Week #2 (S3): Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Nov 23, 2009.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    Week #2 (S3): Game of the Week

Texas A&M vs. #12 Miami

Texas A&M: 0-0 (0-0)
    #12 Miami: 1-0 (0-0)

Last Game:
    Texas A&M: Bye
    #12 Miami vs. Kansas State: W 49-7​

#12 ranked Miami brings alot of talent back this season and are looking for revenge after almost knocking off the #1 ranked Florida State Seminoles in last years ACC Championship. Miami is able to mix their offensive attack up, making it hard for the defense to set in place when either a pass strike or a RB in the trenches can tear you apart.

Texas A&M is hoping to regain some respect in the Big 12 South after having two mediocre seasons. A new head coach has taken the reigns and looks to explode out onto the national scene with a huge upset at home. One of the top RB's in the nation, Christine Michael, will be the forefront of the attack, and Miami will need to find an answer for him early if they want to contain A&M's offense.

Miami hold the series lead in the matchup with a 2-1 record. The last time these two teams met, Miami embarrassed Texas A&M on the National Thursday night spotlight, so redemption is needed for A&M to start this season out strong.

Expert Picks:

Corso: Texas A&M
    Herbstreit: Miami

Miami will be able to keep the Aggie defense guessing with studs in the backfield and lining up out wide. A&M will need to expose a weakness in the Hurricane secondary to be able to make the offense run on all cylinders, otherwise Christine Michael will have to carry the team on his shoulders..

Miami edges Texas A&M in this game by winning the turnover ratio..

Texas A&M: 17
    Miami: 28

Post your thoughts here...
  2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    I think Texas am will edge Miami out. I am not good at stopping the run... I allowed 400 yards on the ground in gg. I think it will be a high scoring affair with Christine carrying Texas am to victory...

Texas am: 42
    Miami: 31
  3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Oct 6, 2009
    nice matchup, stopping the run isn't that hard, but a welltimed playaction is devastating... whats your base defense?