Week 2: Saints 34, Bears 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Northern Exposure

Saints Improve to 2-0 After 2nd Straight Win over NFC North Team

[​IMG]

September 21, 2011​

NEW ORLEANS, la- The Bears were not who we thought they were.​

The New Orleans Saints dominated the game from the opening kickoff, and for the first time in Drew Brees' career his team defeated the Chicago Bears.​

It was an emphatic statement by Brees, as he went 17/25 for 291 yards and 4 touchdowns and no interceptions. He also scored on a sneak into the endzone in the first quarter to account for all of the Saints points on the day.​

"I'll tell you, Drew was as good as I've seen him," said Coach Dunlap.​

"When he plays at that level it's really fun to watch. I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side when that happens."​

I'm sure the Bears would echo that sentiment. Their quarterback, Jay Cutler, had to fight through constant pressure from the Saints defense that included six sacks on the day.​

Cutler finished 18/29 for 236 yards, but no touchdowns and one interception.​

Their All-Pro halfback Matt Forte tried to carry the team on his shoulders in the second half as he rumbled for a couple of touchdowns on long runs, but it would be too little too late.​

The Saints would build a 21-0 halftime lead and then cruise in the second half on their way to their second consecutive win against an NFC North opponent.​

New Orleans now faces a tough test at home from the upstart Houston Texans. Meanwhile the Bears will try to rebound against the Packers.​