1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 2: Saints 34, Bears 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Northern Exposure

Saints Improve to 2-0 After 2nd Straight Win over NFC North Team

[​IMG]

September 21, 2011​

NEW ORLEANS, la- The Bears were not who we thought they were.​

The New Orleans Saints dominated the game from the opening kickoff, and for the first time in Drew Brees' career his team defeated the Chicago Bears.​

It was an emphatic statement by Brees, as he went 17/25 for 291 yards and 4 touchdowns and no interceptions. He also scored on a sneak into the endzone in the first quarter to account for all of the Saints points on the day.​

"I'll tell you, Drew was as good as I've seen him," said Coach Dunlap.​

"When he plays at that level it's really fun to watch. I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side when that happens."​

I'm sure the Bears would echo that sentiment. Their quarterback, Jay Cutler, had to fight through constant pressure from the Saints defense that included six sacks on the day.​

Cutler finished 18/29 for 236 yards, but no touchdowns and one interception.​

Their All-Pro halfback Matt Forte tried to carry the team on his shoulders in the second half as he rumbled for a couple of touchdowns on long runs, but it would be too little too late.​

The Saints would build a 21-0 halftime lead and then cruise in the second half on their way to their second consecutive win against an NFC North opponent.​

New Orleans now faces a tough test at home from the upstart Houston Texans. Meanwhile the Bears will try to rebound against the Packers.​