Week 2 S3 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MILMONTpa, Jan 4, 2010.

1. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Week 2 S3 Summaries

Idaho handles Texas Tech as HB Princeton McCarty runs wild. 200+ yds rushing and 3 TDs. Tx Tech was behind the entire game until the final 2 minutes when they took the lead on a 25 yd pass. Idaho went to work in the final two minutes and ultimately scored the game winning TD on a QB sneak with 7 seconds left from inches out on 4th down.

Tx Tech threw for 504 yds against us on 30 of 40 passing. Sick. Idaho simply cannot stop the pass apparently. We recruited 3 CBs, we have excellent saftey's, also recruited. We rush from the edges... but it seems like every game is a shootout. Should be an interesting season.

Idaho 45 Tx Tech 41

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Stanford 31-27 New Mexico

Luck Leads Cardinal Past Lobos

[​IMG]
    Andrew Luck throwing 1 of his 3 touchdown passes​

After an off-season full of change, Stanford finally got their 2011 season underway in Week 2, visiting the University of New Mexico. Lead by Evolution Heisman Trophy Candidate Andrew Luck and their passing attack, the Cardinal escaped with a 31-27 win. Stanford got off to a slow start and would have to play catch up all game. On their 1st possession of the season, Stanford promptly went 3 & out and New Mexico jumped all over the opening quickly moving the ball down the field with their spread attack to take an early 7-0 lead when Brad Gruner hit Adam Watson for a 31-yard touchdown pass.

In the 2nd quarter, Luck and the Stanford offense would get on the board with a nice drive that culminated in Luck’s 1st touchdown pass of the season when he hit Stepfan Taylor, who was wide open on an out, from the 4 yardline.

[​IMG]
    Taylor’s touchdown catch​

New Mexico would respond with another solid drive with quarterback Gruner picking the Cardinal secondary apart and running back James Wright gashing the spread out Stanford defense with runs up the middle.

“We were at a complete loss a lot of the game against that offense.†Coach Alexander said at mid-field after the game “I think they exposed a lot of our weaknesses today and they did a really good job of continuing to attack the weaknesses when they found them. We were really lucky to pull this one out today.â€ÂÂ

The Lobos’ drive culminated in Wright scoring from 4 yards out to restore their 7-point lead at 14-7. Once again, Stanford had trouble finding traction with their offense and had to punt. This time, with New Mexico pinned deep in their territory, Stanford forced a punt and got the ball with good field position. Unfortunately, Luck made one of his few mistakes on the day and was intercepted on by Joe Harris when he misjudged his receivers break. Stanford’s defense stepped up though, forcing a fumble when Thomas Keiser came off the edge for 1 of his 2 sacks on the day and linebacker Devin Guillory was able to fall on it. Stanford then got the ball to the Lobo 26 and David Green connected from 43 yards on the last play of the half to make the halftime score 14-10 New Mexico.

[​IMG]
    Keiser forces a fumble in the 2nd quarter​

The 2nd half began with Gruner still on fire as he led New Mexico down the field throwing his 2nd touchdown pass of the day, this time to tight end Lucas Reed from the 24 yardline. This touchdown gave New Mexico a 21-10 lead, but from this point on, they’d only be able to tack on 2 field goals. Down 11 points and in dire straights, Stanford began their comback. Stanford would drive down to the Lobos’ 2 yardline and when freshman tailback Braylon Ingram was stuffed for a 1-yard loss, Coach Alexander called a play-action pass and Luck hit his fullback Jamaal Tyson to bring the Cardinal back to within 4. New Mexico would then drive into Stanford territory, but stall at the 32 yardline and have to settle for a 49-yard James Aho field goal, making the score 24-17 heading into the 4th quarter.

[​IMG]
    JR Patterson’s spectacular 4th quarter touchdown catch​

Luck earned his Player of the Game honors in the 4th quarter throwing 2 touchdown passes to lead the Cardinal to victory. The 1st was a nice pass on a fade route down the right sideline when senior wideout JR Patterson beat the press coverage and got a step on the New Mexico corner. New Mexico would then try to regain their lead and win the game chewing clock and moving the ball. The bend but don’t break Cardinal defense was finally able to stop the Lobos’ offense on a goaline stand and Coach Saban decided to take the field goal and the lead with 1:23 to play. Luck then completed a couple passes to get the ball out to Stanford’s 44 yardline and then he was able to hit leading receiver Usua Amanam on a bomb down the left sideline to put Stanford up by 4 with :28 to play.

[YOUTUBE]DPPcVyWxROs[/YOUTUBE]
    Amanam's game-winning touchdown reception​

New Mexico got the ball back with all 3 of their timeouts and went to work on Stanford’s conservative secondary. Bruner completed a few passes and with under :10 to play and no timeouts, Bruner hit Ty Kirk at the 6 yardline, but he was swarmed by several Stanford defensive backs and stopped at the 2 yardline as time expired. Game over, Stanford wins 31-27 in a great game played by both teams.

