 record but were bounced in the first round of the playoffs. They are much improved this season however there are many tests ahead of the Dolphins who must play the #4 Patriots twice in the upcoming weeks. If the Dolphins can get through the Patriots with a 1-1 or 2-0 record the AFC East could be their division to lose. Im very interested to see how they do in Week 17 vs the Giants. Hopefully that game means something.

9. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0): Old School are these Bengals. Coach Timpegoose has this club playing great run defense as well as smart quick west coast passing which opens up a lot especially when you play as physically as the Bengals play in TMFL. The Bengals play in a great division in the AFC North which is trying to stake claim as the Best Division in the TMFL. If another North team takes a step up watch out as they might steal that title away from the NFC South.

10. Minnesota Vikings (1-0): Coach Kasper has a great running game lead by a great running back in Adrian Peterson. Kasper has somehow turned Joe Webb into a great passer and he is efficient with the ball in his hands. They face a great test this week with the New Orleans Saints. The Vikings Defense hasnt and wont be on the field much due to this run game however if you can keep the defense on the field they can be exposed which is why they are so far down here. That being said Kasper has made some improvements to his frustrating defense.

Next 5 Teams:
    Chicago Bears - Sport a 2-0 record but their coach just retired.
    Pittsburgh Steelers - Are a good team however Age could be beginning to show
    Atlanta Falcons - An 0-2 start has Dampened the season but they are still a great club
    Carolina Panthers - At 0-1 sit behind all the above teams. Play the explosive Packers this week.
    Jacksonville Jaguars - New Coach struggled at first. Looks to be closing the gap. Should move up.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Jul 5, 2011
    Great stuff LSU, but, for accuracy's sake: I'm only 1-0, Cheez and I haven't played.

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Jun 19, 2011
    Sorry Ill edit that.
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    I'm totally bummed about losing to the Patriots. I just could not catch any breaks in that game. Forced 4 fumbles... none of them I recovered. Every errant pass was intercepted meanwhile Tom Brady couldn't be picked off no matter what.

Phil just can't be stopped with that team man. Hat's off to him today for the big win.
  5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011

I wouldn't bother :p Cheez
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Sep 29, 2010
    Good content LSU, very nice write ups
  7. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010
    Our defense is fine- we showed it against St Louis.
  8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Apr 7, 2009
    True story.
  9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Jul 25, 2010
    I see I've got some work to do to try and become formidable. Challenge accepted.