WEEK 2 (S2) - Deadline is 10pm CST THU 11/29

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Nov 26, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Great week guys! Let's keep this thing chugging along.

Just a few quick notes:

I posted an update to the Rules/Regulations so be sure to review them. Most of it has been covered but I wanted to update the official rules. I'll also give you guys a quick overview just as a refresher.
    • Mixing up your playcalling means not using the same play more than 1-2 times per game and not completing the same route more than 3-5 times per game. Slants, curls, ins, outs, posts and drags you can probably complete 4-5 times per game realistically. Streaks, corners and flag routes should probably be only 2-3 times per game. You shouldn't be relying on the same routes over and over to move the ball.
    • Only a few NFL teams pass more than 60% of the time. Everyone should try to stay at 65% or less and the majority should be under 60%. There are no air raid teams in the NFL so remember to run the ball.
    • Defensively you should be mixing up your coverages as well. Man coverage should not be run more than ~50% of the time. You can run zone as high as 75% but man should stay at or under 50%.
    • Bump coverage should be limited to probably 20-30% manual bump. This is generally used in short yardage passing situations and on man blitzes to throw off timing. It should not be used on general passing plays or to stop the run.
    • Blitzes should be 50% of your defense or less. This means sending 5 or more guys. We will let you play aggressively but being heavily reliant on the blitz or man is not allowed.
    • Be realistic with your manual coverage changes. Yes, you can occasionally drop a lineman into coverage. However, you should not be doing it over and over.

Basically, challenge yourself to use as much of your playbook as possible and to be as varied as possible. If you rely on a certain route, a certain coverage or a blitz to bail you out, you're not embracing the sim mindset of TSO. There are a lot of great players in here. Constantly challenge yourselves to be the best on this site!

There is also a new rule regarding kickoffs that Jbbubba, crumbler81 and I discussed. It is:
    • Squib kicks are allowed at any time unless trailing in the 4th quarter. If you are trailing in the 4th quarter you should normal kick or kick onside. If you are worried about giving up a return, kick it out of bounds or work on your kick coverage to shore up your holes.
    Sim Game of the Week
    Dolphins 24, Chiefs 21​
    Tot off: KC 324, Mia 263​
    Rush yds: KC 69, Mia 72​
    Pass yds: KC 255, Mia 191​
    R. Tannehil, Mia 16-26 241 3 0​
    M. Cassel, KC 17-31 268 2 1​
    J. Charles, KC 12 70 5.8 1​
    R. Bush, Mia 12 63 5.3 0​
    D. Bowe, KC 6 143 23.8 1​
    R. Johnson, KC 5 52 10.4 0​
    D. Bess 4 40 10.0 0​
    L. Robinson, Mia 4 51 12.8 0​
    Good job guys!​
    That's it! Lets get after it and have some fun!​
    [​IMG]

2. majesty95

3. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Thanks Madden for making me lose to the Browns after I already beat them! *@#*

4. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Thats funny but i know what you mean..

5. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

I made the recap thread to post mine. Hope that's ok.

6. majesty95

Yeah that's fine. I knew there was something I was forgetting lol

7. MiaFLSurf

Who's left this week? If we advance early I can get my butt kicked by the CPU tonight

8. majesty95

I wanted to advance early but maniac13 and Jbbubba just started their game at 9...

9. MiaFLSurf

Assuming it gets advanced after?

Maybe Ill stay up late and play

10. majesty95

Yeah, hopefully in the next few minutes