[YOUTUBE]Z208LwYvJWY[/YOUTUBE]
    Lobos come up 2 yards short of victory as time expires

Player of the Game
    12 Andrew Luck

[​IMG]
    25-35 304 yards 4 TDs

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

#24 NC State @ Bowling Green

MAYS LEADS FALCONS TO UPSET WIN OVER #24 WOLFPACK

BOWLING GREEN, Oh -- Many experts (Frisky :D) were surprised when Bowling Green HB Mark Mays was voted a first team preseason All-American. Well, in his first game against the #24 NC State Wolfpack, Mays rushed for 235 yards on 42 carries and scored 3 times to lead BG to an impressive 27 - 14 win to start the season. His best run of the day was this 66 yard run that lead to a 21 - 7 BG lead.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rd-944ORY1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rd-944ORY1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Sophmore QB Bart Tanski also played well. He completed 11 passes on 18 attempts for 155 yards to keep the NC State defense off-balance.

UP Next for the Falcons - at Virginia

4. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

auburn blows again...

in a tough start to coach t2express's tenure at AUB and off to a career worst 0-2 start, things dont look any better for the Tigers as they stumble into conference play..

Auburn got the ball to start and quickly gave it back to CMU.. Frisk wasted no time in sticking it to the tigers scoring in 32 seconds to take the early lead.. Auburn put a semi decent drive and managed to get 3.. 7-3. Frisk was halted and forced to punt but the AUB returner didnt want to catch it so, CMU got the ball back on the AUB 24. quickly it was getting ugly 14-3. Auburn finally put a drive together and punched one in making the score 14-10 headed into the 2nd.. CMU would pile on 14 more points and the Tigers would manage just 10... 28-20 at the half.. In the second half disaster lingered around Auburn.. the youth of the Tigers really came to show vs the leadership from CMU.. both teams played much better on defense. with 3 mins left auburn got the ball back after making a huge interception.. The tigers drove the field and the clock down to the 33 yard line with 33 seconds left.. coach T2 needing to get as close as possible to the endzone was forced to pass on 3rd down... Darrah fired a pass over the middle only to have CMU finally make an Interception.. Tigers fall 33-35.

gg frisk..

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Nev @ WSU

The Wolfpack heads into this game excited to light the fuse and just explode on offense. Nevada did just that on the 3rd play from scrimmage.

SR QB C.Louks passes to JR RB J.Fogerson

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAmjZa7WUpk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAmjZa7WUpk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

WSU answered with a long drive and a TD pass from 12 yards out. But on the very next possession Nevada does an option right that goes the distance.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXmSQETRDpQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXmSQETRDpQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Fogerson runs over a OLB then jukes the CB for a 65 yard run.

14-7 Nev

2nd QTR

Nevada stops WSU on two offensive drives around the 50 yard line. Even with bad field position Nevada was able to score twice from methodical drives. One from a FG and another from a pass from QB Louks to RB J.Fogerson. On 4th and 2 WSU run a fake punt but got stopped 1 yard short of the first down.

24-7 Nevada

3rd QTR

Noticing WSU refusing to get out of the defensive zone, coach Jvig calls up the deep verticals. Louks hooks up with SR WR B.Wimberly for 71 yards for the TD. WSU answers right back driving down the field with the power run game and scores from 3 yards out. Nevada answers right back with a PA deep post catching the defense on a blitz and going 45 yards for the TD to Wimberly. The next play WSU runs a dive play breaking the Nevadas DT arm tackle and runs 67 for the TD.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqetnaL6u7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqetnaL6u7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Now the score was 38-20 with 32 seconds remaining in the qtr. Worried that momentum has completely shifted to WSU, coach Jvig calls up the deep verticals again and again catches WSU unprepared for the deep pass.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuQgjLVQGLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuQgjLVQGLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

B.Wimberly catches the deep pass from Louks for 74 yards for the TD.

45-20

4th QTR

The rest of the game was chew clock.

Final 45-20

GG NDColts!!!! Nevada is going into this season with high expectations. :)

Hey ND do you have a mic because before we played I could here someone talking about 5 WR audibles that are unstoppable lol with the NCAA music in the background. Just wondering if that was you.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol i have a mic but it wasnt me my mic is off and noone at my house would know a thing about any football since they are 6,4 and 3 years old. Yeah good game. I tried man coverage and it was so ugly i said noway. I had no clue what my team had didnt get any chance to play with them. At least i know i have one rb lol He did have over 200 yards rushing. But i did lose my starting qb for 10 weeks yes thats a big help to this team :(

7. NDCOLTS1979

Oh and my rejects i have in the secondary were suppose to be in a 2 deep zone on that play. I think they were confused and thought they were suppose to go dig a deep hole

8. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

LOL! I dunno who I heard on the mic but it was pretty funny.

I was alil surprised how I was able to hit a few of those deep routes. Hopefully I can do this more often. :) My QB had a rating of 408! But yea in the end I guess 1on1 your DBs were no match for WR Wimberly. Recruit some DB's that'll allow you to continue your pressure defense while sufficiently covering the Wide outs

9. NDCOLTS1979

Oh i have cb on my board thats for sure. So many holes to fill its going to be fun lol

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

When T2 was Nevada season 1 Wimberly was a beast for him.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

CENTRAL MICHIGAN LEAVES JORDAN HARE WITH A CLOSE WIN OVER AUBURN 35-33

CENTRAL MICHIGAN LEAVES JORDAN HARE WITH A CLOSE WIN OVER AUBURN 35-33

[​IMG]
    Senior running back Bryan Schroeder rushes for 150 yards with 4 TD's against Auburn.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    CMU 14 14 7 0 35
    AUB 10 10 6 7 33

STAT CMU AUB
    OFF 328 360
    RUSH (carry-yards-TD) 29-144-4 32-139-2
    PASS (comp-att-yards-TD) 13-21-184-1 16-22-221-1
    TO 3 3
    TOP 11:16 13:05

The Auburn Tigers outplayed the Central Michigan Chippewahs. Amazingly Central Michigan left with a win. Two costly turnovers and the absence of a kicker helped CMU win a game that they would have lost 99 out of 100 times.

Both teams were unable to stop each other and there was a total of 48 points in the first quarter. Central Michigan tried to play conservative football while Auburn played very aggressive. The Central Michigan defense tried to bend but not break playing a combination of zone and man without blitzing one down. Auburn's talent level was extrememly higher and a one-on-one matchup is not something Coach Frisk wanted to see.

On Auburn's first play of the game RB McCalebb fumbled and it was recovered by CMU. This led to the initial score and quite possibly could have been the difference in the game. Later in the first half CMU punted and it was muffed and CMU recovered. This also led to a TD.

Central Michigan was leading 35-33 with the ball and was on the 40 yard line. They were stuffed and had a tough decision. It was 3rd and long. Do they run a dive and punt it away or do they pass and extend the drive. Coach Frisk opted to pass and Auburn intercepted Rifenbury's pass. Three plays later Auburn was at CMU's 35 yard line with 30 seconds left in the game. Coach Frisk and the Chippewas were ready to pack it up. Coach T2Express, who was in desperate need of a Kicker decided to get as close as possible to make the kick easy for his walk on freshmen kicker. Auburn tried a play action pass and freshmen LB Jake Bentley intercepted the pass and ran it to the 20 yard line. CMU would then chew the clock to solidify a 35-33 win.

[YOUTUBE]2OCg8IPvpQg[/YOUTUBE]
    Running Back Bryan Schroeder powers through the Auburn defense for a 17 yard TD in the 1st quarter.

The Central Michigan offense was led by HB Bryan Schroeder who rushed for 150 yards on 23 carries. QB Derek Rifenbury passed for 184 yards on 13 completions with 1 TD. His main target was All-Evo selection Charlie Hoch who had 4 catches for 53 yards. Jeremy Wilson added 1 TD catch for 35 yards.

[YOUTUBE]BFwMABq_P8I[/YOUTUBE]
    Derek Rifenbury connects with WR Jeremy Wilson on a 35 yard TD to take the lead in the second quarter.

The Chippewah defense was led by Freshmen Jake Bentley who had 11 tackles, 1 TFL, and the game winning interception. DE Davon Jordan and Antonio Gaylord each added 1 sack.

[YOUTUBE]5Rf_XBkI9zA[/YOUTUBE]
    Freshmen Jake Bentley intercepts a pass from Darrah with 47 seconds left on the clock.

The Central Michigan Chippewahs (2-0,0-0) will continue non conference play as they will meet up with Michigan State back home next week.

12. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Wow... awesome game guys. I know Frisk feels his team is in an off year and Auburn had an awesome recruiting year. This is a major upset. Good to see this is possible. Hope you guys enjoyed the game.

13. T2

its going to be a long year @ Auburn..

14. NDCOLTS1979

Could be worse. You could be Washington St who has no corners and lost the starting qb in game one for 10 weeks like we have the talent for that

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo 17 LTech 14 OT

Buffalo's offense was led by Jeffvon Gill. He should be considered for the Evo Heisman btw. He had 182 yards rushing and the Bulls 2 TDs on runs of 40+ yards.

The Bulls defense forced 3 turnovers. FS Watson is living up to his preseason all-Evo hype by intercepting a pass and recovering a botched option pitch in OT to clinch the win.

Cruz Williams had 6 catches for LTech in the loss.

16. Emmdotfrisk

haha thanks for the tip BC.....but there are a number of guys who have put up solid numbers and are not on the top 5. HE will be added to the watch list.

17. NDCOLTS1979

Thats all he had? thats less than Jordan from Wsu lol

18. Emmdotfrisk

Don't worry ND, I am evaluating everyone's top performing players taking into account, stats, direct impact of the outcome of the game, and how well the team is doing.

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If it wasn't for Gill on offense and Watson on defense Buffalo would be 0-2.

20. T2

welp bc your 2 games better than auburn... lol

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Frisk should update the Evo top 12. (y)

Like I said earlier or in another thread, Gill and Watson won the first 2 games for me. They are making Buffalo look like a contender for the MAC. However, Buffalo will probably fizzle out and be a pretender.